Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Has there been ANY word from Chris?

Seriously, i haven't heard anything from anyone. is there any thing coming up? is he dead? Im just getting a little impatient i guess :3

#2 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Re: Has there been ANY word from Chris?

RPG said there was some important business that Chris needed to take care of. We might here from him soon. He might still be working on the big update.

#3 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I don't mind NOT having updates, but I haven't heard a single word. Zip, nothing for the past 2 and a half weeks...

You want to know why? It's because RPGM2K assassinated him so he could own all of EE.

Last edited by SmittyW. (May 30 2011 10:00:38 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

SmittyW. wrote:

I don't mind NOT having updates, but I haven't heard a single word. Zip, nothing for the past 2 and a half weeks...

You want to know why? It's because RPGM2K assassinated him so he could own all of EE.

Oooh...He's good.

#5 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

SmittyW. wrote:

It's because RPGM2K assassinated him so he could own all of EE.

OH SNAP, MY PLAN IS REVEALED.

In all seriousness though, he has been very quiet lately with me and the rest of the staff as well, so I'm thinking that he's taking care of business from behind the scenes though. However, from what little he has told us, he seems to have rather big plans for EE in the near future. Let's just hope that his company cuts him some slack soon enough, because I'm just as anxious as the rest of you to see what he's up to. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Whew, thought chris was dying for the moment... ah well, good to hear he's okay, yet working...
I feel sorry for the man, if i could, i'd give him every bit of money i had on me.

#7 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Ok, thanks rpg, i just wanted to know something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 Before February 2015

Toby

inb4rpgmasterkidnappe-oh, too late.

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

There's ANOTHER big update? I thought the portals were the big update? And the accounts?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#10 Before February 2015

Don't worry guys. Chris will release the REAL big update soon!
23357.gif
*kills Chris*

#11 Before February 2015

EENinja

0176 wrote:

Don't worry guys. Chris will release the REAL big update soon!

He better be...

I am really impaitent as well lol //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#12 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Chris could b dying for all we kno :0

any of us could dieand nobody would know.. What if people already hav....!

#13 Before February 2015

Echo!

"RPGM2K" I'm always gonna call him that now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue nice.

#14 Before February 2015

robban39

om sorry but dident he say : in the coming WEEKS our beta members can enjoy a LOT of BIG updates?
i just mean we have wait for over 1 month and no big update, when he said it would come very soon

#15 Before February 2015

capasha

The huge update was the diamonds and portals. And the surprise that went back one day in EE. And the new physics.

#16 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

doh wrote:

The huge update was the diamonds and portals. And the surprise that went back one day in EE. And the new physics.

It was originally meant to be much more than that, but Chris changed the updating model from the touted "epic update" to the one we were all used to with a more steady stream of updates and fixes.

#17 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

And steady it has been...

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#18 Before February 2015

capasha

Different55 wrote:

And steady it has been...

Yes. I like when i get stuck in levels and can't join them. The best feature that Chris have implemented.

#19 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ sarcasm always makes me grin.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

On topic: he is taking his time a bit.. he did say the next 3 months and that was like 1 and a half months right?

#20 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Well am I I right when I think the next update contais Friend List?

#21 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

I think that maybe Chris underestimates how interesting very small updates can be for both the players and the level builders. If he would add one little thing every two weeks, threads like this would probably never show up. By "little thing" I really do mean very small updates. We could start a thread where people can make suggestions specifically for these kind of updates and Chris can estimate what is feasible; what can be coded in only a couple of hours.

These very small updates are interesting for two reasons. The first is that Chris only has to invest a very small amount of time to code these during a two week period. It means he can work on other, bigger updates if and when he wants to, and he can take all the time he wants. He can because of the second reason that small updates are interesting: even the smallest thing makes it possible to level builders to create cool new things.

A one-way block is an example. Or an arrow that changes direction every now and then. A lava block that would kick you back to the start allows level builders to create interesting new 'make one mistake and it's over' levels. Fake coins would be a piece of cake to implement. These may not be very good ideas, but hopefully you understand my point.

Small updates are underrated. Very small things mean weeks of new, interesting levels. This community is starting to get pretty large, so there will always be people that come up with new ways to use these new blocks. RPGMaster2000, if you agree with this, please ask Chris to create a thread where we can post ideas that we think are very easy to implement.

Very simple things can have a huge impact. Just one small thing each two weeks, that's all we really need. Bigger updates that require a lot of coding are welcome too, but if we have these small updates, I don't think people will still mind waiting months for the bigger ones.

Last edited by nlmdejonge (Jun 1 2011 10:42:33 am)

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#22 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

nlmdejonge wrote:

I think that maybe Chris underestimates how interesting very small updates can be for both the players and the level builders. If he would add one little thing every two weeks, threads like this would probably never show up. By "little thing" I really do mean very small updates. We could start a thread where people can make suggestions specifically for these kind of updates and Chris can estimate what is feasible; what can be coded in only a couple of hours.

These very small updates are interesting for two reasons. The first is that Chris only has to invest a very small amount of time to code these during a two week period. It means he can work on other, bigger updates if and when he wants to, and he can take all the time he wants. He can because of the second reason that small updates are interesting: even the smallest thing makes it possible to level builders to create cool new things.

A one-way block is an example. Or an arrow that changes direction every now and then. A lava block that would kick you back to the start allows level builders to create interesting new 'make one mistake and it's over' levels. Fake coins would be a piece of cake to implement. These may not be very good ideas, but hopefully you understand my point.

Small updates are underrated. Very small things mean weeks of new, interesting levels. This community is starting to get pretty large, so there will always be people that come up with new ways to use these new blocks. RPGMaster2000, if you agree with this, please ask Chris to create a thread where we can post ideas that we think are very easy to implement.

Very simple things can have a huge impact. Just one small thing each two weeks, that's all we really need. Bigger updates that require a lot of coding are welcome too, but if we have these small updates, I don't think people will still mind waiting months for the bigger ones.

This.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#23 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Monstar43 wrote:

RPG said there was some important business that Chris needed to take care of. We might here from him soon. He might still be working on the big update.

There is no "Big update" anymore, as RPG has said.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#24 Before February 2015

Pandapo

Would it be awesome if Chris is selling EE? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Than there will come more stuff for money and more nuubs //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
YeY... LoL xD

#25 Before February 2015

robban39

i think he gets about $10 every day now, and i think he could get $100 every day if he updated more

Kaosslasher 142386943891994

Board footer