Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-24 22:03:06

RhazzleFrazzle

Undertale Mafia game thread

1. All forum rules apply, however spam and multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue, but don't push it.

2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted. No exceptions.

3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.

4. Do not quote someone else's post and edit for misleading purposes.

5. You must stay active and contribute to discussion to stay in the game. If you stay inactive too long, you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours. Earning more than one prod will result in you being replaced or modkilled.

6. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying your night result or what your role is, but don't copy paste an entire role pm.

7. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

8. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.

9. You may not talk about the game with other players through any means not approved by the moderator. This includes dead players. No exceptions.

10. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.

11. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.

12. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

If you have any questions you can pm me or post in this thread, however keep in mind that questions relating to the current game I will likely not be able to answer, so only ask about game mechanics.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2016-04-26 07:19:47

AlphaJon

Re: Undertale Mafia game thread

Onjit wrote:
Kaslai wrote:

Well it's probably a bastard game, so we're all citizens, right?

no

all jesters

Lynch me pls

#3 2016-04-26 11:39:06

AlphaJon

Zumza wrote:

Does this time involves time travel?

Does this game involves game travel?

#4 2016-04-26 11:48:17

AlphaJon

Onjit wrote:
AlphaJon wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Does this time involves time travel?

Does this game involves game travel?

Does this time involve game travel?

Does this travel involve game time?

#5 2016-04-26 11:55:22

AlphaJon

Btw what are your characters? Mine is Toriel and I am a Pacifist.

Also:

Onjit wrote:

tumblr_inline_nszlq4Z2FF1qawtfi_500.jpg

Right.
!vote AlphaJon

#6 2016-04-26 12:00:13

AlphaJon

Luka504 wrote:
AlphaJon wrote:

Btw what are your characters? Mine is Toriel and I am a Pacifist

Smells like role fishing.
Delicious.

Wat? Characters are unrelated to roles.

#7 2016-04-26 12:07:24

AlphaJon

That would be too easy, if you could link character to role. And having a  character would be useless if you can't do anything with it except show it on death.

#8 2016-04-26 12:18:45

AlphaJon

Luka504 wrote:

Alpha my rolecard with its ability does indeed describe what my character can do.
Meaning that if someone were to say their role, you can link possible abilities to that character.
MEANING the mafia will get a leg up.

Ok, if you can tell me what my role is, you win this argument.
But don't forget this:

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Note that flavor will not allow you to solve the game. Making arguments about someone's alignment based on flavor won't work.

#9 2016-04-26 16:30:28

AlphaJon

So, what are your characters? Might as well put in some roleplay //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#10 2016-04-26 18:21:28

AlphaJon

Zumza wrote:

Fine. Would you like to start?

A few posts earlier:

AlphaJon wrote:

Btw what are your characters? Mine is Toriel

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Looked at the wiki, she seems nice, apart from the "I kinda want to keep you there" part of it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#11 2016-04-26 20:27:20

AlphaJon

Rhaz made himself the setup, and I'm sure he wouldn't make it that easy to guess roles from the characters. He says he's not a good player, but what I'm sure is that he's a good host in general.
Btw do we even know the Genocide count? My guess is 4, but I don't have the slightest idea.
So far, this is what I noticed:
Luka504 isn't making obvious scumslips so far like game 6. He learned his lesson, I suppose. I wouln't look much into his last sentence, I'm almost sure he's referring to game 6. But if you learn his way of speaking, you'll quickly notice he makes weird sentences all the time, add in some misunderstanding ("role fishing" to cite only one example) and he will look scummy no matter what. He got instalynched game 7, remember? He still gotta explain me his Chara thing, though.
The Creature-Calicara thing is a bit particular. I can't tell much from it.
Apart from Bobithan trying to kill the D1 fun, I don't consider his first post suspicious. Smitty interpreted it as a joke, and so am I.
That's it for now, most people didn't post yet
Smitty made a relecant post also

#12 2016-04-26 20:28:35

AlphaJon

Whoops my post had some out of place text I forgot to finish lel

#13 2016-04-26 20:30:37

AlphaJon

Also, Zumza, you're wrong about your role guesses.
What's with that Chara = Genocide hype? Roles aren't related -.-

#14 2016-04-26 22:53:56

AlphaJon

JaWapa wrote:

!vote AlphaJon

You're coming out of nowhere just to make a vote. Please, it's as if you didn't do anything.

