Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-10 19:30:47, last edited by benedani (2017-05-13 15:29:08)

benedani

Major lagg

I'm not sure if this should go here or not, but since it's "bugging" me and doesn't seem like normal behavior I'll post anyway.
So my world has recently gotten a LOT of lag. The lag is mostly noticeable when I try to save the world (unsuccessfully, Saving World screen stays forever) This has been somehow fixed or load the world (which gets everyone dc'd) no longer happens, but loading is still slow. Sometimes it can also be noticed in chat/movement.
The lag is on EE's side because my network usage stays at about 0% while all of this happens, and I'm able to browse other stuff (including these forums) properly.
Anyone else having this lag issue?

Edit: The forums just saying that I'm offline. GG
Edit2: It started to happen on my other worlds too.
Edit3: Saving works now. Loading still slow.

#2 2017-05-11 08:09:17

Priddle

Re: Major lagg

Can you please share the world id here or in a pm? Otherwise I won't be able to provide any further assistance //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#3 2017-05-11 16:52:28

benedani

Oh, so it might be specific to my world?
The world id is: PWvHyLnFiVcEI

#4 2017-05-11 17:21:56

LukeM
Website

Could be the huge numbers of invisible dots?
The game might do something strange with the changing transparency

#5 2017-05-11 17:58:43, last edited by benedani (2017-05-11 17:58:58)

benedani

destroyer123 wrote:

The lag is not client-sided, but rather server-sided.
Also, the invisible dots only update on your screen.

#6 2017-05-11 18:09:59, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-11 18:15:01)

LukeM
Website

benedani wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

The lag is not client-sided, but rather server-sided.
Also, the invisible dots only update on your screen.

How do you know its server sided?
Also you could be right about the dots not being the problem, but thats the only thing that I can see that makes the world different to others

Edit: Just to clarify, I know you said that it isnt your internet speed, but that doesnt mean that the problem isnt client side (it could be something like the game checking every single invisible dot in the map every frame for example (although as you said, it shouldnt be inless one of the devs made an error when they added the dots))

#7 2017-05-11 18:14:40

benedani

destroyer123 wrote:

Did you even read the main post?

#8 2017-05-11 18:16:37, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-11 18:16:53)

LukeM
Website

benedani wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Did you even read the main post?

Just edited my last post while you were posting this XD

destroyer123 wrote:

Edit: Just to clarify, I know you said that it isnt your internet speed, but that doesnt mean that the problem isnt client side (it could be something like the game checking every single invisible dot in the map every frame for example (although as you said, it shouldnt be inless one of the devs made an error when they added the dots))

#9 2017-05-11 18:20:10

benedani

I said the lag is related to saving/loading worlds, which has to do absolutely nothing with the blocks in the level.

#10 2017-05-11 18:46:26, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-11 18:46:43)

LukeM
Website

benedani wrote:

I said the lag is related to saving/loading worlds, which has to do absolutely nothing with the blocks in the level.

The type of block probably wouldnt make a difference on the server side, but it probably would do for the client
e.g. I'm guessing that when loading the world, the whole thing is redrawn (and invisible dots are probably drawn differently to other blocks), which could be the problem

Wooted by:

#11 2017-05-11 18:53:06

benedani

destroyer123 wrote:
benedani wrote:

The type of block probably wouldnt make a difference on the server side, but it probably would do for the client
e.g. I'm guessing that when loading the world, the whole thing is redrawn (and invisible dots are probably drawn differently to other blocks), which could be the problem

Then how about saving? And how about random lag in chat?

#12 2017-05-11 21:04:48

LukeM
Website

benedani wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
benedani wrote:

Im not saying that it is likely that it is client side, just that it is a possibility
I just dont think that one random world would just randomly be laggy, so there must be something to do with the world that is causeing it, and the invisible dots is the only thing I can think of

Its not that rare to have small problems in programs having seemingly random effects on things that dont even seem related, one example could be a thread (not even sure if flash is multithreaded, but this is just an example) which is doing something for longer than it should be, and blocking other threads from running, which could prevent some other unrelated part from doing what it needs to in time, for example saving could prevent other messages from being sent / processed by the client until the server responds saying that it has finished saving, and that could cause a backlog of things needing to be processed, causing lag / disconnects
Im not saying that this is the case, just that it is a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out

#13 2017-05-12 17:17:25, last edited by benedani (2017-05-12 17:26:53)

benedani

destroyer123 wrote:
benedani wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
benedani wrote:

Im not saying that it is likely that it is client side, just that it is a possibility
I just dont think that one random world would just randomly be laggy, so there must be something to do with the world that is causeing it, and the invisible dots is the only thing I can think of

Its not that rare to have small problems in programs having seemingly random effects on things that dont even seem related, one example could be a thread (not even sure if flash is multithreaded, but this is just an example) which is doing something for longer than it should be, and blocking other threads from running, which could prevent some other unrelated part from doing what it needs to in time, for example saving could prevent other messages from being sent / processed by the client until the server responds saying that it has finished saving, and that could cause a backlog of things needing to be processed, causing lag / disconnects
Im not saying that this is the case, just that it is a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out

Well EE is single threaded, because the CPU usage tops out at 33% and I have a 3 core CPU.

Also, something started to happen, edited main post.

benedani1494605845659504

Board footer