Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-24 00:43:51, last edited by Kira (2016-04-24 00:58:21)

Kira

Ee

Do you think Everybodyedits has its chance to become popular amongst all of the other games?

I personally think that switches / team doors and all those complicated things ruined the game itself (aswell as the invisible content).

What do you think about that?

#2 2016-04-24 00:45:20

Bimps

Re: Ee

ok creature/maxi/ever foreigner that cannot english on the forum, calm down

#3 2016-04-24 01:02:23, last edited by AmdS (2016-04-24 01:03:08)

AmdS
Website

Kira wrote:

I personally think that switches / team doors and all those complicated things ruined the game itself (aswell as the invisible content).

Dude, switches and team doors are pretty good to make an minigame or a puzzle.

How could they have ruined the game?

#4 2016-04-24 01:02:46

Lictor666

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!
This topic editing Kira, this should be against rules x)

Wooted by:

#5 2016-04-24 01:07:25, last edited by Kira (2016-04-24 01:11:20)

Kira

Lictor666 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!
This topic editing Kira, this should be against rules x)

dN3u8YR.png

#6 2016-04-24 01:22:45

Pingohits
Banned

honestly i think portals are harder to understand than switches

when i joined EE in 2011 i didnt fully understand them until mid-2012

as of now, the general audience prefer something action-packed, which explains why many shooter games are popular
EE is very casual, and in 2011, i invited some of my friends to play it, and most of them said they didn't understand the point of the game

some people would probably appreciate it, but the majority would pass

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#7 2016-04-24 01:52:18

Insanity

Kira is this another one of your topic editing trolls

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#8 2016-04-24 02:19:00

Lictor666

I'm a team fan, so I'll defend my loves.
(I'm speaking about using them in hard - extreme minigames)
You are against team for what reasons ?

"That's simplify the way to fix exploits, you use it if you are a lazy builder, lol noob." It's the same with one ways and portals no ? (I don't speak about one way portal which is the winning combo of laziness if I follow what my imagination you said) That is just another style of minis, if you work correctly on the minigame design to don't have a messy result you aren't that lazy. The goal is just to don't spam team blocks everywhere or that'll just loose the player, there's a limit to not cross (or to smash with a hammer to make minigames which change completly when you hit a team color, like 3 minigames in 1).

"This is just a noob way to make minigames longer lol." If you want to make a minigame longer you just repeat it without team blocks. But team can make the same result smaller and more impressive for the player. I like making mini where you have to go take the team and then go back and the door is openned. It's just a plus for the gameplay to me, not really harder or easier to make.

"If you are a true minimaker you can do what you are making with team blocks without." Now stop imaginary Kira ! You are just saying pointless things about team without reasons. You just don't like this new generation of minigames because yes finally it's became easier for "new" player to maker hard - extreme minis. Even if they use team for defaults my imagination made you say, it's easier for them to create minigames with a nice concept and they progress in minigames creation. Yes Kira, I understood why you don't like team, you don't want to see new players improve their building skills, you are afraid Kira. I know it Kira. You are afraid.

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2016-04-24 02:40:39

Prodigy

Well there is little chance that it will if there is no Unity/Steam update because most of us might have started to play this game just by random or by recommendation but if it were to be on Steam then this might open a new world in the EEconomy which will make this game more popular thus bringing a whole lot of EE merchandise to the world.

The Merchandise could help spread the news about this game and that video of what EE is about that was made by RPGMaster could be the 1 step to making EE popular. We know that, that video is on youtube and if some of us people have a channel and makes videos at a frequent rate we could be the people that make this game popular. Some people want to make the Bruce T-Shirts and that could be possible if you have a lot of supporters and a trusted site that could help with that. I know that a long while back people suggested the EE Gift Cards that this would make more merchandise into EE.

Steam is one of the biggest video game companies that could help us become what we want to become and that is popular. Sure that we might get a whole lot of noobs than the ones we got right now. I was the nub before but look, I have been well adjusted here and everybody else in EE that has there own "reputation in EE." Also the things we do in EE could help us share the qualities we got like Art and the minigames. The art and minigames we share with others at School, College, Work could help us make this game "Boom."

