Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2017-04-03 17:44:28

Anatoly
Member
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 4,863
Website

Chat Systems

So as I returned from DDTank...

Megafons!

MpRyfO8.png

Megafons will be avaibel fro everyone. One Megafon costs ~5 gems to prevent spam. If you post with a megafon, your message will be delivered to all worlds. What I have forgotten to input to the picture are crew megafons and Friend megafons. I think you know what they will do, deliver your message to all friends/ crew members from all your crews in all worlds.

This would look like this:

Nv2d0zY.png

Everything listed

  • World Megafon: Delivers chat to all worlds (5 Gems for 1; 50 Gems for 15, 150 Gems for 50)

  • Crew Megafon: Delivers the message to all crew members of crews you are in. Like PMs you can also select to display for only one crew. (Free)

  • Friends Megafon: Delivers the message to all your online friends. Offline friends will get an alert when coming next time (Free)

  • World Chat: The expected *WORLD Message (10 Energy for 1, 100 Energy for 15, 500 Energy for 100)

  • Normal Chat(/PM): Currently


35UNe3I.png

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2017-04-03 17:48:33

Gosha
Dev Team
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,468

Re: Chat Systems

Gosha[megafon]: CAM JOIN MAI BOSS TO CODE LEVL!!

Offline

#3 2017-04-03 17:49:48

Anatoly
Member
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 4,863
Website

Re: Chat Systems

Gosha wrote:

Gosha[megafon]: Can you join my "Boss to Code" level

And I was told that my grammar is bad... )))))))))))))


35UNe3I.png

Offline

#4 2017-04-03 17:51:12

kubapolish
Banned
From: ̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 1,033
Website

Re: Chat Systems

AnatolyEE wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Gosha[megafon]: Can you join my "Boss to Code" level

And I was told that my grammar is bad... )))))))))))))

Hidden text

Offline

#5 2017-04-03 18:23:42

Anatoly
Member
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 4,863
Website

Re: Chat Systems

Gosha wrote:

Gosha[megafon]: CAM JOIN MAI BOSS TO CODE LEVL!!

It was made to be able to contact major messages, or like asking people where they are. Also mentioning in other worlds like this. But sadly in DDTank no PMs to other worlds, maybe allow in EE?


35UNe3I.png

Offline

#6 2017-04-03 18:58:56

Tomahawk
Member
From: BiH
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,666

Re: Chat Systems

Seems kind've a freemium feature, and it would absolutely be abused. Imaging broadcasting a link to a fake EE reskin that steals your acc.


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

Wooted by: (5)

#7 2017-04-03 19:01:01

Anatoly
Member
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 4,863
Website

Re: Chat Systems

Tomahawk wrote:

Seems kind've a freemium feature, and it would absolutely be abused. Imaging broadcasting a link to a fake EE reskin that steals your acc.

I know that it will be abused. But seriously? Moderators? I have forgotten, yes moderators isn't an argument.

Just replace ".com", and things like that with @!#%, like DDTank did to stop posting those links


35UNe3I.png

Offline

#8 2017-04-03 20:08:21

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,994

Re: Chat Systems

AnatolyEE wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Seems kind've a freemium feature, and it would absolutely be abused. Imaging broadcasting a link to a fake EE reskin that steals your acc.

I know that it will be abused. But seriously? Moderators? I have forgotten, yes moderators isn't an argument.

Perhaps there could be a minute-long period of time where only moderators can see the megafon.

Offline

#9 2017-04-03 21:02:23

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 6,823

Re: Chat Systems

AnatolyEE wrote:

One Megafon costs ~5 gems to prevent spam.

no that's ****
just give it a 1 minute or 30 seconds cooldown and have competent and/or active moderators to moderate the global chat
thats the way it was done in astro flux


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

#10 2017-04-04 16:33:16

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,274
Website

Re: Chat Systems

AnatolyEE wrote:
  • World Chat: The expected *WORLD Message (10 Energy for 1, 100 Energy for 15, 500 Energy for 100)

Are you suggesting that normal chat that we have now will cost energy? I'm unsure what you mean by this bullet point.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#11 2017-04-04 22:12:36

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
From: canada
Joined: 2015-08-15
Posts: 2,857
Website

Re: Chat Systems

Devlin wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
  • World Chat: The expected *WORLD Message (10 Energy for 1, 100 Energy for 15, 500 Energy for 100)

Are you suggesting that normal chat that we have now will cost energy? I'm unsure what you mean by this bullet point.

