Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2016-03-26 21:33:13

Zumza

Re: EElections Debate Thread

Let people fight for their believes!

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#102 2016-03-26 21:38:05

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zumza wrote:

I am pretty sure nobody is trying to stop people from doing that.

#103 2016-03-26 21:40:52

Luka504

No Jawapa, i cant stop.
I will fight for our rights no matter what.
Strangely Calicara sent me an ,,invite,, to also bail on my plans and join them.
I denied, but its making me think about why you all want me to bail.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#104 2016-03-26 21:42:15

Luka504

N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I am pretty sure nobody is trying to stop people from doing that.

Except Jawapa.

#105 2016-03-26 21:46:17

Calicara

3e477iO.jpg

General Abraham Lincat Whiskers, On Alliances

It's true I proposed an alliance with Luka, as I think we have a lot of similar ideals. However, I respectfully accept his decline and wish luck to his party.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#106 2016-03-26 22:04:29

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

In reply to N1KF:

Okay, I'll set all satire aside.

Exclusive smileys are a great thing.  They give people a trophy to display for their hard work.  It may drive others to work harder, so they too can have a trophy.

I've judged a contest for myself, and I can tell you first hand that not everything people submit is good... or even in the same zip-code as good.  Some of it is down right horrible.  Does that mean they didn't work really hard on it?  Maybe not.  Maybe they did put a lot of work into it, but it just wasn't as good as someone else's.  Unfortunately, though, they walk away without a smiley.  From there, they can either sink into a depression and mope about how they suck at life, and how no one likes them, and then delete all their worlds in a blind rage... or they can try to better their skills, and try again when the next competition rolls around.

Let me put it in a different way.  There's a soccer team that's really good.  They easily beat several other teams for the FIFA World Cup, proving they were the best.  All the other teams are pretty upset they didn't win.  They practiced to hard, and they thought they really had a chance, but when it came down to it... they just weren't good enough to beat the other team.  Should they be given a world cup too, so their feelies aren't hurt?  I don't think so.  Instead, they immediately hit the field and start practicing again.  Where did they go wrong, what can they do better.  They try even harder.

Nothing in life comes free.  You have to work for it.

I'm sure this is a cluster of god knows what, I wrote this is in three or four different sittings, over two hours (?). So yeah, plz like comment and subscribe.

Discord: jawp#5123

#107 2016-03-26 22:05:16

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

It's true I proposed an alliance with Luka, as I think we have a lot of similar ideals. However, I respectfully accept his decline and wish luck to his party.

Did you make an alliance with Creature?

#108 2016-03-26 22:12:16, last edited by Calicara (2016-03-26 22:13:10)

Calicara

3e477iO.jpg

General Abraham Lincat Whiskers, On Jawapa

Dear voters, if Jawapa cannot even take his own campaign seriously, how can we expect him to take his presidency seriously? I'd be concerned voting for someone who isn't sure what he wants... just a thought...

And to answer your question, no I did not make an alliance with Creature.

tgA1y17.jpg

#109 2016-03-26 22:13:34

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

I'd be concerned voting for someone who isn't sure

Where have been unsure.  Being a smart-**** does not mean I'm unsure.

#110 2016-03-26 22:29:50

Luka504

Hello! I feel like i should take my campaign and say what i stand for.

Offical message from the nerf party:
Hello everyone! I am luka504 and Im a candidate for the EElections. As the leader of The Nerf Party, I dedicate to one thing.
Freedom.
We all want freedom, even more in EE, more Items, more capabilities, and off course, more fun. With you and your support, that dream can become real.
What I want:
-More player rights
-More capabilities
-More chances…..
But let us remember, Too much of anything is bad. While freedom is amazing, I want staff members to be around and make sure EE still keeps that nice, friendly  atmosphere which makes EE a fun game.
Your vote does indeed matter, but you only have one, and you want to use It as best  you can.
Vote Nerf Party.

I am the only IndEEpendant that has truly contributed, and i will fight for our rights no matter what.

#111 2016-03-26 23:30:05

AsurcH

Luka504 wrote:

I am the only IndEEpendant that has truly contributed, and i will fight for our rights no matter what.

Such a strong statement, I hope you stick to your "truth" until the end.

There are many indEEpendent parties that focus on different aspects of the issues. Our campaigns differ, so do our approaches. I see your point, but I just wish you would also see ours.

#112 2016-03-26 23:44:39

Bimps

Luka504 wrote:

you just lost a lot of possible votes by saying that. gj

Wooted by:

#113 2016-03-26 23:55:26

Bobithan

Hello friends! Sorry to butt in on your free for all but I now have a question for all of you to guide this discussion along.

My question is...

What do you think is the best way for Everybody Edits to raise money? Is the current system fine, should it be altered in some way, or should it be replaced with a new proposal of your own?

aka towwl

#114 2016-03-26 23:57:21

Bimps

hm even though my answer is "nothing kill ee" because i believe that, i think the best way for ee to raise money is to lower gem prices in the shop, advertise that, and make gold membership cost a bit more. idk ee should just raise the roof for money yall

#115 2016-03-27 00:00:42

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Bobithan wrote:

What do you think is the best way for Everybody Edits to raise money? Is the current system fine, should it be altered in some way, or should it be replaced with a new proposal of your own?