Evilbunny wrote:

Start roleplaying and I quit.

Was a joke. I don't have the slightest idea about undertale. I'm feeding off the wiki //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

That said,
!vote marcoantonimsantos
^ Wake up, you didn't post anything yet, and I won't remove the vote until you post something meaningful.

#15 2016-04-27 07:34:02

AlphaJon

I'm on a mobile, so there will be no quote tags, because selecting text is a pain.
Now, for jawapa:
My point is that your first post could have been more than just "!vote".
Yes, my self-vote was obviously a joke one, if you look back at the contextI'm sure you'll understand it.
Also, my vote on marco is temporary, and I highly doubt he'll get lynched. Now, should he not post anything by the end of game day, I will keep my vote because inactive people don't help in anyway. Actually, inactives are counterproductive.
Àlso, the vote on me from Onjit is also a joke vote, or at least random.I'm almost sure of that.

Luka504: why are you saying that jawapa pacifist implies me scummy, or him scum imlies me pacifist? As far as I can tell, there is no link between us.

#16 2016-04-27 12:10:01

AlphaJon

Zumza wrote:

Just by that sentence you turned Calicara and Luka into him which appears to look like a manipulation.

I didn't turn anyone into anyone. I don't control people's minds.

Zumza wrote:

Very intrigued into finding characters. He said "that would be too easy, if you could link character to role" and ""characters are unrelated to roles" ". Thought I believe everyone of us has their role close to the characters ability / appearance / personality. Why wouldn't he know that?

I was just trying to actually play with the flavor, but I got it. Let's bury the whole Undertale part of it and just play a regular town/mafia game.

-- Onjit's post:

Onjit wrote:

Bobithan
- instead of adding to the discussion, just talks about how much he wants discussion to take place

Kinda right, but he did post something relevant at one point.

Onjit wrote:

Zumza
- tries to meta the characters
- says that his role makes him feel awkward
- finds alphajon's claim odd

The fact that he believes the characters are role-related, in addition to the second point, makes me believe he has a role he does not wish to become known.
I find the 3rd point odd, I just said my character name, and it doesn't mean anything.

Onjit wrote:

Maxi123
- makes a few meaningless posts
- can't even joe peschi

I dunno

Onjit wrote:

JaWapa
- makes one post to try to jump on an empty wagon
- has a real bad defense
- got bad vibes

I agree that his first post was out of place(I'd say the same if he voted anyone else). But I don't consider it necessarily as bad vibes. He could explain it better though.

Onjit wrote:

Calicara
- posts make sense
- seems to be on point with her accusations
- getting a good feeling

Yes, yes, and dunno. She does seem to play the usual way, so I'm going on the positive side too.

Onjit wrote:

Creature
- can u like not make multiple posts in a row it's really annoying
- salty af
- aggressively townish

Nothing to say here, you're on point. I'd still be careful at the last point, though. Processor was agressively townish last game too, it didn't prevent him from being mafia.

Onjit wrote:

AlphaJon
- roleclaims early with a town role
- switches between saying characters are meaningless to saying that they are important

Sorry mate, but you're wrong on both points here.
I claimed a CHARACTER, not a ROLE. And you're not the only one to mix them up. I swear that I'd copypaste my character description without the role if I could.
I never said characters are important. They are here for the flavor, but apparently noone likes the flavor.
Hey Rhaz, what about removing the flavor? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Onjit wrote:

Onjit
- critisises others for not posting much
- doesn't post much
- what a cool guy amirite

I really like the mix of the 1st and 2nd point //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
3rd makes me jealous

Onjit wrote:

Luka504
- scrub a dub dub luka's a nub
- i think he's just trying to meta the characters (and what he said makes sense imo)
- his way of speaking is pretty agressive at times but i feel pretty confident
- good vibes

1st is right. 2nd too, even though I proved him metaing characters is useless. 3rd is just his wording which makes it seem so (@Luka504: Be careful if you use irony!).
4th I agree.