Lol I don't know why I took this so seriously but this might help a little //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

h0qIF0q.png

#10 2016-04-24 02:45:36, last edited by Kira (2016-04-24 02:51:47)

Kira

Lictor666 wrote:

I'm a team fan, so I'll defend my loves.
(I'm speaking about using them in hard - extreme minigames)
You are against team for what reasons ?

"That's simplify the way to fix exploits, you use it if you are a lazy builder, lol noob." It's the same with one ways and portals no ? (I don't speak about one way portal which is the winning combo of laziness if I follow what my imagination you said) That is just another style of minis, if you work correctly on the minigame design to don't have a messy result you aren't that lazy. The goal is just to don't spam team blocks everywhere or that'll just loose the player, there's a limit to not cross (or to smash with a hammer to make minigames which change completly when you hit a team color, like 3 minigames in 1).

"This is just a noob way to make minigames longer lol." If you want to make a minigame longer you just repeat it without team blocks. But team can make the same result smaller and more impressive for the player. I like making mini where you have to go take the team and then go back and the door is openned. It's just a plus for the gameplay to me, not really harder or easier to make.

"If you are a true minimaker you can do what you are making with team blocks without." Now stop imaginary Kira ! You are just saying pointless things about team without reasons. You just don't like this new generation of minigames because yes finally it's became easier for "new" player to maker hard - extreme minis. Even if they use team for defaults my imagination made you say, it's easier for them to create minigames with a nice concept and they progress in minigames creation. Yes Kira, I understood why you don't like team, you don't want to see new players improve their building skills, you are afraid Kira. I know it Kira. You are afraid.

Thank you for answering Lictor, and I shall now answer you now. I have nothing against team doors and switches, don't get me wrong, but quite honestly I feel weird about using them, everytime I see a switch in a level I have that weird feeling It's going to be a complicated level with not much of thinking from the player.
I played 10 levels in a row like 2 weeks ago, 5 old school levels and 5 totally new levels using these features (Old levels = no switches and not even bgs) well let me tell you that: My enjoyment was one-sided here. Old levels totally took over the new levels and to be honest I never had so much fun in a while.

Using team doors or switches in a minigame feels weird and doesn't feels right for me, probably because I'm an oldschooler. New players probably never played those old levels like we did and that's why they are using team doors, switches and INVISIBLE content, it's the Everybodyedits they've always played.

While judging spring levels, there was probably 50% of levels literally spamming invisible stuff inside their minigames making them completely unplayable. And I can't recognize everybodyedits there. I can't recognize the EE I've always known, if you want to hear my opinion about spring levels, well.. It was a dissapointment. I'm not blaming the creators, I'm blaming how the game generally turned out. Switches, Team Doors and Invisible content make the game simplier and better you say? No. It makes it worse, and by a lot.

A lot of old gen have been screaming "return old times", if you take a closer approach, you can those old gens want to have fun without all those complicated systems with spikes effects invisible blocks portals switches team doors etc etc.. Most of people will probably disagree with me and that's fine, everyone has its own point of view and opinion on the subject.

It saddens me how this game turned out.

#11 2016-04-24 03:27:39

Kirby

team doors are for lazy people who dont want to actually fix exploits

#12 2016-04-24 04:52:12

Kirby wrote:

I am horrible at making minis and I found this offensive

#13 2016-04-24 04:55:25

Kirby

0176 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

I am horrible at making minis and I found this offensive

I am horrible at making art and I find you offensive

oooo

#14 2016-04-24 04:59:23

Xfrogman43

Kirby wrote:

thats why pro levels have team doors *cough* I crew Persian peril *cough*

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#15 2016-04-24 07:02:01

Gosha

Kira wrote:

what did you say?

