Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-26 15:41:00, last edited by JaCoB123456798 (2017-02-21 17:12:47)

JaCoB123456798

New blocks and effects

I build a lot of mechanical things and games that most people would use a bot for. I have though of some new blocks and effects I would love to see put into the game.
Items are listed in order of how useful they would be to me (1 is the most useful)
If something is underlined, it is the latest update to this post I have made.

Here is a link to my idea page for things other than blocks and effects http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 87#p646487

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCKS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Physics Block - This would be a block that has the physics of players except it does not move. It can still affect switches, keys, ex. and be affected by blocks, arrows, boosts, effects, ex. like a normal player.
<REASON/EXAMPLE>I make a lot of machines that use an afk player to work.
2. Curse doors and gates - These would be just like zombie doors and gates but for curses.
<REASON/EXAMPLE>I have been making levels lately where I need something like this.
3. SENSOR - These are like keys except they have an id like switches, stay on as long as a player is touching them (you can move through them like keys and switches), and they instantly turn off when a player stops touching it. They would also have doors and gates that go with them.
<REASON>Detecting where a player is in a level or area (I would put them all around in an area or in one spot to detect when a player enters).
4. Player Counter Doors and Gates - These would open and close based on however many players are in the world. If you have a door set to 3 players, it will open when there are at least 3 players.
<REASON/EXAMPLE>Making things like voting systems that will check for what the majority of players voted for.
5. Change-able Timer Doors - These would be like the normal timer doors (or replace the normal timer doors) and you could set how long they take to toggle, I would also really like to have them not trap the player if they close while the player is over the door like how if you are in an opened key door it doesn't close until you leave it, it would also be very nice to be able to set them to .5 seconds in addition to also being able to set them to full seconds 1-99 or however high you will set the maximum length.
<REASON>Making timing a lot easier.
8. Crew Doors and Gates - These would be just like the gold membership doors and gates except for your crew. If you are in multiple crews, you can choose which crew the will work with. EXAMPLE - crew 1 is Building for Life, crew 2 is Number 1 Team, set the doors and gates to work with Number 1 team but not with Building for Life (or the other way)
<REASON>Making special areas only accessible to people in your crew

7. Keys with IDs - These would be a cross between orange & purple switches and keys. They are turned on like keys but have ids like switches. There would also be two types, one that only affects you (like purple switches), and another that affects everyone (like orange switches). And of course there would be doors and gates for these!
<REASON>Making levels/machines that need more keys than are available currently.
EFFECTS
1. Gravity Changer - It would change the direction of gravity for the player like the arrows except you don't need to place the arrows.
<REASON>Would be useful for levels that have other decorations or blocks in the way which prevent arrows from being placed.
2. High Gravity - Sets the gravity speed to whatever you set so the player will fall faster, would also work with the Gravity Changer so that the gravity strength could be in any direction.
<REASON>Making machines faster when going down a long "tube" of gates and doors to check if they are open or closed.
I may update this list from time to time.

JaCoB1234567981485441660645010

Board footer