I think having more discounts on gem-only items, especially the Big Spender and Diamond Block may benefit the game. Additionally, having a few more gem-only purchases that are not either services, classic, or absurdly expensive may help. Perhaps have a solid "gem block" that can be purchased for a few gems. Maybe add a gem-only "Businessman" smiley or something.

#116 2016-03-27 00:05:59

Onjit
Website

I believe that the real problem here isn't that EE needs more money, EE needs more players.

EE is a game run by, made by, and played by passionate people*. I believe that we need more incentives for people to play the game, and more incentives for new players to keep playing the game. I believe the real question is:

HOW ARE WE GOING TO ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS?
HOW ARE WE GOING TO KEEP THE PLAYERS WE HAVE?

If we can solve those questions, the money will come.

When Chris boasted about making $10K a month, it wasn't because he had better incentives to get money. He had more players.

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME

:.|:;

#117 2016-03-27 00:30:47

AsurcH

Right now it is evident that Everybody Edits is not efficient and is losing a lot of money because of that. I have a few suggestions for that. Now let us consider this simple Ideal Rankine Cycle

Kc0eTAQ.png

Now let's have a quick examination over this. The first thing we see is that we have a significant portion of heat loss through the condenser, which is heat transfer to a lower temperature ambient. We should utilize this still available exergy and try to harvest as much as we can from it. Ladies and gentlemen, I suggest a combination of Brayton Cycle and Rankine Cycle. This way we can use the readily available heat loss as a means for heating during the winter, and with a switch that can be applied with a valve, which will then return the fluid and mix it with a portion of high quality fluid that is ran through high pressure turbine. Rest of the flow will continue the low pressure turbine and then eventually, all three ways will cross and a final pump will bring the fluid to a steady pressure for boiler. Here is an extremely simplified picture of the defined plan:

4064586_orig.png

Now I ask you, our dearly beloved. Why stop here? Why not continue? Is there anything else we can do? The answer is most definitely yes.

Let us first consider the effect of exhaust pressure and temperature on the Ideal Rankine Cycle. Let the exhaust pressure drop from P4 to P4' with the corresponding decrease in temperature at which heat is rejected(refer to top figure). The net work is increased by area 1-4-4'-1'-2'-2-1 if we apply this cycle on a T-s diagram. 2' and 1' are the corresponding phases after the change applied. The heat transfered to steam will also increase, to an almost equal value of this denoted area on a T-s diagram. Now before moving further, let us have a look at the so called T-s diagram.

6894054_orig.png

Note, however, that loweing the back-pressure causes the moisture content of the steam leaving the turbine to increase. This is a significant factor because if the moisture in the low-pressure stages of the turbine exceeds about 10%, not only is there a decrease in turbine efficiency, but also significant amount of erosion of the turbine blades which poses a very serious problem. We must find the perfect balance where we won't need often fixes and should have enough power output. This optimalization should be calculated and done accordingly, by professionals.

Next, consider the effect of superheating the steam in the boiler. We will see that the work will increase by an area 3-3'-4'-4-3 in the T-s diagram. Also the heat transferred in the boiler will increase during this process. Since the ratio of these two areas is greater than the ratio of net work to heat supplied for the rest of the cycle, it is evident that for given pressures, super-heating the steam increases the efficiency. Note that when the steam is superheated, the quality of steam leaving the turbine also increases. However we can deal with this problem by a Reheat Rankine Cycle, so it isn't something impossible for us to reach, or a limiting factor.

Finally, the influence of the maximum pressure of the steam must be considered. In this analysis, the maximum temperature of the steam, as well as the exhaust pressure, is held constant. We can see the heat rejected decreases by an area.  While doing this, the net work output tends to remain the same, but the heat rejected decreases, and hence the efficiency increases with an increase in maximum pressure. This approach also considers the same problem above, however as stated it is not impossible to overcome, nor a limiting factor.

I say we must make sacrifices, we will re-establish this game, and redefine all the systems we are using in the background. Yes, we will need a lot of money to startup the process, but hey, why else would people say money makes money? Luckily, we have researched the background processes of Everybody Edits engine and found out that there are readily projects which try to entangle with this process. Namely the UNITY project, which is trying a similar approach to change of systems, is trying to achieve a higher efficiency in game engine. I say why stop there, why not take it to a next step? We have proved 3 different approaches that can be applied, and we are ready to attend to professionals to help us help ourselves with the situation.

