Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-27 03:14:54, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-04-27 03:41:21)

Minisaurus
Banned

A third type of consumables to buy stuff in the shop

Gems is the only thing you need to have almost everything in the game, it would be okay if there where no way to ¨cheat¨, but there are a lot of ways to ¨cheat¨and get infinite gems:

For example making thousand of alt accounts, wait 28 days and you have like 5000+ (to infinite) gems for free.
And like that there are other ways to get a lot of gems without spending real money, and that is a ¨problem¨ for the game in my opinion.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I suggest to moderators to make a third type of consumable to buy stuff, lets call this consumable: Abc (In this topic, only to refer to the consumable that I am suggesting, contextually in this topic).

The next items would only be able to be bought using gems:
Beta - Gold membership - name - classic - diamond - big spender. (Every item that is actually only accesible spending gems).

The difference of Abc and gems/energy is that Abc is accumulative like gems but not regenerative by time, that mean it could replace gems in the daily reward, and also be included as a reward for beating some campaigns.
(It could be obtainable getting magic coins as well).
________________________________________________________________________________

Abc:

- It would work to buy only the items that are able to be bought spending energy.
- There could be exclusive items to buy spending Abc.

Abc would work to stop the gems being such easy to get and make a consumable able to be used like gems/energy but with the limits of energy + some characteristics of the gems.

If you want, you can suggest ideas to improve the suggestion of the topic.

#2 2017-04-27 04:06:58

XVK

Re: A third type of consumables to buy stuff in the shop

Yes, that is an issue. This seems like a great way to solve it... Nice job.

my epic signature: pm me if you need help on EE

#3 2017-04-27 04:27:58

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

i think beta, classic, and namechange should be purchasable with abc.

suddenly random sig change

#4 2017-04-27 08:43:15, last edited by LukeM (2017-04-27 08:43:53)

LukeM
Website

About the infinite gems thing:
Don't you have to ask the staff to transfer gems?
If so, I think they would notice if 1000 people suddenly asked to transfer gems to one account

#5 2017-04-27 10:40:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Minisaurus wrote:

For example making thousand of alt accounts, wait 28 days and you have like 5000+ (to infinite) gems for free.

who would even bother with that
if someone is so desperate for getting free gems in this little flash game that they are ready to make 1000 accounts, login daily on each one of the thousand, 28 days straight, and then bother with gem transfers (as destroyer123 pointed out) then they're just pathetic and stupid.
not to mention that a third type of currency would be redundant and confusing for new players (ahaha did i just say "new players")

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#6 2017-04-27 13:07:57

Gosha

maxi123 wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

who would even bother with that
if someone is so desperate for getting free gems in this little flash game that they are ready to make 1000 accounts, login daily on each one of the thousand, 28 days straight, and then bother with gem transfers (as destroyer123 pointed out) then they're just pathetic and stupid.
not to mention that a third type of currency would be redundant and confusing for new players (ahaha did i just say "new players")

Bots exist you know? They can do all that automaticly.

Fun fact: Gem codes were removed from the shop because one person (let's not point who) found issues in it's system and could get as much gems as he needed

Wooted by:

#7 2017-04-27 14:20:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Gosha wrote:

Bots exist you know? They can do all that automaticly.

oh right a bot can take control of an admin account and transfer all the gems too
thanks for reminding me
/s

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#8 2017-04-27 14:56:27

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Don't the staff notice if someone makes loads of alts? It's against the rules isn't it?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#9 2017-04-27 17:08:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

Don't the staff notice if someone makes loads of alts? It's against the rules isn't it?

Actually I'm pretty sure the rules are too incomplete and unfinished to address that. So no, it isn't against the rules.

#10 2017-04-27 17:43:03, last edited by Kira (2017-04-27 17:43:20)

Kira

The shop is already an issue itself. This isn't improving it at all.

How would the game make profit if you buy gems-only features with abc? Pointless.

#11 2017-04-27 20:09:13

Minisaurus
Banned

Kira wrote:

How would the game make profit if you buy gems-only features with abc?

Nono, Gems-only features would be as well Gems-only features, its about to make a consumable that is only able to buy stuff that you can buy with energy (or gems) + some exclusive abc items as well.

Gems would be replaced by abc in the daily reward and, because that, gems would become more likely to be bought by players, as well fixing the issue of the not need of buying gems because gems are such easy/free to get in huge amounts without spending any real money, even effort.

Another fix would be removing gems from the daily reward.
Abc would be just to fill that empty space of the daily reward.

#12 2017-04-27 21:34:17

skullz17

I think we can solve the same problem by just reducing the amount of gems received from daily rewards. If you can get one classic item in 6 months, that is rewarding enough for the daily reward to be meaningful, while not making it too easy to get items without spending money.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#13 2017-04-27 22:18:59

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Having two currencies - one standard and one premium - is conventional for a game with purchasable items. Adding a third just overcomplicates things.

Your issue is simply that the premium currency isn't "premium" enough, and that can be solved in much simpler ways.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#14 2017-04-27 22:43:04

Minisaurus
Banned

Tomahawk wrote:

premium currency isn't "premium" enough

That is the problem.

Tomahawk wrote:

That can be solved in much simpler ways.

Maybe, I´m suggesting in this topic one way to fix that issue.
I just hope that the issue get a fix eventually.

#15 2017-04-28 16:19:47

Koya
Fabulous Member

2 currencies is complex enough.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#16 2017-04-28 18:04:13

Minisaurus
Banned

Then there could be other way to solve the ¨issue¨, actually there is no reason to buy gems more than to support the game, because you can get almost everything for free.
(There is no such a problem, is just that the gem stuff are easy to get for free without spending any real money).

#17 2017-04-28 18:10:59

LukeM
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

Then there could be other way to solve the ¨issue¨, actually there is no reason to buy gems more than to support the game, because you can get almost everything for free.
(There is no such a problem, is just that the gem stuff are easy to get for free without spending any real money).

The way most games work is that they make it possible to get basically everything for free but make it faster to buy it.
That way the game isnt completely pay to win, and in game purchases are completely optional, but still advantageous (gg spelt it right first time) for the people who do support the game with real life money.
If you do have lots of things that can only be bought with real life money, then you start getting people complaining about it being pay to win, or only about the money, which can make it backfire and instead cause less people to play / buy things.

#18 2017-04-29 07:29:31, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-04-29 07:32:47)

XxAtillaxX

It's surprising nobody has addressed the obvious inherent flaw in that exploit attempt.
In nearly every instance within Player.IO, transactions are logged; at any given time, it's calculable how many gems you received from rewards, and of those how many you purchased.

It's definitely less complicated to have a second form of gems than validating their purchased gem amount.
It's unfortunate the previous administration either didn't think it through, or were simply too lazy to implement a trivial difference.

signature.png
*u stinky*

XxAtillaxX1493447371657254

Board footer