Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-03 05:57:20

Robloxian

C.A.V.E

YES!!! ITS RELEASED!

HVY.jpg

#2 2016-04-03 11:52:39

skullz17

Re: C.A.V.E

You forgot the link. Here it is: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWSg07wzkRcEI

It was okay. I think you have some cool ideas, but you need to execute them better. This is a story-driven level and it needs to be a little more immersive. Also I think you could've utilised the different effects a bit better and you could've got more creative with the gameplay.

First of all, aesthetics. In order for your level to be immersive, it needs to look good. I want to feel like I'm in a cave. That's not happening at the moment. You can look at some art, or even some photos for inspiration. Rather than just making lines, I think you should fill the surrounding area with blocks as well. This is what I mean:
Nx3nTFX.png
You could then add some detail by using different blocks. Another thing you could do is shape the land in an interesting way (caves aren't flat in real life!); maybe you could add stalactites and stalagmites (the spikey things on the floor and ceiling), but I understand that this might not be desirable if you want to place the blocks based on your gameplay. However, you should eventually learn to integrate your gameplay into your art, so that the art still looks good and the gameplay is still fun.

The second thing I want to talk about is your story telling. When I played your level, I didn't really understand what was going on. I think the way you tell your story needs to improve. I can't think of any specific advice I could give you to improve, so just read some books and take inspiration, but of course still stick to your own ideas. Also, this isn't about the content of your signs but you need to place them better. Some of them are too close together, and sometimes it's easy to miss some if you're moving too fast, because they're next to a ledge or next to a portal. Like at the last mini, I couldn't read the signs at the end and I just flew straight into the portal.

Lastly, gameplay. It seemed like it had potential, but ended up being a bit disappointing. I liked how you used effects at the beginning, but you could've done so much more with them. Try to think of some interesting challenges where you could use the jump effect, or the double jump effect. Even some more simple parkour would be okay, but your gameplay was mostly just mazes which are usually boring.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:
skullz171459680759593360

Board footer