Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Re: BEE's Critiques of the Easter Level Art.

OMG BEE THINKS I AM COMPETITON!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT
I have been trying practice at my shading, thanks for the advice. I was gonna add shadows from stuff but i decided i didnt want to as it would not add much benifit to it! You rule Bee, ty for taking your time to help people!!!!!!!

#27 Before February 2015

BEE

Echo! wrote:
Gamer1120 wrote:

57. KAA crew:
Members: KAA x 2, LD3H, Echo
Level: Eas(y)ter level
link :
this is our level that you didn't review. (probably because it wasn't done until )
www.everybodyedits.com/games/PWAGg6Ok1qa0I

Levels that didnt load: 6. 19. 29. 44. (not sure why it wont load, I remember liking this one.) 51. 57. 58. 71. 116. 164.   169. 173. 179.
^ remind me and Ill try to load them again. If your team submitted a level but I didnt review it, double check that its on RPGmaster's list, if so, post here so I can review it again or help you find the review.

Well I tried again and it didn't load then I tried again and it did so yay.

I would place this under the "Omg bunny smiley wooo" category. It has the typical "ee style" art that other elvels have, but yours also has a nice large egg. I like the patterning, but the shape of the egg seems a bit too symmetrical to me. Nice bunny shading, though I feel like his whiskers are too thick.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#28 Before February 2015

mustang

Amazing you took the time to critique the art from nearly all of the Easter maps, well done BEE. I hope everyone at least considers what BEE is saying about your map, since she's one of the best artists on EE and she definitely is speaking from knowledge and experience.

#29 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Please do my team: "Funny Bunny"

#30 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Thanks for the Critique BEE! I had mixed feelings about the Easter Smiley after I added it. I just felt it would appeal towards Humor; My Easter Bunny & the EverybodyEdits Bunny Smiley looked like they would make good Friends! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL   (.175)

#31 Before February 2015

Allie

If I could redo it I definitely would have taken your advice. I probably should have done something else with the ground area. Thanks for the critique! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#32 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

53. Im really liking the eggs in the foreground and the flags in the background, but otherwise it?s a bit 2D for my tastes. I like the concept and the clouds with eggs are adorable but Im not a fan of all that black space, the rooms look so empty and lonely

I don't disagree at this a whole lot, but the only thing that maybe I would add into that space would be banners, hey, I could've done that actually.

Anyway it IS hard to shade with grays to make it seem like a 3D castle as I've said before, but if you look closely it is getting smaller as it goes to the sides. Anyway with the black space, it is perfect places for minigames, we probably could've colored the bricks inside each room but hey, we didn't.

#33 Before February 2015

LightShadow

BEE wrote:

61. Wowow, beautiful sunset! Why did you have to go and add the bunny smilies? They are so random and not needed. Really liking everything there except the random floating islands with bunnies on them. You did a good job shading as well, except the eggs at the top are shaded backwards? the sun is shining from underneath.

Many thanks for the review, BEE. I will covey your appreciation of the sunset to Victini. He spent a couple of days perfecting that.

As for the Bunny smilies and the floating islands: Yes, perhaps they were a bit random (and maybe unnecessary) but sometimes we like to be a bit random. You could make the same case with Picasso's paintings. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

(On a side note: As an example of our randomness, we once made a level called Snowmen vs. Aliens. That was extremely random, but fun to make.)

As for the large eggs, their shading technically isn't that relevant as they are a part of the title. They pretty much stand alone. I could also make the case that their shading is influenced by the comet. (Not logical, but neither is most of the level. XD)

Once again, thanks for the review.

#34 Before February 2015

NikK

Did anyone notice...

There are 11 sad faces and 2 happy faces? Lol.

#35 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

NikK wrote:

Did anyone notice...

Did anyone notice...

The Bible says "hell" 65 times and "heaven" 11 times? OHMAH GEWDNESS BEE IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS!

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#36 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

TakoMan02 wrote:
NikK wrote:

Did anyone notice...

Did anyone notice...

The Bible says "hell" 65 times and "heaven" 11 times? OHMAH GEWDNESS BEE IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS!

