Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

DBear

Erm...what's going on?

Okay, now before you all laugh at me, I must say, I use IE for playing EE because on FF, it's laggy, slow, and choppy.

So anyways, ever since midday yesterday, every time I try to play EE, it doesn't load, and crashes IE. If anyone else uses IE, has this been happening to you

Please, call me Danni.
NNID: DanniDearest
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Erm...what's going on?

Get Opera is my only advice. I don't blame you for not using firefox, but that's no excuse to use IE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

robban39

Danni windows vista has a problem with adbbo flash player (i think) it was the same for me. so if you got another computer with example windows 7 try it. it works for me

#4 Before February 2015

DBear

Different55 wrote:

Get Opera is my only advice. I don't blame you for not using firefox, but that's no excuse to use IE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I know, I am ashamed to admit I use IE, and that is the ONLY reason why I use it, for playing EE
I might look into getting Opera though.

robban39 wrote:

Danni windows vista has a problem with adbbo flash player (i think) it was the same for me. so if you got another computer with example windows 7 try it. it works for me

I don't have vista though... I just have xp
And I don't have 7 or anything :/

Please, call me Danni.
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#5 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

robban39 wrote:

EXACTLY the same for me. I use Firefox to play EE, SRWare Iron for the others, and IE for pages who dont want to load.

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I have XP, too. I've tried all sorts of browsers and OSes. Like Opera, Safari, FF, Chrome, and Netscape on Mac and Opera, Netscape, IE, Chrome, and FF on Windows XP and Me. Nothing works better all-around than opera.

- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

ZombieDude81

I've never tried opera, but Safari works pretty good for me.

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

If you haven't tried it you should. Here's a shortened list of features:

Tab stacking - easily organize and display groups of tabs simultaneously.
Opera Sync - Sync all your bookmarks on your phone, home, work, school and any other device you run opera on.
Opera Turbo - When Opera sees your computer is running slowly it cuts back on details, not enough to really notice it but enough to speed it up.
Speed dial - Access your favorite pages easy.
Opera UNITE - Host your own website, without paying a cent. You can chat, share ideas, files, and more!
Widgets - mini-programs that bring you sports, games, news, and everything else.

Remember, this is a very short list.

- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

Chimi

Okay, I got Win7 and a new computer, and I use alot of different browsers. I tried with IE, and it happened to me. All you need to do is keep trying a few times. like maybe three or four. Worked for me.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Or get opera and have it work the first time.... *hint hint*

- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

Nou

It crashes for Chrome, FF, Opera and IE crash for me.

Cyph1e has looked into some debugging, there's a timeout bug when connecting to the shop that makes flash crash.
All we can do is hope Chris fixes it.

In other words: no need to switch browsers, just hope it doesn't crash and that Chris fixes it soon.

No u.

#12 Before February 2015

Chimi

or just hit refresh until your computer melts ie2u3.png

#13 Before February 2015

Nou

Chimi wrote:

or just hit refresh until your computer melts ie2u3.png

Good luck refreshing when your browser has crashed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

No u.

#14 Before February 2015

Chimi

anyone have the new IE? It stops and says 'windows explorer has stopped responding' or something, then it says 'searching for a solution'. You can cancel that, it usually doesn't get far, then it says something like 'Internet Explorer is restarting' and closes, then reopens the tabs. Therefore, refreshing the page //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#15 Before February 2015

capasha

Danni wrote:

Okay, now before you all laugh at me, I must say, I use IE for playing EE because on FF, it's laggy, slow, and choppy.

So anyways, ever since midday yesterday, every time I try to play EE, it doesn't load, and crashes IE. If anyone else uses IE, has this been happening to you

Already a thread about this, search before you add a new one.

