Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-15 18:39:58, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2016-08-18 22:37:46)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

[Release] bay - Make a bot in batch! (Update 1)

Don't want to learn C#? Just want to make a simple bot that has a few commands, or a simple snake, or even a digbot with?
Well, my friend. You have come to the right place.
You can use an IDE as simple as notepad to start making bots.

bay is the tool for you! bay is a simple tool, that allows for the full functionality of a C# bot, besides the drawbacks

drawbacks

But focus on the good part! Now, your IDE is notepad! C# is no longer C#, for it's batch!
A language anybody can learn with a program everybody has, can now be used to make a bot.

NOTICE: The download below comes with 3 example bots, a snake bot, a command bot, and a stalker bot.

Download Today <-- NOTICE: Two examples come with, so you can just copy them and modify it to your needs.

Simple Documentation

The name "bay" comes from Batch plAYerio, BAY, batch playerio

#2 2016-08-15 18:43:28, last edited by Joshua708 (2016-08-15 18:44:28)

Joshua708

Re: [Release] bay - Make a bot in batch! (Update 1)

rip initparse
never again
rip potato pcs
never again

now we cant run awesome bots on potato pc's because of this
and now ice cant make his digbot using initparse in bay
also we didn't speak batch nor c# so our language is still english

Hey look a bunch of stats about me
browser-chrome-blue.svg visual%20studio-community%202017-7D3BC4.svg windows-10-brightgreen.svg download-70%20mbps-blue.svg upload-10%20mbps-blue.svg

ram-16%20gb-green.svg Processor-Intel%20i5--5200U-green.svg Graphics-Intel%20HD%20Graphics%205500-green.svg

kyK5VkB.png

#3 2016-08-15 18:48:00

hummerz5

I know nothing of batch. Is it good with the whole data storage thing? And what's with not having support for Byte[]?

Cool thought i guess

#4 2016-08-15 18:58:13, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2016-08-15 18:58:45)

XxAtillaxX

As far as I can tell, this is completely useless - why bother when you can just write code in notepad and then feed it through csc? No IDE required.
Additionally, you're still using the .NET framework to carry out the networking, it's no more than a silly primitive interface - considerably worse than just writing C# code.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#5 2016-08-15 20:19:58

SirJosh3917

XxAtillaxX wrote:

As far as I can tell, this is completely useless - why bother when you can just write code in notepad and then feed it through csc? No IDE required.
Additionally, you're still using the .NET framework to carry out the networking, it's no more than a silly primitive interface - considerably worse than just writing C# code.

Of course, but if you take a look at one of my points:

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Don't want to learn C#?

You'll see that my goal is for people to not have to learn all the hardships of a language, rather let people use batch to write bots, as it's relitively simple and script kiddies use it for - well, what they call "ddosing" which isn't even remotely close to ddosing. More like pinging.

Wooted by:

#6 2016-08-15 20:24:56, last edited by Joshua708 (2016-08-15 20:27:25)

Joshua708

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Of course, but if you take a look at one of my points:

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Don't want to learn C#?

You'll see that my goal is for people to not have to learn all the hardships of a language, rather let people use batch to write bots, as it's relitively simple and script kiddies use it for - well, what they call "ddosing" which isn't even remotely close to ddosing. More like pinging.

there is no 'hardships' in learning coding
we all taught ourselves pretty much completely, right?
and it hasen't been hard at all
I have to side with XxAtillaxX, though, you could just download .NET and get into notepad and make a bot without any IDE, and that this is only an interface, because it is. Also, the new .NET Core will make it even easier if someone can make a PlayerIOClient.dll for .NET Core, then you don't need to spend much time at all because you have a lightweight version of .NET and you can use notepad (Or Visual Studio Code which is more of a code text editor than an IDE)

browser-chrome-blue.svg visual%20studio-community%202017-7D3BC4.svg windows-10-brightgreen.svg download-70%20mbps-blue.svg upload-10%20mbps-blue.svg

ram-16%20gb-green.svg Processor-Intel%20i5--5200U-green.svg Graphics-Intel%20HD%20Graphics%205500-green.svg

kyK5VkB.png

#7 2016-08-15 21:05:34

hummerz5

Off topic: Joshua you oscillate from incomprehensible to understandably sensible.

On: Core is lightweight NET? Did they ever make packageable .NET? So they don't need framework?

Can each .bat share info with the next run? I'd hate to see people using the disk as RAM

#8 2016-08-15 21:15:44

SirJosh3917

hummerz5 wrote:

Core is lightweight NET? Did they ever make packageable .NET? So they don't need framework?

