Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-09 15:48:48

medeia
Banned

A cyber mob, Or raid. Why do they occur?

Now at this point I'm sure most active forum users may know who I am, Or what I've done to receive my bans. Well I'm hoping most of you know, Well anyway I'm here to explain why users may choose to raid or mob the forums. I typically get **** when unfair modding, Cute spam, And breakdowns occur, So In turn I may do something nasty In return. But now think of it from a bigger view point, If I feel the need to troll I will do it. If I want to play cute I will, But that's me being hypocrite right? Well yeah actually, But that's how I start spamming or raiding Is when I'm ****, Or I just want to have fun. Some may raid due to personnel Issues, Or even stress. The list goes on, But why do we do it? Destruction, Violence, Hate, Joy. We do It because It feels natural, It's in our blood that we do something out of context. We want to cause chaos, we enjoy the effects, So we raid. We watch It unfold, As the community tears Itself apart, As the buildings fall, and as the kinship comes to an end. Then, We feel better, Or worse. We continue, Or abandon. We, Are, Human.

Not you gregbot

g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif
g822aD5.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-02-09 15:51:56, last edited by Myst (2017-02-09 15:58:49)

Myst

Re: A cyber mob, Or raid. Why do they occur?

everyone who argeed this topic, then woot it please. ^
Cyber Mobbing is a big problem in the EE Forum or in the EE, the reason why Cyber Mobbing exists in the EE Forum is because this Community is full of corrupt users
like kubapolish how he spamming with spam bots in quitin's room, but he never got banned for it, or Insanity, he insulted everyone, but he never got banned because his corrupt friends
or a few mean posts in the discord like this one
3e76nuU.png
1c15aa17ddf04df4a6a765f41aa7277a.png
or this post
a9fbba8f7b8e4defad88aca3409bcec0.png
this is Cyber Mobbing, Cyber Mobbing is a Toxic for this Community, no, even for every Community, schools...
are we not all toxic members?

#3 2017-02-09 15:58:25

Nebula

gp68 wrote:

Cyber Mobbing is a big problem in the EE Forum or in the EE, the reason why Cyber Mobbing exists in the EE Forum is because this Community is full of corrupt users
like kubapolish how he spaming spam bots in quitin's room, but he never got banned for it or Insanity, he insulted everyone, but he never got banned because his corrupt friends
http://i.imgur.com/3e76nuU.png
http://image.prntscr.com/image/1c15aa17 … a7277a.png
or this post
http://image.prntscr.com/image/a9fbba8f … 9bcec0.png
this is Cyber Mobbing, Cyber Mobbing is a Toxic for this Community, no, even for every Community, schools...

Thanks for sharing my image... Fool!

Alright, I don't know would I agree with this or not.

#4 2017-02-09 16:02:41, last edited by Myst (2017-02-09 16:03:37)

Myst

Whirl wrote:
gp68 wrote:

like kubapolish how he spaming spam bots in quitin's room, but he never got banned for it or Insanity, he insulted everyone, but he never got banned because his corrupt friends
or this post

5fbc3ae3916e4f9f8f562b26505109e1.png

you need, because you are one of them, no, you just cry like a little baby.

#5 2017-02-09 16:08:14

Nebula

gp68 wrote:
Whirl wrote:
gp68 wrote:

or this post

http://image.prntscr.com/image/5fbc3ae3 … 5109e1.png

you need, because you are one of them, no, you just cry like a little baby.

oh so do I need to be in or not? I can't decide.

#6 2017-02-09 18:36:19, last edited by BobRove (2017-02-09 18:37:11)

BobRove

gp68 wrote:

like kubapolish how he spamming with spam bots in quitin's room, but he never got banned for it, or Insanity, he insulted everyone, but he never got banned because his corrupt friends
or a few mean posts in the discord...
...this is Cyber Mobbing, Cyber Mobbing is a Toxic for this Community, no, even for every Community, schools...

Just try not giving people reasons to make fun of you.
Don't hang out with salty players.
Use /mute and /kick commands more often.

Hidden text

#7 2017-02-09 18:49:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

BobRove wrote:

You take everything way too seriously.

Why? I get that having your jimmies rustled over what people say to you on the Internet is bad, but sometimes we need to stand up and stick up for what's right. This community is full of conformists who like to act negative and drag others down. We shouldn't encourage that in the community, but often I will see that exactly those types of posts are the ones that get wooted the most.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#8 2017-02-09 19:12:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I think most people fit into several different categories. We have:

• those who act like lazy cynics, not trying to get anything of any sort done, and showing off how lazy they are as if it makes them cool

• those who post witty one-liners, usually in a dry non-capitalized tone and get wooted a lot for some reason

• those who act like drunken young adults constantly, insulting each other as a joke, talking about really vulgar stuff, moving around different worlds as a group, using "lmao" and weird slang constantly, etc.

