Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-02 06:16:47

johnlorvi

Is trolling fun?

Trolling is a part of human activities, some for fun, some to make fun of. Trolling should be made illegal because it is mean and hurtful to good people who are trying to be nice. It makes people hard work wasted and it makes their thoughts and ideas look like garbage and nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that. Trollers should be banned because all they do is try and make themselves feel better by putting others down. Other than we just had no humor or it's not that bad, now what do you think is the positive thing about trolling?  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#2 2017-05-02 07:37:30, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-02 07:38:40)

LukeM
Website

Re: Is trolling fun?

I agree with you about disliking EE trolling (and destroying people's things in other games) as nobody usually finds it funny apart from the troller, but some trolling can be good, the troller just needs to know when to stop. e.g. just annoying your friends as a joke could be fine, as long as it's something that they don't find too annoying, and will probably find funny later, for example killing them once or twice in a game

#3 2017-05-02 08:29:20

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Yeah, trolling is fun. Such a good time to be had!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#4 2017-05-02 14:00:13

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Is this really a debate?

Trolling is fun (presumably) for the troller, and not fun for whoever's content is getting ruined or spoiled.

Or, alternatively, trolling is fun when it's fun.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#5 2017-05-02 14:10:43

Gosha

Trolling is not fun.

Get angry kid screaming at you - yes

#6 2017-05-02 14:41:16

XxAtillaxX

It should be illegal and carry a death sentence.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2017-05-02 19:01:47

Raphe9000

Depends:

Revenge Trolling is fun.

Transformaton trolling is the most fun.

Sneak trolling is fun.

Trolling kids is hilarious.

Trolling good art is not fun.

Trolling friends is fun.

Trolling people who are nice to you is not fun.

Coin trolling is not fun.

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2017-05-02 19:06:09, last edited by Myst (2017-05-02 19:14:32)

Myst

this happen if someone troll
trolling is just fun if you watch it on youtube.
Trolling in the real life is 0,0000% fun

CONTENT WARNING: idk about bad words in this video

#9 2017-05-02 19:28:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

trolling is fun
i dont get mad though when something i made gets trolled

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#10 2017-05-03 03:13:45

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

johnlorvi wrote:

Trolling is a part of human activities, some for fun, some to make fun of. Trolling should be made illegal because it is mean and hurtful to good people who are trying to be nice. It makes people hard work wasted and it makes their thoughts and ideas look like garbage and nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that. Trollers should be banned because all they do is try and make themselves feel better by putting others down. Other than we just had no humor or it's not that bad, now what do you think is the positive thing about trolling?  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

destroyer123 wrote:

I agree with you about disliking EE trolling (and destroying people's things in other games) as nobody usually finds it funny apart from the troller, but some trolling can be good, the troller just needs to know when to stop. e.g. just annoying your friends as a joke could be fine, as long as it's something that they don't find too annoying, and will probably find funny later, for example killing them once or twice in a game

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Yeah, trolling is fun. Such a good time to be had!

Tomahawk wrote:

Is this really a debate?

Trolling is fun (presumably) for the troller, and not fun for whoever's content is getting ruined or spoiled.

Or, alternatively, trolling is fun when it's fun.

Raphe9000 wrote:

Depends:

Revenge Trolling is fun.

Transformaton trolling is the most fun.

Sneak trolling is fun.

Trolling kids is hilarious.

Trolling good art is not fun.

Trolling friends is fun.

Trolling people who are nice to you is not fun.

Coin trolling is not fun.

maxi123 wrote:

trolling is fun
i dont get mad though when something i made gets trolled

Good, trolling is a part of everybody edits and is what fills the other part of it besides building, chatting, and playing. Trolling is indeed the forth element. Lol why does a player not get banned for excessive trolling! BecAuse it is apart of the game, so all of you that say it is not fun then playing or chatting or building wouldn't be fun... Just EE logic peeps

Wooted by:

#11 2017-05-04 23:53:39

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

ed8.jpg

Everybody Edits is Fred

#12 2017-05-07 16:08:37

HeyNK

^ Image too large.

Trolling is fun. Getting trolled never happens.

#13 2017-05-17 20:41:55

Raven
Formerly Diana2003

Trolling is fun, but not ee trolling.

#14 2017-05-17 21:11:38

Abelysk

Everyone has their inner psychopath. Trolling is fun to me as long as it doesn't go too far. Once it goes too far it isn't fun anymore, for anyone. Light-hearted trolling or unique trolling that catches people off guard without harming them is the best type.

#15 2017-05-20 19:18:17

DeadLink404

Trolling is fun but griefing not as much.
With trolling it is for fun by definition, though sometimes fun is not achieved.