Can each .bat share info with the next run? I'd hate to see people using the disk as RAM

Why not just download it and try out the examples it has, it has a snake bot and a command.
But it uses up alot of your proccessor and ram, as it starts a batch file every time it recieves a message, like if you have say.bat or say.cmd in the same directory as bay and bay is running and you're connected - say.bat is going to run every time someone says something. This problem can SUCK when making a digbot, "m" gets fired constantly, using up all of your PC.

bay.exe is made with c# in the net framework.

I don't get what you mean by

hummerz5 wrote:

Can each .bat share info with the next run?

. Could you be more specific?

#9 2016-08-15 21:52:43, last edited by Vinyl Melody (2016-08-15 21:53:07)

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

bay - bae
I'll think of something useful to do using this.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

Wooted by:

#10 2016-08-15 22:45:21

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Batch? Bay? Baytch? You didn't name it well. Try something generic and meaningless like "Bayleaf".

Looks fun, though if you're gonna script a bot through notepad the commands might as well be condensed into single words with params and some special syntax. Something like:

> "init"
> b 0 5 5 9
< say ".bot" or "!bot" ? reply "rawr"

First line sends init using '>' as the message send syntax. Second line sends a basic block. Third line queries incoming (<) chat and states the response after '?', somewhat like the first half of a ternary operator.

Might do this myself actually. Nothing like a bit of bot brainstorming to get you motivated.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#11 2016-08-15 23:21:01

hummerz5

I think one benefit that this idea has is you aren't necessarily re-inventing the wheel. We don't really need a whole new scripting setup anyway.

Could I be more specific? How do I know what a user's name is? (Any user data) (any world data) If you're running a new instance every time, does it have any access to that? It's somewhat useful.

Does anyone have realistic stats on the whole "it runs the .bat every time" deal? Is it normal that a batch file requires the overhead he talks about? Or is it part of his implementation? Curiosity.

#12 2016-08-15 23:56:49

Swarth100

Guys, what's wrong with all this negative feedback?

I believe that ninja's idea is good, surely needs some work, but I still find it fascinating that, for such a small community, there are players willing to put so much effort into the game.

Wooted by: (4)

#13 2016-08-16 00:16:56, last edited by Joshua708 (2016-08-16 00:19:02)

Joshua708

hummerz5 wrote:

Off topic: Joshua you oscillate from incomprehensible to understandably sensible.

On: Core is lightweight NET? Did they ever make packageable .NET? So they don't need framework?

off topic: i ramble a lot, it happens when something i find is just a little... not useful i guess? (or to me, atleast)

On: Yes .NET Core is lightweight .NET Framework basically, try the Hello World example, it's pretty cool. (there isn't many apis that work with Core yet, though (as in like playerio and stuff))

And I doubt .bat's could share info without using extra arguments. Using the disk as RAM is a bad idea but using it for cache is OK.

kyK5VkB.png

#14 2016-08-16 00:19:00

SirJosh3917

hummerz5 wrote:

I think one benefit that this idea has is you aren't necessarily re-inventing the wheel. We don't really need a whole new scripting setup anyway.

Could I be more specific? How do I know what a user's name is? (Any user data) (any world data) If you're running a new instance every time, does it have any access to that? It's somewhat useful.

Does anyone have realistic stats on the whole "it runs the .bat every time" deal? Is it normal that a batch file requires the overhead he talks about? Or is it part of his implementation? Curiosity.

For all of your questions to be answered, thing of bay as a hollow shell, with the insides being batch files.
bay simple allows for you to login, send messages, and disconnect. The thread thing is so a console window can be made to monitor everything, as well as having multiple bots run in one directory.
The creator, has to fill bay with batch files. So the creator has to have a batch file, add a console for monitoring, and he also needs a batch file called "init.bat" to "bay /send <threadid> init2" so the bot connects, makes sense so far? So now bay is filled with some batch files. Whenever bay recieves "init", it'll run init.bad invisibly (meaning the window doesn't show up) so that it doesnt spam your screen with batch files appearing and dissapearing.

So using the logic above, you could create a bot, have "add.bat" save players, like a batch file called the player id for example, and then inside of (playerid).bat you have "set name=(playername)". And then whenever you recieve something like "say", you can just call (playerid).bat and get their name.

bay is simply put a hollow shell, that you have to fill with batch files.
Download it, there are 2 examples that come with. Command Bot is a good example of storing a user's name.

