Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-28 21:48:34

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Monument block

A monument is an action block that displays text like the sign, but with a unique twist. It looks like a flat bronze slab. It allows descriptions, but shorter than those of a sign. (maybe 70 characters?)

The slab can be "claimed" by any smiley that presses Y while in front of it. When claimed, it will turn into a bronze smiley statue form, with the description kept. If the world was saved after the monument was originally added, any claims will be kept until the block is destroyed, even if all players leave.

If the player has already won the level when the monument is claimed, the statue will appear silver. If the player has the crown when the monument is claimed, it will appear gold. If the player has the diamond smiley, the monument will appear diamond!

Not only would it be a fun block to add in general, but it would also serve a useful purpose. For example, imagine a "hall of fame" area in a world, where you get to see the first few winners of a world! (It would take a creative world owner to prevent a player from claiming multiple monuments, though.) Or, as a way (other than mod text) to prove that "[famous user] was here!"

Everybody Edits is Fred

#2 2017-05-29 08:05:27

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Re: Monument block

Are EE devs smart enough to Does EE even do filters? I've heard that filters are a pain in the backside.

#3 2017-05-29 09:10:53, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-05-29 09:11:31)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Can monuments be re-claimed or is it that once they are claimed they will not change? Personally, I think that should be a placement option by the world owner.

Additionally, what would the monument actually look like? Would it be the standard smiley or the one of the player?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2017-05-29 13:53:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Devlin wrote:

Would it be the standard smiley or the one of the player?

imo making new bronze silver gold and diamond version for each of the 130+ smileys would be too much thus just a simple //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile should be enough

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-05-29 15:16:09

Pingohits
Banned

maxi123 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

Would it be the standard smiley or the one of the player?

imo making new bronze silver gold and diamond version for each of the 130+ smileys would be too much thus just a simple //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile should be enough

the monument should be:

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile icon for bronze
trophy icon for silver
crown icon for gold
diamond icon for diamond (diamond block won't look good, i recommend using the gem sprite)

791mAP8.png

#6 2017-05-29 18:38:01

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

Can monuments be re-claimed or is it that once they are claimed they will not change?

I originally had a small part addressing that, but I guess it got lost when shifting some things around. The monument can only be claimed by the first user to claim it, until the monument gets deleted or replaced.

Personally, I think that should be a placement option by the world owner.

I can't say I'm a big fan of block options that make minor changes for rather specific scenarios. The reason why monuments work is that the first player (who cares) gets to claim it, and the rest get to see it. With that setting, every user who gets to see it can also claim it. I see cases where that might work, though.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:
N1KF1496079481661705

Board footer