Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-08 18:27:41

Bobithan

How's real life going?

Tell us all about yourself and your problems.

aka towwl

#2 2017-04-08 18:37:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: How's real life going?

Anxiety, low self-esteem, loneliness, isolation, stubbornness, and procrastination. It's been the same things for the last several years of my life.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-04-08 19:00:04, last edited by Abelysk (2017-04-08 23:56:59)

Abelysk

Nothing's working out for me. Hard to find a relationship, college is annoying and my art history teacher really needs to change how she handles some things (my favorite class but the teacher just makes it a pain). Currently under depression and am wondering if living the rest of my life is worth it.

Honestly I need help. Social media is the only place where I can go crazy / myself (except Facebook or personal media). Particularly talking about EE forums and other forums / Reddit / stuff I visit routinely.

The thing is this routine has gotten stale and I feel like I'm running out of fun and excitement. My life just feels bleak and drab, and I don't really know a way to light it up. Ugh... depression is terrible.

Depression has roots that stem from earlier parts of life. For example I was severly bullied in middle school. It was so bad that, every time I walked to high school and passed my middle school, I'd start getting tears in my eyes. One time my 8th grade P.E. teacher approached me (he wasn't my favorite teacher...) and greeted me. I greeted him back but still he gave me PTSD.

Fast forward in college and I've seen a lot of people from my middle school. Nobody seems to be threatening me anymore but whenever I see them I feel intense anxiety.

Video games, TV shows and anime are the only way for me to go into another place and have fun. Problem is all of these "18 y/o life things" are killing me, and my youthful personality DOESNT help with coping with all of these tugging life struggles...

Tl;dr: I need help and my life is in shambles.

Wooted by:

#4 2017-04-08 20:56:26

hummerz5

Bobithan wrote:

fine, and yourself?

N1KF wrote:

Anxiety, low self-esteem, loneliness, isolation, stubbornness, and procrastination. It's been the same things for the last several years of my life.

me too thanks
I've gotten pretty good at being surrounded by thousands of people and not doing anything... but I mean such is the life in an individualistic culture yes? pretty sure that answer is actually no, that individual/community culture doesn't actually make one antisocial but idk

Wooted by:

#5 2017-04-08 21:02:53, last edited by Hostage (2017-04-08 21:11:48)

Hostage
Banned
Website

Feeling quite bad and disappointed in my country right now. Corrupt president elected. Protests going on. Media is lying about them.
Police and army has joined the protests.
Participated in a few, they're peaceful protests but the media says they're aggressive and that we're "junkies and drunk/high students"

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#6 2017-04-08 21:06:09

Koya
Fabulous Member

I'm feeling the best I have in months, which isn't exactly saying much but I have some things to aim for in the short term and a long term project which is getting me out of bed.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#7 2017-04-08 21:07:40

Raphe9000

I've been playing EE actively.
Is my life really going that well?

#8 2017-04-08 22:17:11

Mieaz

Due to experience as a really young now I have social anxiety..... and I like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#9 2017-04-08 23:25:11

Emma333

My social life is going bad, my school life is going great, and my family life is getting better I think.
I have no idea how I'm really feeling because I force myself to be happy all the time. Yesterday I cried for the first time in months and just feeling an emotion felt really great so I guess my happyness is not a real emotion? I'm crying again right now and it makes me feel very comfortable.

Pm me with anything math related please

#10 2017-04-08 23:28:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kefka wrote:

Honestly I need help. Social media is the only place where I can go crazy / myself (except Facebook or personal media). Particularly talking about EE forums and other forums / Reddit / stuff I visit routinely.

While I can't relate to your depression or traumatizing experiences, I can relate to this. I've closed myself off to the point where my external shell has lost pretty much all of its personality and emotion. I really don't know what I'll do about this besides wait and hope my therapy somehow works.

hummerz5 wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

fine, and yourself?

Normally I don't correct peoples' grammar on the Internet but I'm making an exception because I hear that phrase a lot and it bugs me.

Myself and yourself are only used when I and you respectively are the subject of the sentence. For example, "I want myself to be rich" or "[You] Make yourself a sandwich". "Myself" or "yourself" are never the subject of a sentence.

Mieaz wrote:

Due to experience as a really young now I have social anxiety..... and I like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Why would you like social anxiety? I felt horrible earlier because some people had to keep walking right next to me, and I could do nothing about it because of the path I was on. That would just cause mild discomfort in most other people.

#11 2017-04-08 23:33:37, last edited by mrjawapa (2017-04-08 23:38:04)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Y'know, life is rough.

Fake a smile/laugh every day, but people can see through it.

It's not that bad, though. Things have been worse.

At least the bruises have healed.

EDIT:
Got a job today. That's pretty cool.

Got a text today asking if I wanted to work. I told them I don't know. They told me to be there in 10 minutes, they're busy.
Got 5 hours today, getting 10 hours tomorrow, and probably 10 hours every day for the rest of the week.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#12 2017-04-09 00:06:06

Evilbunny

I'm on the almost last day of a pretty good spring break. Visited a couple really nice colleges, did some cleaning around the house, went to an amusement park and just took the ACT today, I think it went well.

School has been good except for English class because of some stupid grades (grade dropped 11 points the day before the quarter ended). I'm meeting up with friends outside of school more often, which is fun. Just bought some new clothes because I needed more spring clothes and stuff in general. All in all I'm doing pretty good, I'm looking forward to the rest of the school year and summer.

I don't think I have any problems, I'm happy.

I wanna know how you're doing bobithan, we haven't talked in awhile. Jawapa, that's a lot of work, I hope you're getting paid well for that.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#13 2017-04-09 00:47:04

HeyNK

No problems, good day today. You guys sound incapable of surviving (the people who like posting about thier mental issues).

