Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-11 19:27:59

Insanity

Is feminism destroying our world?

Seriously boyos

This new trend of "feminism" is destroying our world as it stands today.

Seriously, this **** is getting out of hand, I'll provide some examples:

1. Women have become Hyper-Independent

wtf m8? Why is this even becoming a thing? Using simple logic anyone can deduce that if a woman no longer "needs" a man, wtf kind of beta **** is gonna put up with a woman in the first place. Which means that people tryna be independent stumps civilization and we get to die since no reproduction.

2. Feminism Emasculates Men

For some reason these chicks think its ok to physically and verbally abuse their man and expect the guy to put up with it. wtf? The feminist movement has destroyed effective communication, because women now feel as if they can demand anything they want. I’m really not sure where women got the idea that men are now supposed to bow to them. The most disturbing part of this trend is that men now act as if they are supposed to be subservient to women. As a result, sissified men are popping up everywhere, and real men are becoming harder and harder to find.

In addition to this plus a million other reasons, it's getting increasingly hard to even talk to a goddamn girl without her pulling some feminist bs on you

Ex.

friend goes to bar and introduces himself to a girl, then asks her for her name. She responds by saying "My name is NO" then turns and laughs like a maniac with her equally obnoxious girfriend

wtf m8?

I blame her for this **** srs:
Meghan-2.png

You can see how psychotic Meghan Trainer is just from lookin at her eyes, srs tho, this women is single handedly making feminism rise to a seriously problematic global issue

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#2 2016-05-11 19:32:30

XxAtillaxX

Re: Is feminism destroying our world?

Insanity wrote:

1. Women have become Hyper-Independent

wtf m8? Why is this even becoming a thing? Using simple logic anyone can deduce that if a woman no longer "needs" a man, wtf kind of beta **** is gonna put up with a woman in the first place. Which means that people tryna be independent stumps civilization and we get to die since no reproduction.

The insecurity is strong with this one, calm down, there's no need for another Elliot Rodger.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#3 2016-05-11 19:32:31

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I think that the (extremist) feminist agenda ironically makes the female look even weaker, requiring them truckloads of social support to emotionally survive. If you want to be taken more seriously as "strong" women, try taking an example from the men and stop complaining about certain small issues that dont even matter in the long run.

#4 2016-05-11 19:34:23

XxAtillaxX

N1KF wrote:

I think that the (extremist) feminist agenda ironically makes the female look even weaker, requiring them truckloads of social support to emotionally survive. If you want to be taken more seriously as "strong" women, try taking an example from the men and stop complaining about certain small issues that dont even matter in the long run.

Oh, you mean like whining about the rules on a smiley face game?

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 2016-05-11 19:39:51

Insanity

XxAtillaxX wrote:

The insecurity is strong with this one, calm down, there's no need for another Elliot Rodger.

lmao it's easy af tryna find basic chicks who aren't feminists, but this concept of feminism is growing and is a problem srs

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.

#6 2016-05-11 20:00:18

gkaby
Website

ppl can still reproduce without being in relationships

idk

#7 2016-05-11 20:03:49

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

XxAtillaxX wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Oh, you mean like whining about the rules on a smiley face game?

OH DAMN. OH DAMN SOMEBODY GET THAT BOY SOME WATER.

--

on topic: My name is NO my number is NO my sign is NO YOU BETTER LET IT GO.

I think that radical feminism isn't necessarily a good thing. But then again, most ideas that become radicalized dont end up working well for anyone involved.

As for the very idea of feminism as it relates to your bar example- here are some thoughts on that.

If you're looking at it through a 'i gotta get me some sex'-centered lens, you're probably in for some trouble. Walking up to a girl at a bar and trying to pick her up, and just expecting her to faint at your masculine wiles, is weird and shouldn't be considered a reasonable expectation.

Plus, you have to look at how they're probably perceiving you. Bars already are kind of sketchy places. You're probably with a pack of guys, instead of approaching her alone. Chances are you're intoxicated and rowdy.

This won't make a girl feel safe and ready to be swept away.

