Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Re: BEE's Critiques of the Easter Level Art.

BEE wrote:

58 still wont load.

As for my favorite overall?

I liked none of them, not even CDB.

My artistic style is still-art or objects, large in size, not   adventures or landscapes

You hated them all?

#52 Before February 2015

Cola1

BEE wrote:
Cola1 wrote:
BEE wrote:

More EE-style sprite art. I like how some of the smilies are at angles though. Most of it seems randomly placed sadly and the concept is too broad.

Herp...
RED: It wasn't randomly placed and we had to plan out the landscape so the minis would be able to be around the art

BLUE: All that empty space was going to have more egg's in them but we had the urge to post early so we couldn't edit the art. As for our concept we drew up a plan of our level during our Lunch Break at school BUT it took 3 days to complete, sadly I cannot show you this plan because after we finished our level we threw it away.

I didnt mean to imply that it wasnt *planned* simply that the location of various items seemed to have no rhyme or reason. An example of this would be the floating easter eggs and baskets, or the fact that one of your smileys seems to be floating and fishing in the middle of the screen.

If you would like to see an example of what I mean when I request a concept, check some of the levels in "good concept needs some work" category.

What? Check your vision pal, he's sitting on a platform. Also the eggs aren't floating if you haven't realized that the art is paused like mostly all other art. Sheesh

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#53 Before February 2015

Thip

BEE wrote:

58 still wont load.

As for my favorite overall?

I liked none of them, not even CDB.

My artistic style is still-art or objects, large in size, not   adventures or landscapes

Ahh.. well.. check this so...

Easter.png

Its the minimap of 58

#54 Before February 2015

BEE

Yes Cola,   but that platform was floating

And depicting motion properly with a "snapshot" is an extremely advanced art type that even I don't try. Other than "motion lines (like the ones in thip's picture) theres few ways to show something is in motion, one is where if you were depicting them "paused" in air, then perhaps you should also have a means of them getting there, i.e. someone actively pushing eggs off a counter.

Like I said, you dont have to like my review or agree with it. I dont expect most EE players to agree with me nor take my advice because of their age *shrugs*

And I remember that one thip! It made me think of charlie brown for some reason.... I liked how the style all fits together, clearly you have one artists or the ones you have mesh well, but again there are smilies in it and I dont like smiley art //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I really liked your clouds, were they sprites or hand drawn? Oh and I was very surprised by how accurately you were able to depict the EE text. Overall not bad, I would have prefered the smilies gone and a rabbit or something else there though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#55 Before February 2015

Thip

Well.. Thanks.. all i wanted to be a smile collector, so sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

And about the clouds, my friend did them...

But anyway...

Congrats to you!

And i hope i get those smiles by some way

I Spend 2 days on the grass, 3 hours on smiles, 1:30 on chatbox, 1 day on eggs, and 4 hours on half of sky ( the rest, my members did them, i did 75% of the level..

Better luck next time eh...

Cya BEE, happy easter for you!

#56 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

So, BEE, if you worked solo on this contest what would the art look like? I'm just curious.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#57 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I agree with your critique bee //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

now only If I'd had time to change it..

#58 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Hey, I wouldn't be too displeased with 2nd place.

#59 Before February 2015

BEE

If I were doing the contest solo with no thought for minis, I probably would have done some sort of bunny with a mutant chickbun pet thing: http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5 … aster4.jpg found on the right hand side.

#60 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Haha interesting.

#61 Before February 2015

Cola1

BEE wrote:

Yes Cola,   but that platform was floating

And depicting motion properly with a "snapshot" is an extremely advanced art type that even I don't try. Other than "motion lines (like the ones in thip's picture) theres few ways to show something is in motion, one is where if you were depicting them "paused" in air, then perhaps you should also have a means of them getting there, i.e. someone actively pushing eggs off a counter.

Like I said, you dont have to like my review or agree with it. I dont expect most EE players to agree with me nor take my advice because of their age *shrugs*

And I remember that one thip! It made me think of charlie brown for some reason.... I liked how the style all fits together, clearly you have one artists or the ones you have mesh well, but again there are smilies in it and I dont like smiley art //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I really liked your clouds, were they sprites or hand drawn? Oh and I was very surprised by how accurately you were able to depict the EE text. Overall not bad, I would have prefered the smilies gone and a rabbit or something else there though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

If we have a Halloween Contest my level will probably make you happier //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
1- NO SMILEYS
2- Shadow Effects Probably

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#62 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

cant belive uve gone through all the easter levels and reviewed them. BEE U AWESOME!

#63 Before February 2015

nielsb

bee how do you make a topic?

#64 Before February 2015

Oturan

well it still looks awesome, but the way ontop the balloon was annoying and i got trapped with no way out when i jumped with 17 coins to the right side of the map from the blue egg

¨well I fixed that little problem, but then my team mates got angry at me and threatened me with being kicked from 2ndStory on an undetermined amount of time.

Thanks by the way, and we tried to make it harder as it went on and we wanted it to be a bit irritating, but I wasn't satisified with some of the minigames at the temple, since I thought they were to easy.