Griefing while it can be fun, if it has clear objective or comedic effect etc.
the void (on r/place) was fun for example not because it was destructive but because it was creating at the same time.
but generally griefing isn't fun, for bystanders and the victim at least.

#16 2017-05-26 07:44:05, last edited by N1KF (2017-05-26 07:45:12)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Abelysk wrote:

Everyone has their inner psychopath. Trolling is fun to me as long as it doesn't go too far. Once it goes too far it isn't fun anymore, for anyone.

While I somewhat agree with the rest of your post, that one statement at the begging confuses me. What's an inner psychopath? The rest that quote leads me to believe that the action of an inner psychopath can go too far and harm others.

If that's the case, why should we respect and listen to our inner psychopaths rather than avoid them? I find that when I tempt and tease myself with something I know can possibly harm me, but it is otherwise pleasing, I end up going too far and doing worse than before I started. If this same inner psychopath can cause us to harmfully troll, why let it harmlessly troll at all in the first place?

Playing fire is only harmless until you burn somebody. In the same way, trolling is only harmless until you genuinely upset somebody.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#17 2017-05-26 14:09:34

hummerz5

I always thought it was the other way around. Don't we have "conscience" voices that are our "inner voices"? Wouldn't that mean that the "inner voice" is the source of goodness whereas the rest of us is the psychopath?

#18 2017-05-26 16:48:21

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

I always thought it was the other way around. Don't we have "conscience" voices that are our "inner voices"? Wouldn't that mean that the "inner voice" is the source of goodness whereas the rest of us is the psychopath?

Since this is starting to get kind of get into the philosophical zone let me express the beliefs of my religion:

According to Christianity, the two voices one hears are Satan (the pleasure-seeking and impatient voice providing the easiest and most addictive choices), and the Holy Spirit (the pure voice willing to sacrifice time and comfort in order to Love God and others). I feel as if this idea is consistent with the choices in my own life. Do I want to go with the easiest route, or the harder, but truly greater path that would improve me as a person? (For a few important things in my life I still keep choosing the former //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad)

That said, I don't think trolling is inherently evil, but I think it often comes from a place of trying to make others feel bad for that brief moment of fun and adrenaline. The main point I was trying to make here is that we should be on guard for the "inner psycopath" that Abelysk described if I'm understanding things correctly.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#19 2017-05-26 16:53:51

XxAtillaxX

Give it enough time and any debate topic will spiral into spiritual and/or psychological nonsense.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#20 2017-05-26 16:54:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Give it enough time and any debate topic will spiral into spiritual and/or psychological nonsense.

Yup! I'm glad to help!

Everybody Edits is Fred

#21 2017-05-29 17:07:38

HeyNK

If the only voices one hears are the Holy Spirit and the demonic, that means we have no consciousness = we have no souls. Try again.

#22 2017-05-29 18:14:33

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

If the only voices one hears are the Holy Spirit and the demonic, that means we have no consciousness = we have no souls. Try again.

It's hard to try again when the source for my beliefs are thousands of years old!

That said, humans have the free will to choose either to

1. obey and worship God

2. distract themselves from the goal of worshiping God

How is that not consciousness? Do we need more than just two voices? If so, then perhaps splitting them up would help. Maybe split the second part into Satan, "the flesh" (your body's own temptations), "the world" (society), and false theological teachings. If not, what makes a human conscious that I'm missing?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#23 2017-05-29 20:58:18

HeyNK

You're not familiar with the concept of mind / body / soul, are you, N1KF? Study up on the beliefs of 2 thousand years before you misrep them so blatantly.

The soul has a voice. This voice stays in the mind. The mind is the control center of the body (see: brain). The body has passions, which, due to our fallen nature, are able to override the logic of the soul/mind. Satan encourages this through temptation, but cannot force us into anything. The Holy Spirit does the opposite, yet also cannot force us into anything. The key point that you are missing here is that the soul has a voice... it is a voice. External voices are external. You have a consciousness. We all exist.

Wooted by:

#24 2017-05-29 21:32:03

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

You're not familiar with the concept of mind / body / soul, are you, N1KF? Study up on the beliefs of 2 thousand years before you misrep them so blatantly.

The soul has a voice. This voice stays in the mind. The mind is the control center of the body (see: brain). The body has passions, which, due to our fallen nature, are able to override the logic of the soul/mind. Satan encourages this through temptation, but cannot force us into anything. The Holy Spirit does the opposite, yet also cannot force us into anything. The key point that you are missing here is that the soul has a voice... it is a voice. External voices are external. You have a consciousness. We all exist.

It looks like I oversimplified some things. I'll make sure to look into Augustine's ideas, since that seems to be what you're basing your post off of.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#25 2017-05-29 21:52:29

HeyNK

OK good talk //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:
hummerz51496097707661773

Board footer