They're suggesting world owners can buy messages that say *WORLD: insert message here


suddenly random sig change

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2017-04-04 22:17:22

Latif
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 1,148

Re: Chat Systems

465e0083efc0b3931b4ef26cf390a38b_hell-no-meme-gif-26-no-meme-gif_240-196.gif

People will just abuse it

Offline

Wooted by:

#13 2017-04-04 22:28:06

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,994

Re: Chat Systems

Latif wrote:

What if there were ways to prevent that abuse?

Offline

#14 2017-04-05 01:47:43

Kirby
Campaign Team
Joined: 2015-04-04
Posts: 4,000

Re: Chat Systems

N1KF wrote:
Latif wrote:

What if there were ways to prevent that abuse?

Even if there were ways to do so, I can not think of a single use for this feature.

What could someone possibly write that'd be so important that it needs to be seen in the chat of every single world?

Offline

Wooted by:

#15 2017-04-05 01:53:51

Raphe9000
Member
From: Bob's Cave
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 998

Re: Chat Systems

Slabdrill wrote:
Devlin wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
  • World Chat: The expected *WORLD Message (10 Energy for 1, 100 Energy for 15, 500 Energy for 100)

Are you suggesting that normal chat that we have now will cost energy? I'm unsure what you mean by this bullet point.

They're suggesting world owners can buy messages that say *WORLD: insert message here

Why would the OWNER need that?

Offline

#16 2017-04-05 01:55:21

mrjawapa
Banned
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,576
Website

Re: Chat Systems

Tomahawk wrote:

Seems kind've a freemium feature, and it would absolutely be abused. Imaging broadcasting a link to a fake EE reskin that steals your acc.

or ****
or illegal material

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2017-04-05 02:31:08

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,994

Re: Chat Systems

Kirby wrote:

[...] I can not think of a single use for this feature.

What could someone possibly write that'd be so important that it needs to be seen in the chat of every single world?

It could just be a fun feature like special auras.

Offline

#18 2017-04-05 19:00:46

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,507

Re: Chat Systems

N1KF wrote:
Kirby wrote:

[...] I can not think of a single use for this feature.

What could someone possibly write that'd be so important that it needs to be seen in the chat of every single world?

It could just be a fun feature like special auras.

It's fun for the person using it and annoying for everyone else.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2017-04-05 19:05:31

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,994

Re: Chat Systems

skullz17 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Kirby wrote:

[...] I can not think of a single use for this feature.

What could someone possibly write that'd be so important that it needs to be seen in the chat of every single world?

It could just be a fun feature like special auras.

It's fun for the person using it and annoying for everyone else.

Exactly! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Offline

#20 2017-04-06 17:11:25

PiotrGrochowski
Member
From: Poland (born in 8 №v 2004)
Joined: 2016-04-27
Posts: 70

Re: Chat Systems

World chat would be useful.

*WORLD: I'm haslo. Anyone want to play a game?


I'm known as haslo in EE.

Offline

#21 2018-01-03 17:41:33

Gosha
Dev Team
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,468

Re: Chat Systems

Bad suggesting, will get abused with spam.
Implementing lobby chat would be better

Offline

#22 2018-01-03 17:45:06

mrjawapa
Banned
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,576
Website

Re: Chat Systems

Back in my day we had to use a bot, that joined every world, to broadcast messages.


If you want to share something, share it on the forums/discord.

Offline

#23 2018-01-05 07:38:39

Anatoly
Member
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 4,863
Website

Re: Chat Systems

mrjawapa wrote:

Back in my day we had to use a bot, that joined every world, to broadcast messages.


If you want to share something, share it on the forums/discord.

1. Discord toxic
2. Forums less toxic
3. Game is DA BEST OPTION


35UNe3I.png

Offline

#24 2018-01-05 15:15:43

John
Guest

Re: Chat Systems

AnatolyEE wrote:

3. Game is DA BEST OPTION

Not when the account is banned for mass spam. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Please nobody do this.

#25 2018-01-05 15:19:55

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake
From: Ponies and Harmony
Joined: 2016-06-19
Posts: 605

Re: Chat Systems

Anyone remembered when zerk bot was a thing?

yea


cb0de83627.png

Official%20Discord%20Server-Melody-blue.svg?style=flat-square Support%20Me!-Register%20on%20Dropbox-red.svg?style=flat-square
Avatars: Latif (Old)
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Offline

Wooted by:
Anatoly1515179262690595

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1545017791.4662 - Generated in 0.068 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.75 MiB (Peak: 2.04 MiB) ]