Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-05 17:21:14

Anatoly

Do you believe in a post-life?

Do you believe in life after death?

In my mind, i do not, because imagining we are normal animals with intelects, we will just stop existing, you won't notice anything and the souls do not exist. I only hope, to have my own dimension after dead.

#2 2016-10-05 17:22:03

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Do you believe in a post-life?

i agree. we die and that's it. all our thoughts, motives, and dreams just stop existing with nothing to remain as soon as we die.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2016-10-05 17:42:18

Koya
Fabulous Member

When you die that's it.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 2016-10-05 18:00:08

Anatoly

Koya wrote:

When you die that's it.

But the question is if you believe, not what you know, what you believe!

#5 2016-10-05 18:23:39

Koya
Fabulous Member

I see no reason to believe that anything else happens.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 2016-10-05 18:37:49

Nebula

Inb4 NeverDie
A life past 100 years

#7 2016-10-05 18:51:46

Sensei1

I kinda do, because I believe we don't die when we die. I don't think we go to heaven or anything like that, I just think we kinda get out of this illusion of life to either another illusion or the place which is causing the illusion.

Also if we really were to die, I do believe that we will born again after time. Reason for this is that when we're dead, we do not sense anything, including time. In other words, an unlimited amount of time passes when we're dead without us even noticing. During that unlimited amount of time, unlimited amount of things happen, most likely including us getting alive again. Do not ask me to explain how one can come back from the death, because I have no idea, but I think with time some life form will understand more about human minds than we do at the moment, and thus they will be able to bring human minds back.

I wish I knew how to make these sectences sound more clear...

#8 2016-10-05 21:46:14

shadowda

I don't believe in life after death. Us being biological mechanisms, when you die, that's it. 

Though if i did believe in a post life, i would expect it to be some sort of isolated pure mental existence. A world created by ones own mind unattached to reality. like a lucid dream or existence with in ones own consciousness never again able to return to reality. though that's insane.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#9 2016-10-05 22:16:06

skullz17

I don't know. I don't see any reason why there should be, nor why there shouldn't be. However, I don't believe in heaven or hell because I don't believe in god.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#10 2016-10-05 22:20:18

Kessiope

AnatolyEE wrote:

In my mind, i do not, because imagining we are normal animals with intelects, we will just stop existing, you won't notice anything and the souls do not exist. I only hope, to have my own dimension after dead.

Animals we ? it is a troll or... Sorry can you tell me who told you that we're animals? or monkey, lizard, fish... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Wooted by:

#11 2016-10-05 22:33:39

Pingohits
Banned

Kessiope wrote:

Sorry can you tell me who told you that we're animals?

depends on your religion

one Christian writes,

WriterPt wrote:

Humans are Humans! God made man in His own image, therefore, anyone who considers humans as animals is also calling God an animal. Humans are male and female beings and not creatures or beasts, as the Bible outlines animals. Insects and larger animals fall under the classification of creatures or beasts. Humans are referred to in the Bible as Man, therefore we cannot be considered animals.

if you would believe such a thing, i guess go with it? i'm not going to ridicule your beliefs.

on the other hand, the majority of people believe humans are indeed animals, as we evolved from monkeys, and are considered primates

if monkeys are primates, and we came from monkeys, then humans are primates, and humans are animals

791mAP8.png

#12 2016-10-05 22:34:21

shadowda

Kessiope wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Animals we ? it is a troll or... Sorry can you tell me who told you that we're animals? or monkey, lizard, fish... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

google wrote:

an·i·mal
a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

honestly, we are animals with intellect. its the only thing that sets us above every other living thing

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Wooted by:

#13 2016-10-05 22:39:19

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another

gLjTZE1.png

#14 2016-10-05 22:41:52

Kessiope

Pingohits wrote:
Kessiope wrote:

depends on your religion

one Christian writes,

WriterPt wrote:

Humans are Humans! God made man in His own image, therefore, anyone who considers humans as animals is also calling God an animal. Humans are male and female beings and not creatures or beasts, as the Bible outlines animals. Insects and larger animals fall under the classification of creatures or beasts. Humans are referred to in the Bible as Man, therefore we cannot be considered animals.

if you would believe such a thing, i guess go with it? i'm not going to ridicule your beliefs.

on the other hand, the majority of people believe humans are indeed animals, as we evolved from monkeys, and are considered primates

if monkeys are primates, and we came from monkeys, then humans are primates, and humans are animals

That religious. And i don't got a religion, i' trust in God but there is a lot of "different category of Christians". For me, we descenting from Adam and Eve.

And by the way, i' trust (of course) in a second-life after death, but.. i don't know if i can talk about this here.. So if you want to know (from my knowing), i can answer by pm.

Wooted by:

#15 2016-10-05 22:49:50

shadowda

Kessiope wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
Kessiope wrote:

depends on your religion

one Christian writes,

WriterPt wrote:

That religious. And i don't got a religion, i' trust in God but there is a lot of "different category of Christians". For me, we descenting from Adam and Eve.

And by the way, i' trust (of course) in a second-life after death, but.. i don't know if i can talk about this here.. So if you want to know (from my knowing), i can answer by pm.

wait, you do not have a religion but you "trust in god", and believe in "Adam and Eve".

also this is the place for the after life, so please, i would like to hear your thoughts

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#16 2016-10-05 23:05:42

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

When I was a Christian™ I did, but now I have turned cynical and no longer believe in God and I don't think anything happens after death besides decomposition.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2016-10-05 23:44:23

Swarth100

I personally believe in God and in life after death.