#15 2016-08-16 00:41:15

den3107

hummerz5 wrote:

Core is lightweight NET?

It doesn't have the full capabilities of the .NET framework, which is a downside, but can also be a plus because, indeed, you can make more lightweight applications.
Biggest plus I'd say .NET Core has: cross-platform.
That's right.
Toss Wine out of your Linux machine and get .NET Core!
(It's not a good idea actually, since obviously not that many apps have been made with it yet).
I also read about claims that it's faster than PHP (dunno how fast PHP is).

#16 2016-08-16 00:45:56

Joshua708

den3107 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Core is lightweight NET?

It doesn't have the full capabilities of the .NET framework, which is a downside, but can also be a plus because, indeed, you can make more lightweight applications.
Biggest plus I'd say .NET Core has: cross-platform.
That's right.
Toss Wine out of your Linux machine and get .NET Core!
(It's not a good idea actually, since obviously not that many apps have been made with it yet).
I also read about claims that it's faster than PHP (dunno how fast PHP is).

True, the cross-platform is an upside, but the downside is that it does not have many if any libraries for it. It would be good for lightweight projects that should be crossplatform, though.
I actually can't get Wine on my Linux machine because it's too old! (xD)
Dunno how fast PHP is either.

kyK5VkB.png

#17 2016-08-16 13:27:57

Zumza

I'll rather use the LuaBot by Ashton.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#18 2016-08-16 14:44:51

Joshua708

Zumza wrote:

I'll rather use the LuaBot by Ashton.

Honestly Lua is good for some things and it's very easy to learn. Batch is okay I guess? Bay was an okay idea but since it's so hollow it will need a plugin system to make certain very hard things to do (like snakebot, right now it opens a batch file for every move event) so that we don't have to make these huge batch bots that lag your PC.

kyK5VkB.png

#19 2016-08-16 17:51:25

John

Joshua708 wrote:

<snip>
I actually can't get Wine on my Linux machine because it's too old! (xD)
<snop>

You can follow my archaic tutorial here.
Same concept.

PW?scale=2

#20 2016-08-17 13:04:56

POLAK23P

Guys... i don't know why ya don't like it. I said to ninja that it would be cool if i would make a bot in batch because i DON'T WANT TO LEARN C#. Then, he made THIS. I think this is best way to make an easy bot if you know batch and dont know C#. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Ninja gets +1 rep from me. Imagine that someone want to make a bot but his C# skill is less than 0% and batch skill 100%. Then, someone is very happy because he made his first bot.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#21 2016-08-17 13:54:11, last edited by Zumza (2016-08-17 13:58:42)

Zumza

I don't know batch at all. Nor I know someone which knows it.
I don't really see knowing Windows Batch as an asset either. Linux is a different story but nowadays you can script in a language like python which works cross-platform.
This project appears to be more a downside rather than an improvement to bot programming, in my opinion.
We got LuaBot(if you enjoy scripting) and BotBits(which standardise your code a lot and makes you to accomplish a simple thing in seconds).

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#22 2016-08-17 14:12:47

kubapolish
Banned
Website

Looks nice, but where i can find list of all commands that can be used on Bay?

#23 2016-08-17 18:51:46

den3107

Zumza wrote:

This project appears to be more a downside rather than an improvement to bot programming, in my opinion.

I fail to see any downside, and if there would be one, there'll probably be more upsides.

#24 2016-08-17 18:58:23

hummerz5

den3107 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I fail to see any downside, and if there would be one, there'll probably be more upsides.

I think the word he was looking for was more along the lines of "step back from" as in, there's no negative effects of its creation, but between choosing the traditional method vs this one, the latter is a lesser form.

I suppose one might say an upside is not needing a hefty download/install... if you just throw batch files together then you're good to go, right? Those poor kids who can't install things could finally break free with Batch files!

Wooted by: (2)

#25 2016-08-18 22:36:39, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2016-09-23 19:40:41)

SirJosh3917

Update
Bay got updated.
Bay can now send booleans, and doubles.
Bay can also now recieve Byte[]. See the Documentation on how to receive it.

kubapolish wrote:

Looks nice, but where i can find list of all commands that can be used on Bay?

The EE Protocol might be of aid for what you can send and recieve: https://github.com/Tunous/EverybodyEditsProtocol

EDIT: Whoever can make the first InitParse.bat will be featured in the main post, with initparse.bat code, example useage, and your name ofc, with a link to your profile

EDIT2: Bay also recieves a string in one piece, so following the protocol is easier

SirJosh39171471556199619838

Board footer