Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-10-07 02:06:17

MBlood

Re: Do you believe in a post-life?

I don't believe there is a postlife or a "Heaven". But if there is and only if you're inmortal i would be asking to random people "Why you're dead?" or "Who killed you" just to annoy.

Away.

#52 2016-10-07 02:07:07

Pingohits
Banned

Bimps wrote:

i would want it to be an eternal dream. neverending. i would love that honestly

man can you imagine baking pizza bagels for the rest of eternity; now THAT'S life

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#53 2016-10-07 02:31:38

Different55
Forum Admin

Bimps wrote:

no i dont believe there is a postlife. but if there is, i would want it to be an eternal dream. neverending. i would love that honestly

So what you're saying is that when you die you want to die in a coma?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#54 2016-10-07 02:33:39

Bimps

Pingohits wrote:
Bimps wrote:

i would want it to be an eternal dream. neverending. i would love that honestly

man can you imagine baking pizza bagels for the rest of eternity; now THAT'S life

oh HELL yeah dude

Different55 wrote:
Bimps wrote:

no i dont believe there is a postlife. but if there is, i would want it to be an eternal dream. neverending. i would love that honestly

So what you're saying is that when you die you want to die in a coma?

i was thinking of that while typing it, and yes i would if it meant eternal dreaming

#55 2016-10-07 13:18:21, last edited by Anatoly (2016-10-07 13:18:45)

Anatoly

So As I Already said, i am believing that after death you get your own dimension, where you are the god! Means, there is no time, no big bang, just an empty room - and what you create is forever in the universy. Would be great, i would have my own EE! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: But of course i know that when you die that's it.

#56 2016-10-07 18:35:12

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

I'll Believe it when I See it.

#57 2016-10-07 18:42:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

But of course i know that when you die that's it.

How can you know that?

#58 2016-10-07 19:14:18

Gosha

i believe that there is no anything after life.

But i have an cool idea.

Imagine that after your life you live as another people.
Time doesn't matter.
You can play live as a little woman in Japan in 3 BC, or you can live as a killer in 1666.

The whole point of this is to play as every person in anytime.
It would be so cool!
You love yourself. lol it sounds weird
You kill yourself.
You are the greatest man.
You are the stupiest man.

You are everyone.

#59 2016-10-07 19:33:55

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Gosha wrote:

i believe that there is no anything after life.

But i have an cool idea.

Imagine that after your life you live as another people.
Time doesn't matter.
You can play live as a little woman in Japan in 3 BC, or you can live as a killer in 1666.

The whole point of this is to play as every person in anytime.
It would be so cool!
You love yourself. lol it sounds weird
You kill yourself.
You are the greatest man.
You are the stupiest man.

You are everyone.

It seems that Pingohits beat you to it.

Wooted by: (3)

#60 2016-10-08 04:44:28

Bimps

mfw my postlife encompasses all of these ideas and more

aw ye im2gud

#61 2016-10-08 06:23:47

Gosha

N1KF wrote:
Gosha wrote:

<snip>

It seems that Pingohits beat you to it.

Well, i usually dont read other's replies. But yea, that's true, it was based on that story

#62 2016-10-08 08:06:45, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2016-10-08 08:07:33)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

How many of us are from America?
If you answered Yes, then answer this:
Do you believe in God (Christian)?
If you answered no, then please keep reading.

America was founded on the bases of Christian principles.
Why do you think in elementary school you said every day " I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all. "

It's actually pretty sad to see how many atheists are in America, a country founded on the bases of Christianity.

#63 2016-10-08 08:41:38

XxAtillaxX

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

The constitution was based on equal rights for everyone, which would be the Christian thing to do.
Why do you think in elementary school you said every day " I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all. "

It's actually pretty sad to see how many atheists are in America, a country founded on the bases of Christianity.

No it is not. You are wrong and completely uneducated on this subject.

The founding fathers consisted of deists and agnostics.
Thomas Paine, the father of the American Revolution was atheist.

The constitution avoids citing any religion, and in the First Amendment you will find
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".

The Declaration of Independence does not represent any law of the United States and holds no legal power.

In Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli, it states
"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Unlike the Declaration of Independence, treaties do represent law of the United States, as per the Constitution
"This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof, and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every State shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#64 2016-10-08 11:07:28, last edited by rgl32 (2016-10-08 11:07:59)

rgl32

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

To answer this part of the question it was actually because of the threat of communism in the mid 1950's, it wasn't originally there.

I don't think we will ever really know what will happen unless we are able to bring people back from the dead that have been dead for a while, there really isn't any proof that we will keep ourselves after we die. I don't have a strong belief of anything but I don't think it's just pure nothingness. Taking a being from something and turning it into nothingness doesn't make sense to me.

#65 2016-10-08 11:55:04

Koya
Fabulous Member

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

It's pretty sad to see how many Americans don't know American history.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#66 2016-10-08 14:32:27

I think it'd be just sleeping forever. Would be sick af if I got into heaven or was reborn as some young billionaire exploring the Milky Way, although if reincarnation were to happen I'd probably randomly be reborn as some old prostitute in a war-torn city in future Africa or something bad like that.

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Perhaps it was, centuries ago, but people are free to make their own choices in regards to religion. Or at least should, else it all becomes the stereotype of the Middle East.

#67 2016-10-08 14:35:26

shadowda

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

a. no. i dont believe in a god.
b. america was founded on the belief of separation of church and state and the ability to chose your own religion.
yes many people at the time were Christian, but we were not and are not a christian nation.
c. the "under god part" was added later on during war time.
personally i don't like it, but i still respect the pledge.
d. I'm guessing when you say "Christian principles" you mean stuff like dont steal or dont kill and what not.  Christianity does not have a monopoly on morals. those ideas aren't just "Christian principles"

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#68 2016-10-09 20:11:32

Yandax

XxAtillaxX wrote:

@Hacked: You misquoted me, I'm not Swarth100.

I'll tear your arguments apart either way.

I know that you probably don't care and willingly abide by creationist teachings, however when you make absurd statements like "i find it hard to believe my great great grandfather was a fish", it makes you sound like an educated fool.
Do you know what common ancestors are? If you are going to make a statement, then at least remotely know what you're talking about.

I'll let you know a little bit about your religion and faith as well.

You know what faith has brought to mankind? A complete and utter lack of scientific progress - it is your idiotic dogmas that have led to countless lives being lost.
You would not be able to spout your religious beliefs if not for scientific advancement beyond your oppressive religion, it's disgraceful you side with it.
If not for scientific advancement, you wouldn't have all of the luxuries you take for granted; your life would be a living hell compared to today.

I know you believe in your predetermined faith because mommy and daddy told you it was good because their parents said it was good and so on.
I'll let you in on a secret: mommy and daddy are just as stupid as anyone else, they aren't always right. One day they'll be gone, and you'll have to think for yourself.

So, here's the thing. I would suggest keeping your hands clasped away from the keyboard for a little bit, and give it some thought like very few people do.

Okay, first of all this is a very late reply, but I was lazy. Second of all, please use some common decency, you can disagree with someone, you can tell them why you think so, but please don't be so rude.

Since you seem to be all about logic, I find it very strange that you judge an religion by it's past actions. It's fine to do that if they haven't changed. But religions have changed. This is an imperfect comparison, but: Isn't that like calling all doctors quacks and witch doctors because they used leeches and other bad treatments. 
About your "mommy and daddy" comment: Yes, nobody is perfect. I'm gonna make a quick assumption: (I know assumptions are bad, but you yourself use them, so I can cover my back this time.) I'm gonna guess that you still live with your parents, think they're wrong about a lot of things, and that they're old fashioned and foolish. This is a matter of perspective, and may cloud your opinion of parents. They can raise you they way the think is right, and will most likely have more wisdom than you for a long time. You're broke. Who do you turn to for shelter and advice? Your friends, probably, but also your parents. “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” <Generally attributed to Mark Twain.

This is my post, misinterpret at your will, and laugh at me when you're done.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

Wooted by: (2)

#69 2016-10-10 16:55:36

Anatoly

N1KF wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

But of course i know that when you die that's it.

How can you know that?

I'm jesus.

Wooted by:
Anatoly1476114936628997

Board footer