Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-24 22:03:06

RhazzleFrazzle

Undertale Mafia game thread

1. All forum rules apply, however spam and multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue, but don't push it.

2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted. No exceptions.

3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.

4. Do not quote someone else's post and edit for misleading purposes.

5. You must stay active and contribute to discussion to stay in the game. If you stay inactive too long, you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours. Earning more than one prod will result in you being replaced or modkilled.

6. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying your night result or what your role is, but don't copy paste an entire role pm.

7. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

8. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.

9. You may not talk about the game with other players through any means not approved by the moderator. This includes dead players. No exceptions.

10. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.

11. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.

12. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

If you have any questions you can pm me or post in this thread, however keep in mind that questions relating to the current game I will likely not be able to answer, so only ask about game mechanics.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2016-04-25 23:56:45

Bobithan

Re: Undertale Mafia game thread

hey can we like, skip the day 1 funposting somehow? lets start some actual productive conversation, like a wild accusation against smitty for pretending he doesn't know the mafia count. whats up with that smitty??

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#3 2016-04-26 00:00:12

Bobithan

solid defense; carry on

aka towwl

#4 2016-04-26 13:50:03

Bobithan

I guess he got alphys https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Also why do people still think that day 1 is useless for lynching. Most of this game is reading people's alliances just by their posts; not game mechanics. Even in role madness, reading is most of the game. Day 1 is just as valid as any other, if not more.

aka towwl

#5 2016-04-26 19:41:00

Bobithan

My "opportunistic attack" was an attempt at starting some early conversation and skipping the dumb funposting phase. Sadly it didn't work to well and I don't have any reads as barely anything has happened yet. Not even everybody has posted yet, be patient

(Also don't make so many posts in a row it's actually pretty annoying, even if not against the rules. I know you're on mobile but you can just as easily select all, copy, and paste.)

aka towwl

#6 2016-04-26 22:05:25

Bobithan

chara is a bad character in undertale so luka is saying that if u get chara u are automatically mafia even though the flavor doesnt matter in the slightest. let the flavor be flavor, guys.

aka towwl

#7 2016-04-27 14:21:10

Bobithan

AlphaJon wrote:

so I guessed mafia didn't have access to the term

I would reckon they got some flavor in their quicktopic or whatever saying "eliminate the pacifists" or something along those lines, honestly, but it's a nice try anyways. I still have you on a strong town lean if not just for your seemingly careless attitude in the game, and, more importantly, your assertion that the town roles are mostly limited in use. You could just be theorizing but I'll assume you're guessing that because you have an x use town role yourself.

JaWapa's random vote was weird and I still don't quite understand it, but I don't know if we're supposed to and it was just another conversation starter. I doubt as mafia he'd do something like that though, it just seems silly.

Zumza is really pushing hard against Alpha just for his interest in the game's flavor that has no bearing on the game's mechanics and is even explicitly stated to be useless. I wouldn't put it past Zumza to take advantage of a non-opportunity for a mislynch, but it might just be him being dense.

Luka's assertion on JaWapa and Alpha's relationship in the game is pretty baseless but as of now I think Luka is a slight town lean just from how he's acting.

Calicara isn't usually this active in scum hunting, especially on day 1. She does seem to be helping with discussion but this is a pretty big difference from how she usually plays as town.

so those are my thoughts. Everybody else I don't really have an opinion on either because nothing stuck out to me or they just haven't been posting.

aka towwl

#8 2016-04-27 17:25:34

Bobithan

Creature I literally just posted some thoughts on a few people

aka towwl

#9 2016-04-27 17:38:16

Bobithan

Fair enough; I won't use reads as a defense

aka towwl

#10 2016-04-27 18:02:35

Bobithan

That's because I have a deep personal fear of being wrong, so I lay out all possibilities for the smarter people to determine one way or the other. Should I reserve all my thoughts to myself in a game like this just because I haven't come to a hard conclusion? No, I'll speak my mind, and doing so doesn't require me or anybody else to definitively say whether somebody is scum or town, which is what you're suggesting here. Do you want me to make pretty colored posts of leanings or do you want me to give my thoughts on players and their possible motivations? Not to mention half of your rephrases are putting words in my mouth which I really shouldn't even bother to correct

aka towwl

#11 2016-04-27 18:29:49

Bobithan

This game isn't formal enough to warrant me to construct some sort of table for you to understand where my observation and analysis lie. I'm just posting my thoughts. Not to mention, there is absolutely no harm in bringing up that a player tends to act a certain way despite alignment as you are trying to imply here.

Sorry for trying to contribute, I guess I just won't say anything next time.

aka towwl

#12 2016-04-27 21:17:28

Bobithan

Zumza wrote:

Aren't mafia members supposed to talk to each others only at night?