• those who act uptight and above-all-you

• those who have gotten used to the above and let the community stay the way it is (which most of the better-acting people fit into)

If you fit into one of these categories, there's still hope for you. Just distance yourself away form the community for a bit. The Internet is allowing and encouraging harmful attitudes, as people care less and less how they influence other people. Go do the thing I haven't done and make real life friends who genuinely care about you. Go outside. Meditate on all the goodness in the world, and let it show you a contrast to all the negativity reinforced by the Internet and the news. This is your only chance. If you don't do it now, will you ever? Do you want to die a conformist, or an inspiration?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#9 2017-02-09 20:07:38

Pingohits
Banned

n1kf you should add:

• those who attempt to be a forum samaritan, but instead appear as a dull, obsequious user who is really no help at all, but instead tops off the categorical pyramid with a nice marschino cherry

791mAP8.png

#10 2017-02-09 20:11:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Pingohits wrote:

n1kf you should add:

• those who attempt to be a forum samaritan, but instead appear as a dull, obsequious user who is really no help at all, but instead tops off the categorical pyramid with a nice marschino cherry

How am I of no help? I want to know how I can help this community if my first two posts were completely useless. If that's even possible.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#11 2017-02-09 21:27:41

Different55
Forum Admin

Pingohits wrote:

n1kf you should add:

maraschinos are disgusting dude

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#12 2017-02-09 21:39:25

Pingohits
Banned

Different55 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

n1kf you should add:

maraschinos are disgusting dude

furthers my point

791mAP8.png

#13 2017-02-09 21:58:48

skullz17

Pingohits wrote:

n1kf you should add:

Found the cynic.

N1KF is right about the whole "look at me im cynical and cynicism is cool" syndrome, and I absolutely agree that these negatives attitudes are destructive more often than they are constructive. Even if N1KF doesn't end up helping anyone, his attitude is honestly a breath of fresh air and I am very glad that he is the way he is.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#14 2017-02-09 22:29:46

Evilbunny

Well I mean I don't really understand what Medeia was trying to say here (something emo or something), but I really hate how people on here play the victim card all the time. Even if someone is messing with you, then idk maybe you should learn to suck it up and not expect other people to come to your rescue. Especially if nobody even cares.

N1KF wrote:

I think most people fit into several different categories. We have:

those who act like lazy cynics, not trying to get anything of any sort done, and showing off how lazy they are as if it makes them cool

those who post witty one-liners, usually in a dry non-capitalized tone and get wooted a lot for some reason

those who act like drunken young adults constantly, insulting each other as a joke, talking about really vulgar stuff, moving around different worlds as a group, using "lmao" and weird slang constantly, etc.

those who act uptight and above-all-you

those who have gotten used to the above and let the community stay the way it is (which most of the better-acting people fit into)

Why does it sound like you hate every kind of person on the list?

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#15 2017-02-09 22:44:14, last edited by N1KF (2017-02-09 22:51:07)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

Well I mean I don't really understand what Medeia was trying to say here (something emo or something) [...]

I think medeia's point is that people do things on their own impulses, or whatever they feel is "natural." Those impulses can lead to dangerous results. I agree with medeia there.

[...] I really hate how people on here play the victim card all the time. Even if someone is messing with you, then idk maybe you should learn to suck it up and not expect other people to come to your rescue. Especially if nobody even cares.

I would agree with that if it weren't for the last sentence. If nobody cares, it's a sign that something's wrong with the community. While I won't drag on single events, I will drag on things that affect the community overtime, such as bad moderation or exaggerated negativity.

Why does it sound like you hate every kind of person on the list?

Perhaps it's because I'm tired of this type of behavior in this community, and feel strongly that it has a negative impact on us. They need somebody to call it out as it is, and no matter how much I've tried, it hasn't caught on. Like I said before, people can change their ways if they want to. I didn't mean to sound hateful in the way I presented it. I'm friends with some of the people that could described by the list (but mainly the bottom entry).

Everybody Edits is Fred

#16 2017-02-10 05:16:21

Doomsdaytoy9000

who knew a small block game designed for kids could have so much drama

XR0wvu0.png

#17 2017-02-10 15:43:16

Onjit
Website

N1KF wrote:

This doesn't remind me of anyone I must say.

:.|:;

#18 2017-02-10 19:13:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Onjit wrote:
N1KF wrote:

This doesn't remind me of anyone I must say.

If that's sarcasm directed to me, I already considered that when writing my post.

Often in this community I'm guilty of bad behavior. And, if you consider my past in the IRC, completely horrible stuff that should have gotten me permanently banned from there by now. I am not above that behavior. I may often try to be, but when put to the test I don't think I am.

I may dislike all bad behavior, but that doesn't make me a hypocrite just because I do bad behavior myself. What would make me a hypocrite is if I excused myself from the bad behavior I criticize. I do realize I am guilty of the bad behaviors I criticize. However, publicly criticizing a community's behavior is not something I criticize.

We all set standards for our behavior. Some set it higher, while some set it lower. If you have low standards, I'm willing to publicly criticize the type of stuff you're doing (without naming you directly, unless it's actually important and the moderators are doing nothing about it). If you raise that bar of standards, and continue to try and improve, I think I'd be willing to forgive the things you've done and look past that.

The difference here is that I'm not above this community, I'm above this community's behavior because I actively try to set my bar higher than they try to set theirs. To raise our bars, we need to be critical of both our behaviors and others'. Whenever I try to help other people raise their own bars by criticizing what they do and say, I get called out for being preachy but I guess that's just the way this forum is. Negativity is cool; hopefulness is preachy. Conformism is cool; resistance is preachy.

A detailed private message (from anybody on this forum) about how I act uptight would be useful.

Everybody Edits is Fred

N1KF1486750408647392

Board footer