Also, theres always the possibility that she's just not attracted to you.

They're people too, ya know. They deserve the option to say no to us. With the rise of rape on college campuses, they really can't be too careful. Its a scary world out there, with scary people. Maybe this whole female empowerment movement is a little inconvenient for you, but who knows, it may be (translation- it probably is) necessary for them.

----

I do agree though, that some parts of modern feminism have gotten too extreme. Its way to common for men to be broadly labeled as monsters/rapists/sexual predators.

Now hear me on every level when i say this. I hate invoking the "not all men", 'meninisst' ****. But sweeping generalizations are never, ever a good thing. Just look at Americas current case of Islamophobia. Or literally any stereotype that has come up throughout history. I'm all for strong women, but it doesn't have to be at the expense of the other half of the population.

#8 2016-05-11 20:27:50

Abelysk

Feminism is a result of a self-defense mechanism. For hundreds of years, men have been viewed as superior to women. This may be due to how men develop - men tend to be stronger and larger than women.

This resulted in men thinking they are better than females, simply because they're stronger .

Feminism is made to balance females and males, so there would be no 'dominance'.

#9 2016-05-11 20:30:54, last edited by N1KF (2016-05-11 20:32:19)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kefka wrote:

Feminism is a result of a self-defense mechanism. For hundreds of years, men have been viewed as superior to women. This may be due to how men develop - men tend to be stronger and larger than women.

This resulted in men thinking they are better than females, simply because they're stronger .

Feminism is made to balance females and males, so there would be no 'dominance'.

The problem of this "balance" is that some people are genuinely stubborn enough to keep on with feminism, even if the two genders get pretty balanced. Females nowadays have nearly equal (if not superior) rights, and many social problems females have have equivalents over at the male side. There are exceptions, however, in certain countries. Real "feminists" who want to protect female rights should be more concerned about the females in those countries.

#10 2016-05-11 20:36:00

Abelysk

N1KF wrote:
Kefka wrote:

The problem of this "balance" is that some people are genuinely stubborn enough to keep on with feminism, even if the two genders get pretty balanced. Females nowadays have nearly equal (if not superior) rights, and many social problems females have have equivalents over at the male side.

Men still get payed more than women do
Men have more job opportunities than women

#11 2016-05-11 20:38:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kefka wrote:

Do you have sources to back up these statements?

#12 2016-05-11 20:52:19

Pingohits
Banned

feminism has its radical side like everything else

generally, feminism is simply promoting equality between men and woman. they are usually normal people, and men can be feminists too, as it doesn't involve the person to be a specific gender

on the other hand, we have something dubbed as "feminazism", which is quite literally modern misandry. this is most likely what you are referring to. feminazis look down upon men, and propose the female gender as the superior one. so in short, no, feminism is not destroying our world; feminazism is

also if you search up misandry on google, it gives you an example sentence which explains the type of attitude feminazis have

791mAP8.png

#13 2016-05-11 21:00:39, last edited by N1KF (2016-05-11 21:05:18)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Pingohits wrote:

generally, feminism is simply promoting equality between men and woman. they are usually normal people, and men can be feminists too, as it doesn't involve the person to be a specific gender

How is feminism—a group about helping women—promoting equality? If it indeed includes helping men too, then why is it called "feminism"? While this would be more valid a few decades or centuries ago, the countries you live in probably have pretty equal rights. Certain laws (such as those involving divorce) have biases toward females, so in some ways, females have it better off than men. I think its best that issues from both sides are worked on.

Kefka wrote:

I would like to add that thats been illegal in the United States (if thats what youre referring to) for decades now.

#14 2016-05-11 21:11:55, last edited by Kaslai (2016-05-12 22:31:28)

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Kefka wrote:

Men, on average, do get paid more than women do.
Men, on average, spend more time in the workplace over their lives than women do, and thus have more refined skills and higher seniority, both of which positively impact wages directly.
In the field of mathematics and science, men occupy the vast majority of the 99th percentile in terms of competence and ability. As such, many more men than women pursue high paying jobs in STEM fields where competency is strongly correlated with pay.
Many men also pursue risky avenues for earning money where the potential for reward is much higher than average, but the potential for absolute failure is far worse than most women would want to subject themselves to.

