Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2016-06-07 00:17:23, last edited by Kirby (2018-10-04 00:30:47)

Kirby
Campaign Team
Joined: 2015-04-04
Posts: 4,122

a

a

Online

#2 2016-06-07 00:20:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,999

Re: a

I dont really know about much science, but I think a sphere would be the easiest shape for a planet to form. Additionally, you have to deal with the problem of there being "edges" on the world. Another thing you have to consider is that stars, and the moon, both of which visible from earth (unless you want to consider those actually "flat") are all spherical, so why not earth too? Another problem is, what is at the "bottom" of earth? If you walked off the edge, would you fall on the other side? Or, would you fall endlessly through space until you died of no oxygen? What would happen if you drilled through the earth?

These are many issues with a flat earth, and im pretty confident earths a sphere.


Everybody //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Edits //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Is //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Back

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2016-06-07 00:57:36

hummerz5
Member
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,795

Re: a

I like how you bring up gravity. Like, if Earth was the shape of a card table, we on the outside edges would be pulled to the center, much more noticeably on a horizontal scale than vertical.

then, there's the fact that you don't fall off the edge of the world... which only works with spheres, really

didn't they figure that out a long time ago, with like the time of day and shadows or something?

Offline

#4 2016-06-07 00:58:12

Gamemonger
Banned
From: #FREESONIIIETY
Joined: 2015-12-24
Posts: 206

Re: a

the earth is flat and if you say otherwise you're wrong loser


the man who made zoey delete her tumblr

Offline

#5 2016-06-07 02:12:42

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: a

Well, if we go back in time when people thought the earth was flat then yes but think about it.

Life is an allusion.


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#6 2016-06-07 02:13:46

Kirby
Campaign Team
Joined: 2015-04-04
Posts: 4,122

Re: a

Prodigy wrote:

Well, if we go back in time when people thought the earth was flat then yes but think about it.

Life is an allusion.

can you explain what that was please i honestly didn't get any of that

Online

Wooted by:

#7 2016-06-07 02:14:41

Gamemonger
Banned
From: #FREESONIIIETY
Joined: 2015-12-24
Posts: 206

Re: a

Kirby wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

Well, if we go back in time when people thought the earth was flat then yes but think about it.

Life is an allusion.

can you explain what that was please i honestly didn't get any of that

Basically the Earth is flat as Prodigy if you know what I'm saying :^)))))))))


the man who made zoey delete her tumblr

Offline

Wooted by:

#8 2016-06-07 02:17:01

Kirby
Campaign Team
Joined: 2015-04-04
Posts: 4,122

Re: a

Gamemonger wrote:
Kirby wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

Well, if we go back in time when people thought the earth was flat then yes but think about it.

Life is an allusion.

can you explain what that was please i honestly didn't get any of that

Basically the Earth is flat as Prodigy if you know what I'm saying :^)))))))))

are you ok

Online

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2016-06-07 02:17:48

Gamemonger
Banned
From: #FREESONIIIETY
Joined: 2015-12-24
Posts: 206

Re: a

Kirby wrote:
Gamemonger wrote:
Kirby wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

Well, if we go back in time when people thought the earth was flat then yes but think about it.

Life is an allusion.

can you explain what that was please i honestly didn't get any of that

Basically the Earth is flat as Prodigy if you know what I'm saying :^)))))))))

are you ok

no


the man who made zoey delete her tumblr

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2016-06-07 03:31:55

Awesomenessgood
Member
Joined: 2015-08-06
Posts: 1,657

Re: a

you all probably have seen this but eh ill just plop it down here


lunchbox

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2016-06-07 04:29:42

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM
Member
From: ͂́͐̆̍̿̌̄̀̇͛̀̈́͋̈́̌͑͌́̍̽̂͊̅͋̕͘
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 455

Re: a

The earth is not flat, nothing is. Gravity and sight give us the illusion that the world is flat. Everything is bent in some way and if something were flat its a black hole. We are just stupid to think that things are flat.


WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

Offline

#12 2016-06-07 04:34:53

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,953
Website

Re: a

People always say Columbus set sail to see if the Earth was flat, but that's very untrue.

It was known that Earth was round well before his time.


mrjawapa,
Financial manager, web designer

St. Helen's
London, EC3
United Kingdom

Contact Claims ( 1-866-692-8482) when you:
-Need to make a new claim.
-Have an open claim and need answers to your questions.

For general inquiries, please call 1-800-387-4518.

Offline

Wooted by:

#13 2016-06-07 12:21:40

sthegreat
Member
Joined: 2015-04-25
Posts: 409

Re: a

ha the earth is flat the edge is guarded by nasa officials and there is no such thing as gravity the earth is accelerating up


user.php?id=sthegreat

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#14 2016-06-07 12:48:27, last edited by TaskManager (2016-06-07 12:55:31)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,690

Re: a

earth is flat because i cant see the curvature
/s

hummerz5 wrote:

didn't they figure that out a long time ago, with like the time of day and shadows or something?

greek scientists were first to prove that earth is a sphere but it was then forgotten and in medieval ages people thought earth was flat
there were ship captains that refused to swim far from land because they thought they'd actually fall off the world

JaWapa wrote:

People always say Columbus set sail to see if the Earth was flat, but that's very untrue.