Err, nothing to coment.....

Well, XP level didnt get a bad note. The trees will save us. I hope so.

#37 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Lopoi2 wrote:

Err, nothing to coment.....

Well, XP level didnt get a bad note. The trees will save us. I hope so.

My thoughts exactly.

For my level, anyway.

#38 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

You didnt give 57. a review //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#39 Before February 2015

BEE

Gamer1120 wrote:

You didnt give 57. a review //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

It didn't load for me. I did try again and reviewed it above ^

#40 Before February 2015

Cola1

BEE wrote:

More EE-style sprite art. I like how some of the smilies are at angles though. Most of it seems randomly placed sadly and the concept is too broad.

Herp...
RED: It wasn't randomly placed and we had to plan out the landscape so the minis would be able to be around the art

BLUE: All that empty space was going to have more egg's in them but we had the urge to post early so we couldn't edit the art. As for our concept we drew up a plan of our level during our Lunch Break at school BUT it took 3 days to complete, sadly I cannot show you this plan because after we finished our level we threw it away.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#41 Before February 2015

RavaTroll

treejoe4 wrote:

OMG BEE THINKS I AM COMPETITON!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

And I agree with her. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#42 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

BEE wrote:
Echo! wrote:
Gamer1120 wrote:

57. KAA crew:
Members: KAA x 2, LD3H, Echo
Level: Eas(y)ter level
link :
this is our level that you didn't review. (probably because it wasn't done until )
www.everybodyedits.com/games/PWAGg6Ok1qa0I

Levels that didnt load: 6. 19. 29. 44. (not sure why it wont load, I remember liking this one.) 51. 57. 58. 71. 116. 164.   169. 173. 179.
^ remind me and Ill try to load them again. If your team submitted a level but I didnt review it, double check that its on RPGmaster's list, if so, post here so I can review it again or help you find the review.

Well I tried again and it didn't load then I tried again and it did so yay.

I would place this under the "Omg bunny smiley wooo" category. It has the typical "ee style" art that other elvels have, but yours also has a nice large egg. I like the patterning, but the shape of the egg seems a bit too symmetrical to me. Nice bunny shading, though I feel like his whiskers are too thick.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Ok thanks for the review //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I'll keep it in mind.

#43 Before February 2015

BEE

Cola1 wrote:
BEE wrote:

More EE-style sprite art. I like how some of the smilies are at angles though. Most of it seems randomly placed sadly and the concept is too broad.

Herp...
RED: It wasn't randomly placed and we had to plan out the landscape so the minis would be able to be around the art

BLUE: All that empty space was going to have more egg's in them but we had the urge to post early so we couldn't edit the art. As for our concept we drew up a plan of our level during our Lunch Break at school BUT it took 3 days to complete, sadly I cannot show you this plan because after we finished our level we threw it away.

I didnt mean to imply that it wasnt *planned* simply that the location of various items seemed to have no rhyme or reason. An example of this would be the floating easter eggs and baskets, or the fact that one of your smileys seems to be floating and fishing in the middle of the screen.

If you would like to see an example of what I mean when I request a concept, check some of the levels in "good concept needs some work" category.

Last edited by BEE (Apr 20 2011 9:26:18 am)

#44 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BEE, you've gotten 7 rep from just this post alone. And you got 1 rep from my art tutorial saying you had a good easter level... 2YTqz.png

So, what's YOUR favorite level?

(If it's CDB, what's your second favorite?)

#45 Before February 2015

Thip

Bee, try to get into level 58 please? I wanna see what you're gonna say about, thank you!

#46 Before February 2015

Muftwin

you said youd give +reps to participants...ill take one

#47 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

1LY B33, R3P PL0X? :rolleyes:

#48 Before February 2015

Pike270

Just making it in the top of this competition was really cool. Now if only i made the level easier.........

#49 Before February 2015

BEE

58 still wont load.

As for my favorite overall?

I liked none of them, not even CDB.

My artistic style is still-art or objects, large in size, not   adventures or landscapes

#50 Before February 2015

Varrith

Well thank you on the compliments on level 87! (my teams, of course)

BEE142386767993753

Board footer