#14 2017-04-09 00:55:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

Jawapa, that's a lot of work, I hope you're getting paid well for that.

Me too. I didn't ask what I was getting paid per hour.

Whatever it is I'm getting paid under the table, so no taxes taken out.

Wooted by:

#15 2017-04-09 01:56:36

medeia
Banned

Quite depressed, feeling lost. Kind of like I have no purpose, or value. But I guess in the Middle East it's much worse, so why am I whining?

g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif

Wooted by:

#16 2017-04-09 02:01:27

hummerz5

N1KF wrote:

Normally I don't correct peoples' grammar on the Internet but I'm making an exception because I hear that phrase a lot and it bugs me.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questi … ow-are-you

If you don't accept their argument, then surely you preface every imperative statement with a vocalized (as opposed to understood) "you" to make sure it's grammatically correct by your definition?

MrJaWapa wrote:

Got 5 hours today, getting 10 hours tomorrow, and probably 10 hours every day for the rest of the week.

hey I might be getting hourly wage, too, except it's really an illusory salary so I mean whatever

N1KF wrote:

I felt horrible earlier because some people had to keep walking right next to me, and I could do nothing about it because of the path I was on

I guess I don't feel terrible, but that's always a bummer. Like "oh, maybe I should say something. but do we really know each other that well?"

I'm to the point where the cognitive discomfort is actually unconscious. So perhaps that's what anxiety is... at some point I had a huge list of reasons to consider, but then I just smashed them all together and just gave up, leading to this weird lack of comfort. Thoughts?

#17 2017-04-09 02:23:30

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

hummerz5 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

http://english.stackexchange.com/questi … ow-are-you

I haven't thought about it that way. While I think "How about you?" sounds a lot better, I guess I can't really argue against the alternative.

N1KF wrote:

I felt horrible earlier because some people had to keep walking right next to me, and I could do nothing about it because of the path I was on

I guess I don't feel terrible, but that's always a bummer. Like "oh, maybe I should say something. but do we really know each other that well?"

I'm not sure if you caught this but by "path" I meant a literal path I was standing on. I was uncomfortable because other people kept getting very close to me.

#18 2017-04-09 02:42:21

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

except it's really an illusory salary

My hourly pay is based on the amount of work I get done.

If I can get a lot of work done each day, my hourly pay will be higher. If I **** around and hardly get anything done, I'll get paid less per hour.

Depending on how bad I want my back broke, how many bills I can pay.

#19 2017-04-09 02:59:14

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Well I'm playing (like string quartet gig) in my ex- girlfriends wedding this summer  so I feel like that basically describes my life right now.

#20 2017-04-09 03:06:09

Koya
Fabulous Member

MrJaWapa wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

except it's really an illusory salary

My hourly pay is based on the amount of work I get done.

If I can get a lot of work done each day, my hourly pay will be higher. If I **** around and hardly get anything done, I'll get paid less per hour.

Depending on how bad I want my back broke, how many bills I can pay.

I used to have a job that paid me under the table (they said that I was registered and I wasn't hitting the minimum tax bracket) and they stole 2 months of wages from me and deleted my records showing my hours worked - it was some zero hour rubbish (never do a zero hour contract) so I had all of my hours in texts but they calculated it right and those 2 months is basically what I would have to spend on court to get the money.

Get your finances above the table so you aren't messed around.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#21 2017-04-09 03:13:51

Pingohits
Banned

it's better than a chicken on an oyster

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool oh yes grandma slice that ham //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

GOOD     _         LIFE     //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#22 2017-04-09 03:15:16

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Koya wrote:

Get your finances above the table so you aren't messed around.

My last job was also under the table. It took the owner forever to pay me. At one point they owed me about a month and a half of wages. Eventually, I told them I was done working until I paid, and after told them I wanted paid every Tuesday and Saturday (didn't work Wednesday). I now work for that guy's dad doing the exact same job.

#23 2017-04-09 03:32:28, last edited by dcomet (2017-04-09 03:32:39)

dcomet

My only problems are my slipping grades and the slow loss of friends.

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#24 2017-04-09 03:32:33

hummerz5

N1KF wrote:

I'm not sure if you caught this but by "path" I meant a literal path I was standing on. I was uncomfortable because other people kept getting very close to me.

oh. well perhaps we have two different 'sources' of discomfort. I can ignore people just about as well as they can ignore me... but when I want to acknowledge their passing, or them mine, I falter.

Perhaps we're talking of two different things altogether after all.

MrJaWapa wrote:

ah, so paid on throughput?

mine's more of... well, they have things they want me to do... so I guess I just have to do them at some point. we've got a dangerous "help each other out" situation, because the reddit sages say you shouldn't feel loyal to a company but idk these folks seem pretty chill. I mean yeah I'm going to take off at some point but I genuinely want to help out

DarkComet wrote:

My only problem is my slipping grades and the slow loss of friends.

teach me how you got friends in the first place?! :O

any particularly loathsome  subject?

#25 2017-04-09 08:49:59

Abelysk

medeia wrote:

Quite depressed, feeling lost. Kind of like I have no purpose, or value. But I guess in the Middle East it's much worse, so why am I whining?

Everyone's mind tends to balance out the situation. Yes there are poor people living in third-world countries but those people get accustomed to those styles of living. Their standards of living are vastly separate to ours.

So the point is, it's perfectly fine for people in our society to feel depressed, as depression in an environment where we set our standards so high up usually means it's something really bad.

When people call depressed individuals to "go to Africa and see what's like" etc, it makes me riled up because people in Africa are used to it since they were born compared to someone born in a way higher-standard environment.

Anatoly1491976194654406

Board footer