columbus knew that earth was round and he wanted to find a sea shortcut from europe to india by swimming a circle around the planet (because swimming around the africa was taking too long)
when he arrived to the land he thought he got to india (but that was america), that is also why native americans are called indians


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#15 2016-06-07 14:04:11

Anak
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,083

Re: a

Earth has mad yams, don't ever call it flat

Offline

#16 2016-06-07 14:28:06

Goldy301
Member
From: EE
Joined: 2016-04-11
Posts: 121
Website

Re: a

I believe the Earth is a ball shaped sphere. If it was flat then what about the under parts of it? There's no sunlight there.


wxl2iOk.jpg

Offline

#17 2016-06-07 16:01:50

Emma333
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-04-16
Posts: 572

Re: a

So this question made me curious, and I did an experiment to see if the earth was flat. I placed a straight wooden balk on the street and looked if it touched the ground on all places and it did. So from this outcome I can conclude the earth is in fact flat.


c4l0RmQ.png dPtNSbx.png Signature by AnatolyEE

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2016-06-07 16:13:18

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,953
Website

Re: a

maxi123 wrote:

columbus knew that earth was round and he wanted to find a sea shortcut from europe to india by swimming a circle around the planet (because swimming around the africa was taking too long)
when he arrived to the land he thought he got to india (but that was america), that is also why native americans are called indians

You get a gold star!

maxi123 wrote:

earth is flat because i cant see the curvature

Maybe not from ~sea level. But at high altitudes you can.




If the earth was a perfect cube... would it be flat then?


mrjawapa,
Financial manager, web designer

St. Helen's
London, EC3
United Kingdom

Contact Claims ( 1-866-692-8482) when you:
-Need to make a new claim.
-Have an open claim and need answers to your questions.

For general inquiries, please call 1-800-387-4518.

Offline

#19 2016-06-07 17:32:15, last edited by TaskManager (2016-06-07 18:08:05)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,690

Re: a

JaWapa wrote:

If the earth was a perfect cube... would it be flat then?

ive thought of that often
and the answer is no
if the earth is round then it looks like its flat everywhere because the gravity is going with a 90 degrees angle into the ground at every point of the globe
if the earth would be a cube then it would be the same in the centers of the cube's sides (90 degrees between gravity direction and ground) but as you move closer to the cube's edges the angle between gravity direction and the ground is changing and on the edges it is 45 degrees, basically the cube's edges would feel like mountains
self-made picture incoming...

there ya go //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
htwPrYq.png


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#20 2016-06-07 18:58:48

hummerz5
Member
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,795

Re: a

Goldy301 wrote:

I believe the Earth is a ball shaped sphere. If it was flat then what about the under parts of it? There's no sunlight there.

that's nighttime, duh. no one said the earth didn't rotate...

@maxi123
but what if Earth is literally flat? our planet is a 2D plane! no not really

Emma333 wrote:

So this question made me curious, and I did an experiment to see if the earth was flat. I placed a straight wooden balk on the street and looked if it touched the ground on all places and it did. So from this outcome I can conclude the earth is in fact flat.

You're not counting the other possibility, though. on Earth, relative humidity is always there. It might be tiny, but there. Moisture getting into wood causes warping. Your "straight wooden balk" was probably subject to enough humidity to CURVE IT TO THE EARTH.
THAT'S RIGHT.

sthegreat wrote:

ha the earth is flat the edge is guarded by nasa officials and there is no such thing as gravity the earth is accelerating up

Well, this sorta ties into the whole philosophical concept that we can't really know things based on what other people tell us...

I've never been past a rather narrow slice of meridians on Earth. For all I know, since I haven't been there, Earth actually just ends a little past Washington, and Maine. Africa? fake. Russia? fake. NASA just made them up to complete the spherical claim. Wasn't it Einstein that mentioned in Relativity that an accelerating entity experiences a force identical to gravity?

Offline

#21 2016-06-07 19:08:51

Anak
Member
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,083

Re: a

So a flat Earth would appear to be shaped like a basin?

Offline

#22 2016-06-07 19:33:11

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,690

Re: a

Anak wrote:

So a flat Earth would appear to be shaped like a basin?

depends on how the gravity would work, if gravity would go perpendicular downwards everywhere then no it would appear flat everywhere
if gravity would be directed to 1 point which is center of mass (like it is for actual earth and for cube earth) then yes


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#23 2016-06-07 20:45:42

Pingohits
Banned
From: aids lizard
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,591

Re: a

Goldy301 wrote:

a ball shaped sphere

im sorry can you repeat that


791mAP8.png

Offline

#24 2016-06-08 00:13:47

0176
Member
From: Brazil
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,146

Re: a

Everyone here's all worked up over whether the Earth is flat or not, something that has been answered centuries ago.. meanwhile, the government keeps forcing us to drink dihydrogen monoxide daily!

Offline

Wooted by:

#25 2016-06-08 00:48:08

hummerz5
Member
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,795

Re: a

0176 wrote:

Everyone here's all worked up over whether the Earth is flat or not, something that has been answered centuries ago.. meanwhile, the government keeps forcing us to drink dihydrogen monoxide daily!

good lawd, off topic comments should stay out
we can't let the public know the truth m8

Offline

Qlonever1529862838711162

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1566098872.2416 - Generated in 0.064 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.69 MiB (Peak: 1.96 MiB) ]