Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2017-03-10 21:50:29

Doram

Quarter Blocks as Decorations

Every time I'm trying to do art, I really wish we had quarter blocks (blocks of a given color that only take up 1/4 of the normal tile size), and I had an idea. Why not just do them as decorations.

They could sit on the decoration layer (meaning that it would not be a problem for 3/4 of it to be transparent), and they would not be anything you could stand on, and best of all, you could layer them on top of the existing checker and solid backgrounds. I mean, we already have the checker blocks and half blocks, this would just make sense. PLUS, they are decorations, so you don't even need to figure out hit detection! And, as a final coup de gras, make them morphable so that you can choose what corner.

You could even make small groups and pair them along with their matching sets - Normal, Dark, Pastel, Neon, etc. That way, you could choose the palette you would work with, and I have NO problem spending gobs of energy on a bunch of sets, if I see the use for them.

I dug through the first 10 pages, and didn't see anything similar. Please tell me if this has already been suggested.

Runouw_Member_Sig.png

Doram1489179029650144

Board footer