Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-02 10:19:27, last edited by Doodle (2017-05-02 10:26:47)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Glitchy Mini-map

*Exclusive world content WIP!* well, the complete version will look extremely different anyways.

I think few people have recognized this.
This glitch has exist for years. Its a horrible little mini-map glitch of inaccuracy.
It looks like it increases two blocks (pixels) on the mini map as a glitch, one towards the left and one down side, of a object making it appear stretched on the mini map. And its not something that appears and disappears but a permanent glitch.

Observe,

I was trying to make these looks like a stand holding a diamond. See how both figures are equivalent in shape and size, however on the mini map, it appears slightly different.
ItSo1uv.png

Here's a closer look in full screen.
9sk3nRC.png
Muz8oHf.png

I tested this by extending the sides to see if one side of these four would be any longer than the other. On your screen, zoom in (+%) on the mini map and see the results.
CFLNu7X.png

What i said in the comments is not a valid reason for not being my computer because that person too may have windows 7, but try this out yourself and see.

I hope this mini map glitch gets fixed soon or on the new EE program.

#2 2017-05-02 10:29:08, last edited by Gosha (2017-05-02 10:29:17)

Gosha

Re: Glitchy Mini-map

turn off fullscreen lol

Wooted by: (5)

#3 2017-05-02 13:51:23

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

That's a scaling issue. You can see the same problem on your username and on individual blocks. If you can't fix it by fiddling with your browser zoom, download the client and run it standalone so that the graphics aren't rescaled.

I have the same issue on my laptop, but not on my PC. You get used to it, except when it cuts the text off the bottom of chat bubbles and signs.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2017-05-02 13:51:33

Koya
Fabulous Member

Full-screen displays stretched content with the "nearest neighbour" rule, as your monitor isn't the same aspect ratio - the game is stretched unevenly.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-05-03 04:55:04, last edited by Doodle (2017-05-03 07:20:46)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Gosha wrote:

turn off fullscreen lol

I like to use full screen when i do detailed art.

Tomahawk wrote:

That's a scaling issue. You can see the same problem on your username and on individual blocks. If you can't fix it by fiddling with your browser zoom, download the client and run it standalone so that the graphics aren't rescaled.

I have the same issue on my laptop, but not on my PC. You get used to it, except when it cuts the text off the bottom of chat bubbles and signs.

What do you mean by run it Standalone? And i can't open full-screen on the client nor on EE Perfect-loader anyways. Well i don't use chat bubbles and my signs always appear in full but when in full screen, it sometimes could show "...".

Koya wrote:

Full-screen displays stretched content with the "nearest neighbour" rule, as your monitor isn't the same aspect ratio - the game is stretched unevenly.

Oh i see. Thanks

[Edit]
So the problem isn't a scaling issue with EE but with my monitor not applying the "nearest neighbor rule". If that's ultimately the case, many people have this issue. So do we need a more up to date monitor?

#6 2017-05-03 08:07:26, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-03 15:38:12)

LukeM
Website

The issue is that the nearest neighbor rule isn't very good for small changes in size, here is an example (each number represents a pixel, and when it is scaled, each new pixel is set to the nearest old pixel):

1  2  3  4  5  6
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6

As you can see, quite a few pixels are repeated, which creates thicker lines in areas, and makes some blocks look bigger

This is sort of a bug with EE, but also sort of not... It's EE that decides to use it (I think), but having blurring wouldn't be much better, so there is nothing you can really do

Edit: made it coloured because im on my computer now, and can do it easily

Wooted by:

#7 2017-05-03 13:56:58

Koya
Fabulous Member

Doodle wrote:

So the problem isn't a scaling issue with EE but with my monitor not applying the "nearest neighbor rule". If that's ultimately the case, many people have this issue. So do we need a more up to date monitor?

Flash uses the nearest neighbour rule because it's pretty bad, it's not a monitor fault and you can't do anything about it other than using a magnifier on another screen.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#8 2017-05-03 17:17:52

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Koya wrote:
Doodle wrote:

Flash uses the nearest neighbour rule because it's pretty bad, it's not a monitor fault and you can't do anything about it other than using a magnifier on another screen.

inb4 ee merchandising selling custom 1700x1000 monitors for playing EE fullscreen

Krosis.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2017-05-04 06:40:57

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

destroyer123 wrote:

The issue is that the nearest neighbor rule isn't very good for small changes in size, here is an example (each number represents a pixel, and when it is scaled, each new pixel is set to the nearest old pixel):

1  2  3  4  5  6
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6

As you can see, quite a few pixels are repeated, which creates thicker lines in areas, and makes some blocks look bigger

This is sort of a bug with EE, but also sort of not... It's EE that decides to use it (I think), but having blurring wouldn't be much better, so there is nothing you can really do

Edit: made it coloured because im on my computer now, and can do it easily

I see. So this is a duplication issue.

Koya wrote:
Doodle wrote:

Alright, so its inevitable //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral. My last question, do you know if Steam in the new EE program capable of fixing this little bug as a replacement of Flash?

#10 2017-05-04 07:59:59

LukeM
Website

^ probably not, as the options are either to scale the game with something that blurs pixels, which would probably be worse, or to only scale by a multiple of the game window (a lot of the time it may not scale at all)

Neither of these options would be very good, so I'm guessing that they will leave it as it is

#11 2017-05-04 11:45:04

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

They don't need to scale anything.

They just have to implement this.

#12 2017-05-04 12:16:38

LukeM
Website

HG wrote:

I guess that that could work, but some people might only use full screen to make things bigger, so they can see it better (possibly from further away)

#13 2017-05-04 21:21:27

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

HG wrote:

The idea of widening the screen and vision blocker is cool as an option, but i'm just concerned about the mini map pixel glitch. I use it to see the mini-map closer for seeing my creations details.

#14 2017-05-05 21:17:04

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Thanks for your guys responses. I think we covered everything. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Doodle1494015424658633

Board footer