#16 2016-04-24 13:14:09

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Pingohits wrote:

honestly i think portals are harder to understand than switches

when i joined EE in 2011 i didnt fully understand them until mid-2012

as of now, the general audience prefer something action-packed, which explains why many shooter games are popular
EE is very casual, and in 2011, i invited some of my friends to play it, and most of them said they didn't understand the point of the game

some people would probably appreciate it, but the majority would pass

I still have problems figuring out how to use portals :>

trump's forehead is brighter than my whole future
if i had one

#17 2016-04-24 13:23:47

Gosha

CatoniC wrote:

I still have problems figuring out how to use portals :>

Why?! it is so easy to use

We need help page on every single action block for new players.

#18 2016-04-24 13:24:39

nlmdejonge

Kira wrote:

Do you think Everybodyedits has its chance to become popular amongst all of the other games?

The number of platform games on Steam is roughly 700. The number of platform games on Steam with multiplayer roughly 70. Then if you look at such games that allow for user-generated levels, you are at roughly 7. There's almost no competition. Most of those 7 aren't even any good; not cross-platform either. There are plenty of games with user-generated content, but not all allow users to create levels, and almost none of these games are multiplayer platformers. Very few multiplayer platformers allow more than four players per level. EE really is quite unique, it stands out from the rest, which might be one of the reasons it will become popular amongst all of the other games.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by: (2)

#19 2016-04-24 13:59:34

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

^continuing from that post- but in order for it to become popular, we need (or the mods need) to focus on social media/advertising. I realize that this takes money, but I remember talk of their being a mod position specifically created to figure out ways to get EE out there. As it is now, we are basically living in a vacuum.

Wooted by:

#20 2016-04-24 14:04:10, last edited by Insanity (2016-04-24 14:09:34)

Insanity

I enjoyed this game because of the simplicity in concept, where you'd just take a few different blocks and then create something spectacular with them. The game has come to the point where there are so many different blocks and mechanics that the challenge is not to make something complex, but to make something simple while incorporating all of the blocks.

The classic style mini-games with basic arrows, simple platform jumps, and nothing more, are the minis I love to play and thoroughly enjoy them when I do play them, but minis with switches/team doors etc, start to annoy me after I play about 2 of them. Even as far as art is concerned, the fact that people are moving away from minimap art, is honestly a really sad thing to see (allowing people to disable minimap was partly the cause of this).

Making a level in the "golden era" of EE was difficult not only because of limited resources, but because the limited blocks forced you to use artistic skills to create some sort of theme. Now, we have decorations, super intricate backgrounds, multiple blocks of the same shade that cause players to be very lazy, and just abuse those to create a theme inside a level.

Minimap art is probably the hardest aspect of the game, because it's something that really cannot be learned, you just need the level of creativity, and inherent art talent to be able to apply it to EE. It's something that separated the best players from good players. Nowadays, addition of new blocks moved "art" to the much easier and more commonly accepted "in-game" art, which allows any player to make half-decent art, and half-decent minigames and people tell them their level was "good".

For those of you in denial of this, look at the spring contest submissions, and compare them to the to submissions for the Easter Contest and Halloween Contest. The quality of gameplay and art has dropped significantly and it's not because of the lack of players.

But, it seems to me that most of the community enjoys this more, probably because most of the old players do not play anymore, so the game will probably continue to grow. I don't think EE will ever be as popular as a game like Minecraft or League of Legends, but it definitely has potential to be a lot more popular than it is right now.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#21 2016-04-24 15:09:08

Sensei1

Making minimap art is easier than ever because of all the new blocks, and I find it a lot easier than ingame art. The real challenge would be combining those two I guess //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#22 2016-04-24 16:01:01

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i dont see whats the problem with new stuff, it allows many new kinds of worlds, minigames and contraptions

Bimps wrote:

ok creature/maxi/ever foreigner that cannot english on the forum, calm down

also wtf is this

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#23 2016-04-24 16:56:06

Nou

Insanity wrote:

I enjoyed this game because of the simplicity in concept, where you'd just take a few different blocks and then create something spectacular with them. The game has come to the point where there are so many different blocks and mechanics that the challenge is not to make something complex, but to make something simple while incorporating all of the blocks.