What are you talking about?

aka towwl

#13 2016-04-27 21:35:00

Bobithan

Reading into somebody's attitude with knowledge on their personality and how they act in games is a valid reason to read somebody... It's not reliable, just like all other methods, but it is worth looking at.

aka towwl

#14 2016-04-27 21:38:55

Bobithan

I'm pretty sure when maxi said "there was a post somewhere" he's probably talking about post-game discussion, a comment on IRC, a mafiascum wiki comment, or something like that. He's making observations about how mafia tends to play in any game, like the assertion that when scum post read lists they usually put one of their own as a scum lean. Let's not get worked up about silly things like that, I really doubt that is a slip.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#15 2016-04-27 21:55:01

Bobithan

@cali I was saying its not a bad idea to read based on personality, based on how ppl usually play. Tom acting like Tom is a lot different than Jan acting like Tom. It is worth looking into, it shouldn't be completely ignored.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#16 2016-04-29 17:50:03

Bobithan

maxi just don't even bother with creature. You've been fine imo, I don't even understand what he is getting at. I don't even see what's wrong about talking about theory in a game where not much has even happened in 300 posts

aka towwl

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2016-04-29 21:41:35

Bobithan

AlphaJon wrote:

What's your opinion on the Creature v JaWapa thing?

I think there's a good chance that JaWapa is town and I would feel uneasy lynching him. JaWapa just seems to be nubby to me, not scummy, and people are really reading into that nubbiness. I'd reckon JaWapa would be more careful as a mafia member. Creature especially, which we see with pretty much all of his reads (like the maxi fluff accusation). I always liked to think Creature was a bit above this, but as of now it really seems like he's using his "clout" as a mafia player in this community to push a lynch like proc did in game 7.

tldr i think its a higher chance that creature is maf than jawapa

and thanks for asking me a question because I don't know when to butt in otherwise. There's just too much for me to take in and most of it doesn't seem very useful at all honestly.

Also, I'm not saying either Zumza or Bimps are not mafia, but both of those players are very scapegoat-y as potential targets and I wouldn't put it past marco to go after those two like he just did before this post to possibly start a train.

aka towwl

#18 2016-04-29 21:43:10

Bobithan

@marco did you just claim an investigative role?

aka towwl

#19 2016-04-29 22:10:46

Bobithan

AlphaJon wrote:

I'm right in the middle of those phases where you just want to stop tracking everything and have it end. The game is going in every possible direction, and it's insanely hard to keep track.

this is how i feel all the time in mafia. every time i sign up like "this time ill be on top of things" and then i lose track immediately ;_;

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

Also where is Bobithan, Chara and EvilBunny?

what are you talking about i am here and posting

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

Also I only said to lynch Bimps because he is on my suspicious list.
Btw, Ive been reading more and Zumza isn't genocide for me anymore.

You havent really given great reasons on why you thought Bimps and Zumza were mafia in the first place, but now you're giving even less a reason to back off. Is that because you realized you've tried to start a mislynch train with no fuel?

im so confused. maybe I'll pulling a creature now and reading into nothing

aka towwl

#20 2016-04-30 22:21:19

Bobithan

I honestly truly do not think that JaWapa is mafia and I'm not going to hammer a mislynch. I would rather not lynch at all than lose a town for no reason on day 1, and I'm pretty sure JaWapa is town. This started out with him trying to get a reaction from Alpha in a dumb way and it just snowballed from there. This entire train is dumb and baseless, I don't get why it got this far.

aka towwl

#21 2016-05-03 13:07:02

Bobithan

why are we acting like Jawapa is 1000% mafia now? Luka being town doesn't automatically make him right. I'm honestly not sold on this Jawapa thing still.

aka towwl

#22 2016-05-03 13:43:59

Bobithan

Zumza wrote:

He had to die yesterday I don't care what is he. If that is not enough JaWapa also undermined 7 persons authority by not saying his role. Why wouldn't he say his role on L-1?! We can't trust him no matter what role he has.

This is eerily similar to the post that got Luka lynched in game 6. You are making no sense at all, we don't lynch people for being useless or annoying, we lynch them for being mafia, and I don't think Jawapa is mafia

aka towwl

#23 2016-05-03 14:06:52

Bobithan

You're getting ahead of yourself, Zumza. You're basically saying you're fine with seeing town hang at this point ("He had to die yesterday I don't care what is he."), going so far as to say to lynch anybody who decided not to hammer JaWapa. These are all non-reasons, you're being needlessly aggressive. I can't help but see scum intentions behind that at this point.

I'm still yet to be swayed into thinking JaWapa is scum--all I saw yesterday was a mob getting out of hand for little to no reason. If somebody can point to me to evidence stating otherwise I'd love you to, but right now I don't think JaWapa is the best target.

aka towwl

#24 2016-05-03 22:09:24

Bobithan

AlphaJon wrote:

Also I believe everyone has a different role, so unless you're the undertale equivalent of a Jack of All Trades, noone else should be able to reveal an investigate result

Onjit and Luka were the same role https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

aka towwl

#25 2016-05-04 21:19:28

Bobithan

DON'T HAMMER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE GIVE ME A SECOND

aka towwl

RhazzleFrazzle1464542077604082

Board footer