I really am dislikingthe ladders up to the large purple egg though, I feel like they are so plain and 2D compared to the rest of the level

Yeah that was a minigame that I made, and I got thumbs up from the rest of the team, so we used it. But I will keep that in mind, Thank you BEE. The person that makes our art, is for the most part GameGus and then second comes Niufox, even if the rest of us do some of the art too. But not to as an extensive part as those two. I am gonna get much better at art, so I can help out more than I do for the moment, And I did quite alot of colouring and shading some things, mostly the ground and some of the temple which I fixed when everyone was busy with some things. Since I wanted to have some more part in doing the art.

Last edited by Oturan (Apr 27 2011 3:06:20 pm)

#65 Before February 2015

Niufox

BEE wrote:

178. ah yes the gem that I am very happy to have found. Would love to know who did your art and welcome them to the art world of ee. Wonderfuldetailing, angling and you were even able to cut it in half while keeping it looking as if it is 3D, good job. Absolutely love the hot air balloon and really want   a closeup of it. I really am dislikingthe ladders up to the large purple egg though, I feel like they are so plain and 2D compared to the rest of the level   very nice job though, you filled the spacenicely without overcrowding.

Oh My, thank you very much!
To answer you question, the art is mainly done by GameGus and me. We actually made a lot together this time, I think that GameGus made most of the balloon, and I helped with the shape and colouring. Derp, It's hard to say who did what. X'D
But I made the statue to the left, and GameGus made the one to the right, that's for sure.

Oh, and the ladders.... Well, they aren't supposed to be ladders. XD Just some kind of pillars/scaffolding or whatnot.
And if you want a close up of the balloon... You just have to beat the challenges to get there ;3

EDIT:

Tokebot wrote:

thanks for making me aware of 178

easter island by Niufox, GameGus, Oturan and Catman666.

awesome map. in my top5
edit: well it still looks awesome, but the way ontop the balloon was annoying and i got trapped with no way out when i jumped with 17 coins to the right side of the map from the blue egg

Thanks for the praise and pointing out our mistakes! Lawl, I hope the judges didn't notice > 3 >;
But you're not the one to talk about annoying levels dear. <3

Last edited by Niufox (Apr 27 2011 3:14:22 pm)

#66 Before February 2015

RavaTroll

Niufox wrote:
BEE wrote:

178. ah yes the gem that I am very happy to have found. Would love to know who did your art and welcome them to the art world of ee. Wonderfuldetailing, angling and you were even able to cut it in half while keeping it looking as if it is 3D, good job. Absolutely love the hot air balloon and really want   a closeup of it. I really am dislikingthe ladders up to the large purple egg though, I feel like they are so plain and 2D compared to the rest of the level   very nice job though, you filled the spacenicely without overcrowding.

Oh My, thank you very much!
To answer you question, the art is mainly done by GameGus and me. We actually made a lot together this time, I think that GameGus made most of the balloon, and I helped with the shape and colouring. Derp, It's hard to say who did what. X'D
But I made the statue to the left, and GameGus made the one to the right, that's for sure.

Oh, and the ladders.... Well, they aren't supposed to be ladders. XD Just some kind of pillars/scaffolding or whatnot.
And if you want a close up of the balloon... You just have to beat the challenges to get there ;3

I think you can consider GameGus and you as really great EE artists. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#67 Before February 2015

GameGus

Oturan wrote:

¨well I fixed that little problem, but then my team mates got angry at me and threatened me with being kicked from 2ndStory on an undetermined amount of time.

I simply didn't want you to do anything hasted xD I wasn't serious (maybe slightly) :3

Anyway Bee, thanks for the comments and feedback on Easter Island, though it isn't ladders on the outside of the big temple, but the walls are inspired by the Maya pyramids.

Last edited by GameGus (Apr 27 2011 3:12:32 pm)

#68 Before February 2015

Niufox

RavaTroll wrote:

I think you can consider GameGus and you as really great EE artists.

Q___Q T-thank you
But GameGus is the best one, really! You should totally check out his deviantART!

#69 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

I used stairs because the judges said they had to be playable as one of the good factors. I made the stairs so there is some sort of mini game in my level. sorry if you didn't like the stairs. 6kHTD.png . Thanks for the review! 1bigsmile1

Last edited by Glitcherkid (May 2 2011 8:13:18 pm)

PaNFnqB.png

#70 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Stairs are terrible and I don't think you can even call them playable. Stairs are popular for noobs who are unable to do anything harder.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#71 Before February 2015

Demdude222

BWAEioQeWWa0I

#72 Before February 2015

BEE

Well I cant see the image so I cant tell if that is a spam post or not O_o

#73 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Demdude222 wrote:
[img]http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/BWAEioQeWWa0I[/img]

I think he's trying to show you a picture of his level.

#74 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Supadorf24 wrote:
Demdude222 wrote:
[url]http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/BWAEioQeWWa0I[/url]

I think he's trying to show you a picture of his level.

Epic. Fail.

Art was somewhat good, though.

Somewhat.

#75 Before February 2015

Zoidy☺

heres #44 try going from here http://everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/meredith1999

Last edited by Zoidy? (May 14 2011 11:09:08 am)

BEE142386767993753

Board footer