Also you forgot to include //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink and https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/ea/089_bruce in the scale

--

Some other stuff:

My guess is that character roles are indeed unrelated, but it happens that for some players, the role actually make sense to the characters, by randomness probably, which is why people like Zumza and Luka504 are meta-ing the characters.

#17 2016-04-27 12:29:17

AlphaJon

marcoantonimsantos wrote:
AlphaJon wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

!vote AlphaJon

You're coming out of nowhere just to make a vote. Please, it's as if you didn't do anything.

Evilbunny wrote:

Start roleplaying and I quit.

Was a joke. I don't have the slightest idea about undertale. I'm feeding off the wiki //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

That said,
!vote marcoantonimsantos
^ Wake up, you didn't post anything yet, and I won't remove the vote until you post something meaningful.

Hi

Sorry yesterday I've been really busy with school stuff and today I'll be busy with other stuff.

But here is a hi, I guess.
I need to read the whole game yet, brb.

Right, I forgot.
!unvote

Some general tips for everyone, especially those who didn't post much yet:
Read carefully. You don't want to have someone against you just because you misunderstood something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Reread every post you write before you post it. You don't want to have someone against you just because they misunderstood something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Try to single out relevant stuff. So you don't end up looking the not-so-relevant stuff when reading, and end up forgetting the useful things.
Don't be shy to express your opinions about everyone. Communication is key.
For everyone who has posted a minimum, try to look at the posts from both point of views. Some posts may look scummy, but if you actually look it from the scum side, they don't make sense anymore.
Do not make too many assumptions. Because someone looks townish at one point, doesn't mean you can trust anything (s)he says afterwards. Also do not disregard any possibility. You never know what twists can happen, especially from an organised Mafia.
This one Rhaz told me: Sometimes one-liners are more relevant than walls of text. As such, do not consider big posts as speaking some universal truth. Try to say everything you want to say, in a precise and consice way, as to get your point across more easily.

#18 2016-04-27 12:45:57

AlphaJon

Zumza wrote:

As you comment I understand that you want me to answer it.

This is what you basically said in earlier posts:
"role ~= character" and "my character = awkward". I'm just pointing out that you yourself consider your role as awkward. That's all. I just don't know how to interpret that.

Zumza wrote:

Like proving I am a coward.

No. I'm not going to force anyone here to reveal his/her role, unless required. So this isn't going to happen D1.

Zumza wrote:

While you want to be the bravest and let us know theres nothing you fell threaten by at night.

Tbh unless someone protects me, I expect to die within the first 3 nights.

Now, this is just a wild guess, but considering the fact that everyone has a role, I believe a good part of us have "you can do that X times" roles. Because imagine if everyone had persistent roles. Sheriff+doctor combo coming back again? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#19 2016-04-27 13:48:46

AlphaJon

Onjit wrote:

This is what I meant, you claiming to be town.

Oh, that. Yeah, I said I'm Toriel, but in itself, it doesn't do much.
I mentioned the Pacifist thing because the term isn't included anywhere in Rhaz's post, only in role PMs, so I guessed mafia didn't have access to the term. I know well everyone here can claim town, obviously, so you shouldn't look much into it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#20 2016-04-27 19:13:34

AlphaJon

I put everything in a spoiler for readability, because it's huuuge.

Hidden text

I may make a TL;DR if requested

#21 2016-04-27 19:30:26

AlphaJon

Luka504 wrote:

I am not scum reading you for guessing Chara is in the scum team, I am scum reading you for the way you interacted with the AlphaJon vs Jawapa.
Im not talking about the Chara incident, im talking about (jawapa being a paci = alpha being scum) being wrong. Yeah that is pretty dumb.

Well, make it more clear then. We can't guess what's in your mind. You're also kinda backtracking here.

