Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-24 18:09:09

Myst

[WIP]Mysterion's EE Website

it's wip, but, you can test it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Hidden text

https://mysterionee.wixsite.com/everybodyedits

#2 2017-03-24 18:19:20

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: [WIP]Mysterion's EE Website

You should go learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript instead of using such a bad website editor.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-03-24 18:28:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HG wrote:

You should go learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript instead of using such a bad website editor.

Why is the website editor bad? I imagine using it would be a lot easier than learning those programming languages!

#4 2017-03-24 18:46:20

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

Why is the website editor bad? I imagine using it would be a lot easier than learning those programming languages!

I agree that it would be good to at least know some HTML / CSS / JavaScript so that you can impliment some things that the editor cant, but as you say, it would be faster / easier to use an editor for the rest

#5 2017-03-24 20:01:21

Zumza

N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

Out of that list only one 1 of them is a programming language: JavaScript.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#6 2017-03-24 20:17:56

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zumza wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

I assume they would all still be pretty hard to learn.

#7 2017-03-24 21:23:09

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

No.

CONTENT WARNING

#8 2017-03-24 21:24:46

Myst

HG wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

No.

CONTENT WARNING

i tried to learn how to programming, but i really sucks at this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#9 2017-03-24 21:30:49

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HG wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:
N1KF wrote:

No.

CONTENT WARNING

...or perhaps it's just that going through the trouble of learning how to script a website from scratch isn't worth it when there are easier options.

#10 2017-03-24 23:18:44

XxAtillaxX

N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:
N1KF wrote:

No.

CONTENT WARNING

...or perhaps it's just that going through the trouble of learning how to script a website from scratch isn't worth it when there are easier options.

Why learn to play an instrument when you can have a program generate music for you?

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2017-03-25 00:37:04

hummerz5

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Why learn to play an instrument when you can have a program generate music for you?

depending on how aptly the program can generate the music.

It can generate sounds based on rules, it can generate nice chords and stuff... but it doesn't necessarily capture the essence that is a person composing music.

Which is unintentionally philosophical regarding what things our computers do better than us

But my main point was something else: your simple editor is a few steps away from eliminating the need for knowledge of javascripts. As far as I have found.

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2017-03-25 01:56:56

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

If you're going to be obnoxiously pedantic then javascript isn't a programming language, it's a scripting language.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#13 2017-03-25 02:05:18

XxAtillaxX

"A programming language is a formal computer language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer."

The languages above fit this criteria, so I see no reason why they should be denounced.
They can be categorized, obviously, however they do fully fit the definition of what is a programming language.

Typically, these arguments are a good indicator of whether someone is an amateur programmer or a professional.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#14 2017-03-25 14:50:26

Zumza

N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

Different55 wrote:
Zumza wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

If you're going to be obnoxiously pedantic then javascript isn't a programming language, it's a scripting language.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

"A programming language is a formal computer language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer."

The languages above fit this criteria, so I see no reason why they should be denounced.
They can be categorized, obviously, however they do fully fit the definition of what is a programming language.

Lets say that: HTML and CSS are markup languages, JavaScript a scripting language, and C#(randomly selected) a programming language thus making everyone happy.

Getting back to the topic, I'd like to say that I like the animation you've applied to the links and the fact that you also added the discord page.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Zumza1490449826652124

Board footer