Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-13 19:57:37

skullz17

That topic by Bimps was dealt with poorly

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=36078

In this topic, there could have been a normal discussion. There was literally no reason to lock it. My guess is that Zoey locked it because she thought it would turn into a discussion about the demod zoey thing. But if you read the topic, it wasn't Bimps that mentioned it, it was everyone else. I think if Bimps got back in time he could have explained himself and replied to the stuff that was actually about the topic. Then there could have been a discussion.

The reason this topic annoyed me was because it appeared as if there were two sides. Bimps, and the people talking about the demod zoey thing. And it felt like Zoey was taking the side of the people who were against Bimps when she locked the topic, even though they were the reason the topic was going nowhere. I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like. It would be inappropriate for you to single out certain users because you don't like them, and if people begin to see you as a biased mod then they won't like you very much and will begin to doubt your ability to moderate the forums fairly.

Also I want to mention that it seemed like you thought Bimps' intention was to make a point concerning the demod zoey drama. But why do you care about intention now when it apparently didn't matter for Kaslai during that raid?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#2 2016-08-13 20:19:56

Kira

Re: That topic by Bimps was dealt with poorly

Because there was no reason to discuss further about it, simply

#3 2016-08-13 20:23:09

Processor

It was spam and didn't really produce actual discussion. That's why.

I support zoey's decision to lock the topic, so if you want to accuse her of something, make sure the accusations also apply to me!

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#4 2016-08-13 20:48:53, last edited by N1KF (2016-08-13 20:49:23)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Processor wrote:

Multiple people responded, so discussion could have easily happened. Zoey locked it before it had the chance, though. That's a rather strict standard of "spam", I think.

#5 2016-08-13 21:00:07

skullz17

Kira wrote:

Because there was no reason to discuss further about it, simply

One person does not decide if everyone else has reason to discuss something. Whether you have reason to discuss something is up to the individual. Bimps was replied to, so I would expect him to reply back and generate some sort of discussion. I don't know how to further explain this concept.

Processor wrote:

I accept the argument that it lacked discussion value, but it is certainly not spam. I don't see how it could possibly be spam. As for it not producing actual discussion, well that's because you didn't let it. Because you locked it. If you mean that it wouldn't produce discussion even if you let it carry on, well Bimps would have at least replied, that was guaranteed.

Processor wrote:

I support zoey's decision to lock the topic, so if you want to accuse her of something, make sure the accusations also apply to me!

In that case, disregard the last paragraph. It was an insignificant part of my argument. I believe the points made in my first paragraph could apply to any mod. As for the second paragraph, well it was to do with her word choice and her image in general so I think the decision to lock the topic and the people that supported this decision are irrelevant at this point.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 2016-08-13 22:41:40

Schlog

i don't see how that topic wasn't lock-worthy it sucked

#7 2016-08-13 22:45:01

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ninja wrote:

I don't think that's a reason for a topic to get locked.

#8 2016-08-13 22:46:02

Schlog

N1KF wrote:
Ninja wrote:

wasn't that basically the reason it was locked

#9 2016-08-13 22:46:43

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ninja wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Ninja wrote:

wasn't that basically the reason it was locked

I don't think that's a good reason, at least.

#10 2016-08-13 22:58:25

imgood9

My two cents:
The first thread seemed more like Bimps trying to save face by playing the "why are you taking everything so seriously it's just a game" card. He says he meant "everything," which implies that the zoey demodding debacle was among the things people should stop taking so seriously.
Though if I recall the topic zoey linked to was locked as well, so there was no place to hold the discussion.

Even if bimps was trying to hold a discussion NOT related to zoey, we kind of derailed it to zoey's demodding and gave him a lot of crap for his words.

His second topic, however, didn't stand as a point of discussion on its own (which is kind of what a thread is supposed to be, a discussion).
I agree with the lock of this thread (I assume zoey did this one because she was the only mod on when this topic was posted).

tl;dr - I agree because even if bimps was trying to hold an honest discussion we derailed it to the point of no return and gave him crap for his anti-zoey stuff

#11 2016-08-13 22:58:46

Processor

skullz17 wrote:
Processor wrote:

I accept the argument that it lacked discussion value, but it is certainly not spam. I don't see how it could possibly be spam. As for it not producing actual discussion, well that's because you didn't let it. Because you locked it. If you mean that it wouldn't produce discussion even if you let it carry on, well Bimps would have at least replied, that was guaranteed.

N1KF wrote:
Processor wrote:

Multiple people responded, so discussion could have easily happened. Zoey locked it before it had the chance, though. That's a rather strict standard of "spam", I think.

While a single topic like that one on its own wouldn't really be spam, Bimps is known for making low quality posts, such as this one, this one, this one, this one, or this one. These are posts with little relevance to the EE community and are what we refer to as "funposting". Making a lot of these posts can be considered spam.

skullz17 wrote:

In that case, disregard the last paragraph. It was an insignificant part of my argument. I believe the points made in my first paragraph could apply to any mod. As for the second paragraph, well it was to do with her word choice and her image in general so I think the decision to lock the topic and the people that supported this decision are irrelevant at this point.

I was actually referring to your first paragraph, where you accuse zoey of wanting to prevent a "zoey demod" discussion from happening, and implying that she fears such discussion. I can tell you that this is something I didn't even think about when deciding to close that topic and I don't even exactly understand your logic here.

skullz17 wrote:

In this topic, there could have been a normal discussion. There was literally no reason to lock it. My guess is that Zoey locked it because she thought it would turn into a discussion about the demod zoey thing. But if you read the topic, it wasn't Bimps that mentioned it, it was everyone else. I think if Bimps got back in time he could have explained himself and replied to the stuff that was actually about the topic. Then there could have been a discussion.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#12 2016-08-14 03:42:42

Ratburntro44
Website

Processor wrote:

i'm guessing you meant to link something else here...?

Wooted by:

#13 2016-08-14 21:29:47

skullz17

Processor wrote:

While a single topic like that one on its own wouldn't really be spam, Bimps is known for making low quality posts, such as this one, this one, this one, this one, or this one. These are posts with little relevance to the EE community and are what we refer to as "funposting". Making a lot of these posts can be considered spam.

No, that's wrong. Making multiple posts with big gaps in between is not spam. The funposts themselves can be locked for being funposts. But the recent topic was not a funpost, so why would it be dealt with in the same way? If his previous actions were already dealt with (or at least they should have been), why is he now serving an extra sentence for them?

Processor wrote:

I was actually referring to your first paragraph, where you accuse zoey of wanting to prevent a "zoey demod" discussion from happening, and implying that she fears such discussion. I can tell you that this is something I didn't even think about when deciding to close that topic and I don't even exactly understand your logic here.

I didn't mean to imply that she fears the discussion due to her association with it, I was just saying that she probably wanted all discussion about the zoey demod to be in one topic. The remark could apply to any mod, had they made the decision. Then I go on to say that the topic could have turned into an ordinary discussion again if Bimps had come back. I think the lock was an early decision, based on assumptions.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)
skullz171471206587618988

Board footer