Luka504 wrote:

And? Honestly you two seem pretty much on opposite sides. Still this doesnt seem that worthy to put her in scale 2 of ,,scumminess,,

I wouldn't put much thought into that. They are probably going to be against each other until the end game.

Luka504 wrote:

His attack on AlphaJon was pretty weak, but it's his vote, he based off something.
I noticed he justified it was to question AlphaJon, which is a valid reason

I thought this was intended for JaWapa, not you. I find it weird that you felt the need to defend yourself on this. (??)

Luka504 wrote:

Calm down then.
NEVAR

Yes you should. You're going to be lynched again if you stay aggressive. And it will be your fault.

#22 2016-04-27 19:42:50

AlphaJon

^ This doesn't make sense.

Luka504 wrote:

Though the part of jawapa geno = inno alpha  is still standing.

No. You can't make a link between him and me just because of a vote. I still encourage you to give SEPARATE reads, though.

Luka504 wrote:

- Both Jawapa and Alpha are genos.
Why would Jawapa, while Alpha seemed pretty townish, vote for him? Seems a bit illogical for a mafia member to vote for another mafia member no?

Because if we were both Genocides, that would be a (kinda bad) way to clear one of us from the scuminess.

Luka504 wrote:

The most logical scenario would be that Jawapa is a mafia member who saw a chance of starting a bandwagon on someone innocent, in this case Alpha.

You don't start a wagon with a post consisting solely of a !vote

Luka504 wrote:

Why would a townie vote for another (presumed) townie?

Because townies don't know who the other townies are?

The rest I think I already explained.

Wooted by:

#23 2016-04-27 22:36:30

AlphaJon

I want Pyromaniac to post
I would also like to have Evilbunny, Kaslai, Bimps and marcoantonimsantos post more (maybe Onjit too?)

Note: There are posts I don't quote but still agree with. You can tell by the woots. This helps shorten my posts and avoid the "quote followed by agree" repetition.

Bimps wrote:

!vote Luka504
your only real defense is how you were mislynched in mafia 7. hint hint, roles are RNG, so that means nigh nothing

This is a rather weak argument for voting someone. You're also coming out of nowhere. I don't like this. Actually even less than JaWapa.

Creature wrote:

AlphaJon looks obvious because I know he's less talkative in his scum games, he's also focused on sorting the game, another thing he'd do as town, while his scum game would be more noise.

I just happened to have lots of free time today to spend on mafia, which i didn't in my previous games (Game 7 was OK, but I had Processor on my back, which cancelled it out lel)

Creature wrote:

!vote marcoantonimsantos

Why are you so inactive? I expected you to be engaging Luka504 already.

I already did the same, he said he'll post by tomorrow.

#24 2016-04-28 12:26:02

AlphaJon

I'd like to bring attention to this:

Bimps wrote:

!vote Luka504
your only real defense is how you were mislynched in mafia 7. hint hint, roles are RNG, so that means nigh nothing

So far, nooone said anything about it. This is basically the same as JaWapa, except with a less valid reason. There is also the fact that he didn't post anything else after that.

Also, here is my readlist. i'm not accurately placing the inactives because it will serve no purpose.

^ Towny
Bobithan
Calicara
--
Zumza, Creature
Luka504 //I am contemplating putting him with or below the true neutrals, though
- Neutral
Evilbunny, Maxi123
Kaslai, Onjit //True neutrals stand here
SmittyW
- Neutral
JaWapa
Bimps
--
The inactives (not posting isn't scummy, but I'm willing to have them lynched if they stay inactive, my guess is that at 2 of them are scum)
--
Rhaz (You know why //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink Hint: Salad-related)
v Scummy

-- Means there is a gap

Note: you should take this scale lightly. This isn't a reference in any way.

#25 2016-04-28 22:21:21

AlphaJon

I don't agree with the nolynching part at all. How is mafia supposed to die without lynches? Some probable vigilante kills? We all have different opinions, which also mean that vigilantes aren't necessarily the ones who will get it right for the rest of the town to wait for stuff to happen.

RhazzleFrazzle1464542077604082

Board footer