Different55 wrote:

If you haven't tried it you should. Here's a shortened list of features:

Tab stacking - easily organize and display groups of tabs simultaneously.
Opera Sync - Sync all your bookmarks on your phone, home, work, school and any other device you run opera on.
Opera Turbo - When Opera sees your computer is running slowly it cuts back on details, not enough to really notice it but enough to speed it up.
Speed dial - Access your favorite pages easy.
Opera UNITE - Host your own website, without paying a cent. You can chat, share ideas, files, and more!
Widgets - mini-programs that bring you sports, games, news, and everything else.

Advertise for Opera?
No need to change browser. It's a problem with EE not the browsers.

robban39 wrote:

I have Windows 7 and i got this problem. So it's nothing to do with the OS.

Last edited by doh (Mar 18 2011 6:04:10 am)

#16 Before February 2015

EE on Firefox works normal for me, almost no lag problems.
And Diferent55 is advertising Opera again... lol

#17 Before February 2015

DBear

doh wrote:

Already a thread about this, search before you add a new one.

How am I supposed to know that other people are experiencing EE crashing on IE and only IE? I didn't see any other topics about it.

Please, call me Danni.
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#18 Before February 2015

35005CP

Different55 wrote:

Or get opera and have it work the first time.... *hint hint*

Your sounding like a sales person for opera...

I rate chrome far higher than any other browser. But NO browser fixes the issues i'm having which i posted in this thread:

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=5587

I do wish whenever a problem occurs for a user, people would stop putting it down to the browser. My old pc on XP ran EE on chrome with no issues, i am putting the issue down to windows 7 64bit and adobe flash. Until adobe flash release a 64bit version for their player i would think i'm stuck with the issue.

Last edited by 35005CP (Mar 18 2011 9:11:25 am)

#19 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

OK, fine. [roar] YOU WANNA PLAY HARDBALL? I'LL PLAY HARDBALL![/roar]

Opera has its own built-in mail client. Check your mail while you brows the web!
Notes - Take notes on that web page you're on!
Organization - say I want these two webpages open side-by-side. I just group them together, right click, hit tile vertically and voila. No need to open multiple windows!
THE BIG RED BUTTON - Pressing this one, space-saving button allows you to access everything from proxy configuration, to Saving the page, to viewing source, to debugging the current web page, to changing the entire appearance of Opera.
Opera has less toolbars, because everything is condensed into the BIG RED BUTTON OF AWESOME, so you have more space for your websites.
Gestures - Just a click and a flick of the mouse lets you completely control your laptop!

- ShinsukeIto

#20 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Every web browser has good and a bad things. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15, but Firefox 4 will come out within 1 or 2 weeks.

#21 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

And? IT PALES IN COMPARISON TO OPERA. Opera ate a bowl of foxes for breakfast. Fox just ate a rabbit. Chrome didn't eat, it charged. Well, it tried to, but Opera pulled the plug and now Chrome died.

- ShinsukeIto

#22 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Different55 wrote:

And? IT PALES IN COMPARISON TO OPERA. Opera ate a bowl of foxes for breakfast. Fox just ate a rabbit. Chrome didn't eat, it charged. Well, it tried to, but Opera pulled the plug and now Chrome died.

^ LOL

#23 Before February 2015

35005CP

Different55, yes you love opera, we get it. But it does not solve every issue as has been proved. And i have to admit i'm not really bothered about what extras it offers over other browsers.

It is flash and windows 7 that is the issue, NOT the browser. A good percentage of the time changing browsers will not change anything anyway.

If you were a sales person trying to sell me opera i would have chosen an alternative long ago anyway.

Last edited by 35005CP (Mar 18 2011 10:11:47 am)

#24 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Different should change his user name to Opera Advertisement. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#25 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Maybe Ruri would let me change my title... Anyway, check out this quote from takoman02:

takoman02 wrote:

(PS. Opera is A LOT faster then chrome, thnx)

EDIT: This was taken from this topic. Post #4.

Last edited by Different55 (Mar 18 2011 5:39:16 pm)

- ShinsukeIto

DBear142386296098472

Board footer