I am Roman Catholic, and by no means do I agree with the nonesense a lot of Christians go telling around.

There is no Adam and Eve, just as there was no great flood, and neither is the Earth 6000 years old. Religion and Science, I believe, just as many philosophers do, must be kept distinct.

Religion has absolutely no say in the scientific field (no sane person would deny evolution tbh), but neither can science have a say in the religious field. The existence of God, or of the soul, cannot really be prooven, nor denied, using any scientific method. People would thus be equally correct in believing in them or not... That's why it's called "faith" afterall!

#18 2016-10-06 00:15:13

iPwner
Website

This whole "you decompose" thing doesn't really make sense... sure your BODY will decompose, but your consciousness will likely just float astray~ That just doesn't make sense. Unless you're literally a zombie on earth, wandering the fields of Earth without consciousness or direction (and honestly that wouldn't surprise me at all! ;3). That's why I believe in ghosts. ;0 Plus, numerous evidence, but ya know, whatever. Just "dying" doesn't make sense. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I like to think I-- OOPS i'm wasting time writing meaningless crap into this bogus forum bye!

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#19 2016-10-06 00:23:54, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2016-10-06 00:24:46)

XxAtillaxX

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and there is no evidence of an afterlife.

ZeldaXD wrote:

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another

The conversation of energy is not an answer. The universe is not proven to be an isolated system, nor does it mean energy is constant within the universe, as the universe is expanding, and it doesn't account for infinite dimensions.
In general relativity conservation of energy-momentum is expressed with the aid of a stress-energy-momentum pseudotensor. The theory of general relativity leaves open the question of whether there is a conservation of energy for the entire universe. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

Swarth100 wrote:

People would thus be equally correct in believing in them or not... That's why it's called "faith" afterall!

If it cannot be proven scientifically, then it remains a hypothesis.
You cannot be correct in stating that the Earth is a hamster, for example.

Faith is not an answer.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#20 2016-10-06 00:44:58

Insanity

I don't, but it would be hilarious if there was an afterlife.

I would imagine people involved in murder-suicide cases would have a very interesting conversation

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#21 2016-10-06 00:46:18

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

iPwner wrote:

This whole "you decompose" thing doesn't really make sense... sure your BODY will decompose, but your consciousness will...

Congrats! You missed my point.
I only mentioned the body decomposing because I don't believe anything else happens. Nothing happens to your "consciousness/soul" in my opinion.

Also @ me next time

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#22 2016-10-06 00:57:38

Bobithan

ok so if we die our consciousness doesn't really exist but is there some sort of metaphysical vessel in which our consciousness is stored allowing them to be reused so in one life you're tom danger and in the next you are some superintelligent octopus thing off in another galaxy or something as there are a limited number of vessels that the universe has to constantly reused and maybe that number is the maximum amount of possible consciousnesses to exist in the universe at a single moment which is probably some ridiculously big number but not as big as you would expect and it would be impossible to ever go over that cap because it is the cap or does the universe have an infinite supply of possible consciousness that it conjures up out of nothing which ceases to exist at all after the body in which it was held is no longer is able to support it i mean we know our bodies are holding at least something since i assume you are all thinking people that experience things just as i do so a consciousness of some sort certainly does exist inside you and me but maybe only one consciousness is ever active in a sense and the universe just shuffles every single consciousness that ever existed in the entire timeline of everything ever so like what im experiencing is actually trillions of years apart from what youre experiencing

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#23 2016-10-06 01:54:58

Bobithan wrote:

ok so if we die our consciousness doesn't really exist but is there some sort of metaphysical vessel in which our consciousness is stored allowing them to be reused so in one life you're tom danger and in the next you are some superintelligent octopus thing off in another galaxy or something as there are a limited number of vessels that the universe has to constantly reused and maybe that number is the maximum amount of possible consciousnesses to exist in the universe at a single moment which is probably some ridiculously big number but not as big as you would expect and it would be impossible to ever go over that cap because it is the cap or does the universe have an infinite supply of possible consciousness that it conjures up out of nothing which ceases to exist at all after the body in which it was held is no longer is able to support it i mean we know our bodies are holding at least something since i assume you are all thinking people that experience things just as i do so a consciousness of some sort certainly does exist inside you and me but maybe only one consciousness is ever active in a sense and the universe just shuffles every single consciousness that ever existed in the entire timeline of everything ever so like what im experiencing is actually trillions of years apart from what youre experiencing

Am I having a stroke

Pingohits wrote:

Humans came from monkeys? Didn't humans and monkeys share a common ancestor?

Wooted by: (4)

#24 2016-10-06 02:08:07

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

afterlife*

also no

suddenly random sig change

#25 2016-10-06 02:25:54

Pingohits
Banned

0176 wrote:

Humans came from monkeys? Didn't humans and monkeys share a common ancestor?

yeah that sry bad wording

another point:
i believe humans really just die and go into nothing, but what...happens? it's nothing, but how do we perceive that? completely black? is there a passage of time?

there's this short story called The Egg by Andy Weir, it's really interesting and touches on topics such as life after death and reincarnation

tldr; the entire universe is just an embryo, and every single life, every single person, you will live through. you will become abraham lincoln, you will become edward snowden, you will become every single prisoner in Guantanamo Bay. i remember staying up at night thinking about that story because i was terrified of living through a life where someone gets burned alive, or buried in cement. it's a very insightful story, i strongly recommend reading through it

791mAP8.png

Anatoly1476114936628997

Board footer