Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

35005CP

Looking for technical advice.

Hi,

Bare with me as this is a rather annoying issue i'm having since buying a new pc.

When i first ran EE on the new pc i discovered it was producing screen tearing from such high framerates, whilst the game isn't stuttering it presents the illusion that it is from the tearing.

Sadly as i'm on windows 7 64bit i cannot force vsync with my graphics card. The only cure i've found for the tearing is by changing to windows aero (the more graphical version of windows 7 which does have vsync). This gets rid of the tearing completely however every 30 seconds or so the game loses its smoothness and has a slight stutter, then it goes back to being smooth, this stutter was quite bad in a level with glass blocks. This problem occurs in all the browsers i've tried including chrome, IE & opera.

Now, i've been looking at other ways. Full screen mode doesn't have this odd stutter sensation, however running the game in full screen isn't always ideal. I also tried downloading the windows version but this doesn't seem to have access to the beta worlds yet it does seem to fix the issues of stuttering and tearing.

I have a feeling the stutter problem could be an issue with the flash player not being fully compatible with windows 7 64bit which until they release a full release of their new player, nothing will be cured.

Firstly i must ask, with the windows version, will we be seeing a version with beta world access in the future, with perhaps a url bar to access worlds people link too?

Are there any other options i can explore that may cure the issue on windows aero in windowed mode?

Cheers,

Last edited by 35005CP (Mar 19 2011 7:44:46 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Looking for technical advice.

well, a little stutter every 30 seconds on EE is better than a 24/7 stutter on everything. Count your blessings, I guess.

If you actually wanted something helpful, see if your graphics card is freaking out. Is it getting too hot? Try messing with graphics settings, even if they it doesn't seem the setting and the problem couldn't possibly be connected.
EDIT: Punctuation

Last edited by Different55 (Mar 19 2011 7:54:06 pm)

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I believe this is a problem with your graphics card - I also run Win7 64-bit with Windows Aero as the GUI and I've never experienced any problems of this nature.

#4 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Whoa, a new PC stuggering at EE? Try updating drivers, install updates, and try EE without virusscanner.

#5 Before February 2015

correiajoao

Rurigok wrote:

I believe this is a problem with your graphics card - I also run Win7 64-bit with Windows Aero as the GUI and I've never experienced any problems of this nature.

I agree with you!   This is a problem with your graphics card! So update it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#6 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

correiajoao wrote:
Rurigok wrote:

I agree with you!   This is a problem with your graphics card! So update it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I already said Update drivers. Bytheway, I'm running Win7 64-bit too. I have Ultimate.

#7 Before February 2015

35005CP

Thanks for the replies but are you sure its graphics card related?

This stutter only occurs when windows aero is applied, if it isn't there is no stutter but tearing occurs instead. Youtube for example has tearing without aero on, but when it is on it is smooth as anything.

And if it was my graphics card why is it fine on full screen mode and the windows version?

35005CP 142386292098512

Board footer