Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-04 05:47:19

xcxyx18

How come I can't post on Forum Games?

I wanna make a forum games but there is no post new topic button.

AAA (...)
jMXDrBJ.png?1 Vcaqrsr.png cjrriEx.png

Wooted by:

#2 2017-05-04 05:52:56

Onjit
Website

Re: How come I can't post on Forum Games?

Diff was jealous that there were too many high quality forum games being made and was worried that people would stop posting in other areas of the forum

:.|:;

#3 2017-05-04 16:44:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Onjit wrote:

Diff was jealous that there were too many high quality forum games being made and was worried that people would stop posting in other areas of the forum

So,

instead of punishing us or regulating forum game topics,

Different55 punished every single user on the forum by limiting the creation of forum games.

We are the only winners here and it's all because of Different. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2017-05-04 21:06:39

Pingohits
Banned

N1KF wrote:
Onjit wrote:

So,

instead of punishing us or regulating forum game topics,

Different55 punished every single user on the forum by limiting the creation of forum games.

We are the only winners here and it's all because of Different. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

oh no, i was going to make a chest quest forum game with new weapons and refurnished battle system, guess i have to do away with it now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

791mAP8.png

#5 2017-05-04 21:27:05

Raphe9000

"If you're too lazy to watch over them, let's just censor them!"
What's even the point of the forums anymore ffs

Wooted by:

#6 2017-05-04 22:09:25

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

To be fair, most of the forum games made in the last few months are either duplicates or jokes.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2017-05-04 23:09:36

Different55
Forum Admin

Raphe9000 wrote:

ban half the users or ban posting in forum games

I chose to ban posting in forum games but sure let's see how banning half the users goes.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-05-05 00:22:37

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

There are 44 pages of forum games. I'm sure if you think of a game to post it's probably already been made. If not, make a group PM or something or just enjoy the games that are already there

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#9 2017-05-05 01:04:12, last edited by N1KF (2017-05-05 01:09:37)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Different55 wrote:

ban half the users or ban posting in forum games

I chose to ban posting in forum games but sure let's see how banning half the users goes.

Seriously? When people post joke topics in Off-Topic, moderators take time to filter them out, but when the same thing happens to Forum Games, you take the most extreme solution (that doesn't involve banning anybody) and stop all topics from being created. In just a single minute of brainstorming, I came up with two ideas that are a lot better:

1. Make an official topic where people post forum game ideas and people see if they're good.

2. Have stricter regulations for new forum games.

Different, it feels lazy and unprofessional to me that your first instinct is to make a casual post about it when locking one of the topics. I thought you were just joking because of how nonchalantly you said it. It just goes to show how silly this all of is. I like how you aren't uptight, but I think you took it a bit too far this time. You can't just do something so big and shrug it off.

If your moderation is too weak to handle a few Forum Games, go find some new moderators. I'm sure there's at least one user willing to help out.

BuzzerBee wrote:

There are 44 pages of forum games. I'm sure if you think of a game to post it's probably already been made.

Okay. That's a good reason, and I'd be fine with that reason, but it's not the reason Different55 gave.

If not, make a group PM or something or just enjoy the games that are already there

Are Forum Games really so insignificant and unimportant to you all? If the forum moderators took this attitude a long time ago, we would have missed out on some great games like Mafia and Colosseum.

If you two think Forum Game are so spammy, why allow them at all? People will still be posting nonsense unless you choose to do something about it. Why not go all out and archive it all? I'd be more fine with that than this clumsy decision. If you have a problem with the way people are playing Forum Games, just say so and talk it out. We may spam, but that's only part-time.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#10 2017-05-05 01:08:46

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

Have stricter regulations for new forum games.

"No counting games" is literally in the sticky regarding new forum games. It doesn't get any stricter (against counting games) than that.

N1KF wrote:

I thought you were just joking because of how nonchalantly you said it.

In that case you should also know that this post was also being serious

Different55 wrote:

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 2017-05-05 01:16:44, last edited by N1KF (2017-05-05 05:28:08)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Have stricter regulations for new forum games.

"No counting games" is literally in the sticky regarding new forum games. It doesn't get any stricter (against counting games) than that.

Er...perhaps that wasn't the best wording. "More" would be a better word than "stricter" here.

One of my two suggestions in my above post doesn't require any banning to enforce.

edit: A new forum game was posted! Either Different left the Dark Side, or this user was given a special permission.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#12 2017-05-05 08:26:24, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-05 08:29:52)

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:

edit: A new forum game was posted! Either Different left the Dark Side, or this user was given a special permission.

Different55 wrote:

In that case you should also know that this post was also being serious

Different55 wrote:

(Different has removed the no topics thing and instead will give warnings and bans next time)

Also, regarding the too extreme thing, it's not like that was the first joke forum game, if you look down the list, at least half of the forum games created in the past month have been jokes, and I'm guessing that there have already been quite a few warnings and it wasn't working

Also, maybe you (mods) should delete / move to the graveyard closed joke forum games that have basically no posts and just make it harder to find the actually good forum games, as they really have no good reason to stay in forum games

Wooted by:

#13 2017-05-05 16:19:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Different55 wrote:

Pretty sure he means that forum games are now open but any spam games that are posted, whoever posted them will be instantly banned / warned. (Also assuming the same applies for anyone who comments on them?)

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#14 2017-05-08 15:26:45

Onjit
Website

the meta forum game is to try to push the boundaries as far as possible without triggering diff

more 100% genuine high quality forum games incoming

:.|:;

Wooted by:
Onjit1494253605658900

Board footer