Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Monstar43

"Hold Right"Levels becoming unoriginal?

I've played quite a few Hold Right levels and thought they were pretty fun. But I've also noticed that more and more Hold Right levels are being made,being pushed to the point of eventually becoming unoriginal. Now there is a good amount. But,in the near future,what if they start to clog up the lobby? Will it happen?

This is just my observation. Right now I see no need to worry about it,but this could happen. What do you guys think? Discuss.

#2 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Re: "Hold Right"Levels becoming unoriginal?

Yeah, noobs seeing something popular WILL make it spread pretty fast, far, and the embers alone will take FOREVER to die out.
So make one now before it too, becomes a fad.

#3 Before February 2015

Panic

I agree. Most of these levels are just copies of each other mixed in a different order. They're all in a linear format, and there's nothing interesting about the level itself. Nooby auto-levels might become the new box minis. The only auto-level that I liked was New Year New Concept, but the physics update killed that.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#4 Before February 2015

Zacoist

See, when some1 notices that a certain new "new" concept is popular. They copy it. Why? For two reasons.   Its something new at that time + it's easy to remake the concept.   No wonder ppl copy lvls such as 100 easy minis, just press space and etc... It's too simple.   No wonder s tons of ppl dont have a theme that surronds the minis.

#5 Before February 2015

stevethepirahnaplant

I have to say, even though they are noobish, they are very fun and its cool to see what people can do. (I'm thinking about making one myself! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#6 Before February 2015

EEguy

Hold right? I see many Hold Jumps. But I like them, no matter if it's noobish. I see something new in almost every Hold Jump I play.

#7 Before February 2015

Chimi

I don't think "Hold Right" Levels are becoming a cliché, no. I think crappy, poorly built "Hold Right" Levels are becoming cliché.

#8 Before February 2015

Monstar43

^That's the kind of "Hold Right"levels I'm talking about. I've seen a few poorly-built hold right levels that did get some undeserved plays.

#9 Before February 2015

Chimi

Seems people are attracted to unattractive levels these days.

#10 Before February 2015

Panic

Chimi wrote:

Seems people are attracted to unattractive levels these days.

It's always been like that sadly.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#11 Before February 2015

SkyEye

i know it's ironic but i wanna tell that ppl of EE (mostly common non-betas) are not creative.
if one creates a nice mode of game, the rest must copy him.

#12 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

I still like creating these levels and playing some of them. It's fun to see what they turn out after you've spent forever creating them. 1smile1

PaNFnqB.png

#13 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

I just found an exact copy of jump jump jump...

They named it jumpjumpjump2..

#14 Before February 2015

Bobithan

^Oh my god...
Kind of off-topic but wow...
The person that made that level really has no life.

aka towwl

#15 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Although they are becoming more and more common, they require effort (even if just a little) to make, so they'll never become as common as stairs.

#16 Before February 2015

Shift

Well, the same thing happened with stairs- it was a new concept which drew in tons of plays, and so began the rise of noobs. The only difference is that these "hold right" levels actually take a lot of effort to make even decently, so it won't spread as much as stairs have.

#17 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

It's cool to see your smiley go this and that way. I say it hasn't become unoriginal yet.

#18 Before February 2015

BunnySMG

Hold right+jump levels are entertaining at least, it is pretty cool to see what people come up with. I had an idea on making one in which it was hold right+? and have the modifier change between floors of the level. One floor could be hold right+jump+down one could be hold right+jump+up. another could be just hold right without jump and make it work a little bit with jump, but fail after a bit, while working fully with just right and no jump. I just don't have the motivation to use the concept. I already have too many unfinished levels as it is.

Monstar43 142386900392429

Board footer