Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-12 10:07:26

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

Bots and Programming + new section

It is pretty obvious that bots and programming is confusing and doesn't allow people to post about actual programming, only about EE.

Why is it Bots and Programming then?
Make it EE Programming.

Anyways what I want to ask for is if it is possible to add a Programming section (other than EE)?

Thanks,
marcoantonimsantos

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#2 2016-09-12 10:39:26

rgl32

Re: Bots and Programming + new section

bots and programming description wrote:

Discuss everything related to programming for EE. Share your creations, ask questions, whatever.

I agree that the name is really vague, but it does say it's for EE only.

I don't know how much benefit a general programming section would be though. Other forums or q&a sites would be better to go to, you would find better answers and probably quicker responses. If you want to share something you could put it in creative, or maybe off-topic.

#3 2016-09-12 15:09:12

Ratburntro44
Website

it's literally in the "Game Discussion" category, of course it is pertaining to the game

there's already an off topic section for off topic things like this, and I don't really see justification for adding another forum for something that falls under an existing one and doesn't seem to have any distinctive need

Wooted by:

#4 2016-09-12 16:59:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I think we could just have a single general "programming questions" topic in the Off-Topic forum.

Wooted by:

#5 2016-09-12 17:35:07

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

Ratburntro44 wrote:

it's literally in the "Game Discussion" category, of course it is pertaining to the game

there's already an off topic section for off topic things like this, and I don't really see justification for adding another forum for something that falls under an existing one and doesn't seem to have any distinctive need

No, as I've said, I want something OTHER than game, and game discussion is only about EE's game itself.
Also OFF-TOPIC is for everything, I mean't one that is easier to get organized/etc that is only about programming.

N1KF wrote:

I think we could just have a single general "programming questions" topic in the Off-Topic forum.

I mean't releases/questions/etc

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#6 2016-09-12 18:43:47

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Last time I checked, it's "forums.everybodyedits.com".

I don't want a forum section for stuff you can answer by looking on google, msdn, dotnetperls or stack overflow.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2016-09-12 19:49:43

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Tomahawk wrote:

Last time I checked, it's "forums.everybodyedits.com".

I don't want a forum section for stuff you can answer by looking on google, msdn, dotnetperls or stack overflow.

last time i checked any forum had an offtopic section
by the way i think this "non ee programming" thing could be made as a single stickied topic in off-topic discussion, not that many people would post in it anyway.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#8 2016-09-12 20:09:18

Zumza

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

Anyways what I want to ask for is if it is possible to add a Programming section (other than EE)?

This ain't a programming forum m8.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#9 2016-09-12 20:16:48

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I imagine marcoantonimsantos just wants a safe space where he can feel justified in asking dumb questions which can be answered with a quick Google search, because that's the main reason why people don't want to use Stack Overflow and the like. Such places don't take too kindly to such questions, as they imply that the asker is unable to help themselves, so why should the members of the community help them?

The only reason why we have an EE related bots and programming subforum is because there is a very specific set of knowledge that one needs to deal with EE that could even be considered off topic in other venues, or so specialized that it would be hard to find someone who can actually help you on such sites. As such, it makes sense to have the subforum here, where there is a high concentration of people with that knowledge.

General programming questions most definitely don't need their own subforum because that promotes laziness in anyone who would choose to post a question there, as most of us are hardly qualified to field such questions correctly.

Wooted by:

#10 2016-09-12 20:30:59

Ratburntro44
Website

No, as I've said, I want something OTHER than game, and game discussion is only about EE's game itself.

No, as you said

It is pretty obvious that bots and programming is confusing

Which I responded to by giving a reason that it really shouldn't be confusing anyone who pays any attention.

Also OFF-TOPIC is for everything, I mean't one that is easier to get organized/etc that is only about programming.

And, as I said

Ratburntro44 wrote:

I don't really see justification for adding another forum for something that falls under an existing one and doesn't seem to have any distinctive need

Of course off topic is for everything. How many general programming posts are there? Currently I see one on the first page of off topic posts. Why is a topic only posted about that rarely deserving off its own forum? There's no evidence that the existing off-topic forum isn't easily sufficient.

Ratburntro441473708659622817

Board footer