If you control for all of these factors, the wage gap almost entirely disappears.

Kefka wrote:

If you control for the same factors, women actually have more opportunities than men do, since there are a large number of programs intended to place women into jobs in "male dominated" industries, which can often lead to direct sex-based discrimination.
For almost any program which can be used to aid a male, not only can that program also be used to aid a female, but there is also at least one more nearly identical program which is only allowed to help females.

There is also a strong survivor bias at play here. Sure, there are a lot of men who bring in large amounts of money, but for every man who makes 6 figures, there are 10 who are just barely scraping by. Additionally, since women, on average, spend so little time in the workplace, they never get to see the sort of wages that a man who's been working on his career for 50 years will.

Raw averages are lies. They shouldn't be used to make sweeping generalizations.

#15 2016-05-11 21:31:16

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Kaslai wrote:

o have a much wider intelligence range than women do, so the smartest men are smarter than the smartest women

Do you have a source for this??

#16 2016-05-11 22:18:30

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Pyromaniac wrote:

Here's a pretty good study showing the ratio of male:female performance based on standardized tests at the highest percentile of scores. This only validates one end of the bell curve, but it's the important one.

http://tip.duke.edu/about/research/inte … rticle.pdf

#17 2016-05-11 23:58:02

Pingohits
Banned

N1KF wrote:

How is feminism—a group about helping women—promoting equality?

using the old dictionary trick:

google wrote:

FEMINISM: the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

you are correct that feminism does indeed help women, but its helping women earn equal rights towards men.

791mAP8.png

#18 2016-05-12 03:43:46, last edited by Pyromaniac (2016-05-12 03:45:39)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Kaslai wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

Here's a pretty good study showing the ratio of male:female performance based on standardized tests at the highest percentile of scores. This only validates one end of the bell curve, but it's the important one.

http://tip.duke.edu/about/research/inte … rticle.pdf

To be fair, this study is mainly looking at science and mathematical reasoning. There are different kinds of intelligence, so to label men as generally smarter because we may (arguably) be better at a certain kind of reasoning is the same kind of thing that you're railing against in your previous post.

And in the first paragraph it mentions that social influences may be impacting this difference. Just spitballing here, but wouldn't the fact that it wasn't until recently that women were encouraged to pursue interests in the STEM fields have some kind of effect on a 30 year study?

#19 2016-05-12 06:15:17

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Pyromaniac wrote:

To be fair, this study is mainly looking at science and mathematical reasoning.

I figured that the context would sufficiently imply that I was only talking about mathematical and scientific reasoning. I will make it more clear that such were the skills I was talking about, as STEM only really requires that set of skills, and STEM is the only field that feminists complain about.

Pyromaniac wrote:

And in the first paragraph it mentions that social influences may be impacting this difference. Just spitballing here, but wouldn't the fact that it wasn't until recently that women were encouraged to pursue interests in the STEM fields have some kind of effect on a 30 year study?

If you look at the data, the gap closes pretty fast until 1990, after which the ratio stays basically constant at 3-4 for the next 20 years.

#20 2016-05-12 16:13:10

Creature

Pretty sure male dominance is common in the nature.

This is a false statement.

#21 2016-05-12 16:17:11

sthegreat

Generally equality is fine, but people should not go too far. Radicalism and being sexist back is completely hypocritical, but "normal" feminism is fine.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#22 2016-05-12 17:08:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

im fine with the feminists that go for gender equality but this feminazi stuff is just stupid

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#23 2016-05-12 17:16:34

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

PERCENT OF MALES IN FIELDS
WOMEN DON'T MAKE LESS THAN MEN

gLjTZE1.png

#24 2016-05-13 15:39:03

blizzard

#25 2016-05-13 17:01:49

Insanity

lmao good stuff

Pyromaniac1464296838603729

Board footer