Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-18 23:43:19, last edited by Swarth100 (2016-08-18 23:45:17)

Swarth100

Saving Bug Is Back!

fVZarte.png

Seems like the good old saving bug on 300x300 worlds is now back!

Won't stop rotating, nor save.

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2016-08-18 23:53:09

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Re: Saving Bug Is Back!

*I have this issue too button*
Yeah that happened to me yesterday..

#3 2016-08-18 23:56:54

hummerz5

Napakeun wrote:

hey diff a bug for you!

The first person to hit "Woot" on the Bug Reports subforum topics will actually just see a "Wooted By," but refreshing the page gives a "Also Reported By" or something akin! I didn't realize you had pushed that update 'til yesterday ... hmm

I thought the admindevs made some groundbreaking achievement to make that no longer a problem. Perhaps it's not a size issue but an entirely different bug

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2016-08-19 12:21:11

skullz17

hummerz5 wrote:
Napakeun wrote:

hey diff a bug for you!

The first person to hit "Woot" on the Bug Reports subforum topics will actually just see a "Wooted By," but refreshing the page gives a "Also Reported By" or something akin! I didn't realize you had pushed that update 'til yesterday ... hmm

I thought the admindevs made some groundbreaking achievement to make that no longer a problem. Perhaps it's not a size issue but an entirely different bug

It's not a size issue; I have never made a 300x300 world but I got this bug once. For me, what happened was I went to a different tab while AFKing in my world for a long time, and when I came back the bug occurred.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#5 2016-08-19 13:54:11

XxAtillaxX

If this occurs, are you sure you're still connected (i.e. inside the room)?
It'd be easy to pass the blame onto BigDB, although that mightn't be definitive when you're the only person inside the world.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#6 2016-08-19 15:57:35

skullz17

I thought of that but I really don't remember. Usually when that happens it just leaves the level immediately, but that time I got the saving bug, I know it didn't happen. But I do remember that something weird happened besides the saving bug, so perhaps I did disconnect but didn't leave the room. I tried checking skype messages to see if there would be clues to help me remember, but all I found was this:

i just got the forever saving bug
for the first time
my theory is that it either happens when...
1) you afk for a long time and then come back
2) you have been in your world for a long time
or both are causes
of course i saved my world before i went afk so i didnt lose anything
but then, wouldnt anyone save their world before going afk?
so why all the complaints about the bug?
well, probably because the people complaining experienced the bug because of cause #2
this is backed up by the fact that many say they have lost "hours" of work
so we can conclude that if you work in your world for hours or a long time, there is a higher chance of you recreating this bug

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 2016-08-19 16:09:16

Swarth100

My personal experience with this bug was on 300x300 worlds that, before a recent update, could exceed the maximum amount of data handled my the database per world (i.e. In theory one could place 300x300x2 = 180000 blocks, but the DB couldn't handle so many and thus would not save)

#8 2016-08-19 19:45:10

XxAtillaxX

You can easily exceed the 500kb limits of a database object by having lots of signs with unique random text placed in the world.
It doesn't seem like this is the problem, since he had mentioned being able to save it prior.

There is one thing for certain, that is, Everybody Edits tends to disconnect a lot for unknown reasons, and secondly you can't save a world you're not in (the 'saved' message isn't received).
It would be nice if there were more studies on this.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 2016-08-19 20:29:09

hummerz5

XxAtillaxX wrote:

You can easily exceed the 500kb limits of a database object by having lots of signs with unique random text placed in the world.
It doesn't seem like this is the problem, since he had mentioned being able to save it prior.

There is one thing for certain, that is, Everybody Edits tends to disconnect a lot for unknown reasons, and secondly you can't save a world you're not in (the 'saved' message isn't received).
It would be nice if there were more studies on this.

Yeah I feel like that's the two possibilities. The server gets an error and stops executing before it sends the confirmation "Save". That, or the connection is lost so "Save" would never be received anyway.

Here's a thought: the server creates a temporary save file when the last user "leaves" or disconnects, presented to them when they return. That would prevent 1/2 of the possibilities.

hummerz51471634949619955

Board footer