The classic style mini-games with basic arrows, simple platform jumps, and nothing more, are the minis I love to play and thoroughly enjoy them when I do play them, but minis with switches/team doors etc, start to annoy me after I play about 2 of them. Even as far as art is concerned, the fact that people are moving away from minimap art, is honestly a really sad thing to see (allowing people to disable minimap was partly the cause of this).

Making a level in the "golden era" of EE was difficult not only because of limited resources, but because the limited blocks forced you to use artistic skills to create some sort of theme. Now, we have decorations, super intricate backgrounds, multiple blocks of the same shade that cause players to be very lazy, and just abuse those to create a theme inside a level.

Minimap art is probably the hardest aspect of the game, because it's something that really cannot be learned, you just need the level of creativity, and inherent art talent to be able to apply it to EE. It's something that separated the best players from good players. Nowadays, addition of new blocks moved "art" to the much easier and more commonly accepted "in-game" art, which allows any player to make half-decent art, and half-decent minigames and people tell them their level was "good".

For those of you in denial of this, look at the spring contest submissions, and compare them to the to submissions for the Easter Contest and Halloween Contest. The quality of gameplay and art has dropped significantly and it's not because of the lack of players.

But, it seems to me that most of the community enjoys this more, probably because most of the old players do not play anymore, so the game will probably continue to grow. I don't think EE will ever be as popular as a game like Minecraft or League of Legends, but it definitely has potential to be a lot more popular than it is right now.

I don't entirely agree. When the game was new, there were more concepts left unexplored. After years of thousands of people trying new stuff, more and more things have already been done and have become more common, making them less exciting and fresh.

Without the addition of new mechanics the game would have been quite boring. As I said, I don't entirely agree. I find that we need to keep things basic when we can. This is why some super-advanced stuff won't be added to the game, perhaps unless if the game has completely dried up with the current tools. Basically, if a type of mechanic can be created by using several other tools together, we will hold back on adding it to the game.

I find that players need to find creativity within a limited amount of tools. That is the real creativity in my eyes: creating things out of nothing. This is also why I prefer some older levels: hard minis nowadays can just have a portal added or spikes for a reset, while the reset system used to be an intricate part of a mini's design, potentially leaving open exploits and therefore were harder (and required more creativity!) to make.

There is a delicate balance between the two aspects and this sometimes requires hard decisions to be made.

No u.

#24 2016-04-24 16:56:07

Luka504

I have joined EE in 2014 probably during autumn..... But thats for Luka504
I ,,truly,, joined EE probably in Spring, but i got soooo confused. I didnt even realise i could spend energy (That could be cuz im stoopid but idk)  Sometime later i started using shared accounts since they had more items, but being sick of constantly being disconected i made Luka504 during autumn of 2014.
Thats the main problem with EE. Even if someone finds it by chance, they will look at it an go:
,,Wow this sucks,, and leave to play some other sandbox game. You should really implement a better tutorial than just uninspired text that makes you just click around the lobby. Most people are visual, meaning they like what they see.
I suggest the following:
Give new people a ton of blocks ONLY for their home world and ONLY for one day, to stop exploits.
If people know what their potential for building is, they might be more motivated to reach it.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#25 2016-04-24 19:46:52

skullz17

Insanity wrote:

Well I think you're right about what has happened to the game. But I'm one of the people who prefers it like this. Before, I think if you tried to make a level which does not have good minimap art but instead focuses on in-game art, people wouldn't like it, which sucks because you happen to find minimap art incredibly difficult. Which is why I think the ability to hide minimap is good. Now, it's not just a select few talented people who can make good levels. Also, I think the new blocks help to stop things from getting stale and boring. Now we are able to innovate and create new forms of art, challenges, whatever, and people will still be able to appreciate it.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

mutantdevle1461597412598347

Board footer