While the speech told above is a long-term plan, we also focus on short-term plans. We will consider community-based approaches, where the recycled content is delivered at a more reasonable price, or even in the delusion of discounts. Now this wouldn't work with the playerbase we already have, so we will define a multi-platform for Everybody Edits, and advertise it just like day 1. The peak in amount of players will outsustain the economy whilst our long-term projects run steadily. We of course will not forget about our veterans. This economic plan is just to get the fuel for ignition. The energy we obtain however, will be purely used for our veteran's advantages. There will be introduced many rewards for older players, which the new players can also get. This new "peak amount" players will also be so close to achieve these said achievements, so they will continue playing, and the cycle iterates itself. We just have to control the flow of players into the system, and then keep it in a steady state. It is just that simple.

Now we need your help doing all these right? Vote for The Ideal Rankine Cycle, and together we can make Everybody Edits better than ever. We don't talk of empty dreams. We calculate, we thrive for the best. We don't exaggerate, we define the future. Remember;

A working fluid is a happy fluid

- The Ideal Rankine Cycle

#118 2016-03-27 00:31:44

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

There really aren't a lot of options for Everybody Edits when it comes to making money.

Current System
Most of the shop can be obtained for free. If you want to get the items quicker, you can pay actual money. This is nice, because people really aren't restricted. The classic items are a nice way of making sure you make money.

Features like builders club and gold membership are a waste. In the beginning builders club brought in a lot of money, because people were desperate for content. Most players only seen builders club as a special title. If you could spend $60 dollars on builders club, you probably already had everything else. After a while no one wanted builders club, people hated it, and it served little purpose in bringing in money. Gold membership will likely end in the same way, no one wanting/caring for it. But gold membership gives you something that you can't obtain without it. That's really where builders club failed.

Steam
Valve is going to be wantin' that cash-dolla', and that means anyone who plays on Steam, will have to pay. Well, probably. It's unlikely EE will be on steam for free. It's pretty pointless to play on Steam, where you have to pay, when you can play for free on everybodyedits.com. Unless the staff provides content to Steam players that normal players do not have, they won't make money from this.

Pay-To-Play
To get around the Steam issue, pay-to-play could be implemented. I mentioned this earlier as a satirical idea... sorta. I find it hard to believe people would pay to join this game. It's just not worth it, in my opinion. However, people have spent $50 dollars on a worthless 16x16 pixel smiley face. Could it work? Probably, yeah. If you charged everyone $1 dollar to play, the revenue would go through the roof. Now this is ideal, i'll explain in a sec. 3000 active players every month = $3000 dollars the first month. I think it was something like 500 new players every month = $500 a month. $500 + the current monthly revenue (I know the numbers, but won't share them out of respect for the staff) = pretty decent. Now let's get into why this wouldn't work. Out of the 500 new users a month, most of them are alts. Out of the people left, not everyone is going to register if they have to pay. So $500 is more like $50-ish. The 3000 active users - half of them leave because they can't pay. The staff still walks away with a good chunk of change though. But, if you're charging pay-to-play, you better be giving players more items right off the bat. Very few are going to pay you money to play, just to pay you more money to get items to play your game to full potential.

Again, I'm not going to share specific details on how much the game makes. I will say, though, the game EASILY funds itself with the current system. The staff memembers are unpaid. Gamesnet is free. The only bill is the domain, maybe the staff emails, and maybe steam when it gets here. All of that is covered with no problem. If the staff can manage to grow the community, they could have enough money to the bills, buy better hardware, hire professionals if needed, and be able to pocket a little money. The current system is clearly the best system. They just need to manage the community.

#119 2016-03-27 00:37:14

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Onjit wrote:

When Chris boasted about making $10K a month, it wasn't because he had better incentives to get money. He had more players.

$10k in krones. He only made around $2k USD.

N1KF wrote:

I think having more discounts on gem-only items

This would definitely help. They don't lose money by putting things on a discount. If things aren't selling, lower the price temporarily. People will swarm it. It's likely you'll make more money on the discounted price than you will on the regular price.

N1KF wrote:

Big Spender and Diamond Block may benefit the game

These are like builders club. They were great when first released, but quickly lost value. They don't sell very often anymore. If the staff needed a quick spike in revenue, they could release something. It would sell for a little bit.

#120 2016-03-27 01:13:52

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

JaWapa wrote:

Steam
Valve is going to be wantin' that cash-dolla', and that means anyone who plays on Steam, will have to pay. Well, probably. It's unlikely EE will be on steam for free. It's pretty pointless to play on Steam, where you have to pay, when you can play for free on everybodyedits.com. Unless the staff provides content to Steam players that normal players do not have, they won't make money from this.

What if beta (for a single account) came free with the Steam version? Perhaps the game, beta included, could be $7.00 instead of $7.50 to give people a reason to buy it.

#121 2016-03-27 01:18:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

N1KF wrote:

What if beta (for a single account) came free with the Steam version? Perhaps the game, beta included, could be $7.00 instead of $7.50 to give people a reason to buy it.

They definitely could make Steam users beta. That would require them to actually put features into beta... more than once every 3 months. And they seem to struggle with that.

And if you want people to beta test, there should be an easier way then going through Steam. It's doable, but it's not ideal.

#122 2016-03-27 01:37:07, last edited by Calicara (2016-03-27 01:37:48)

Calicara

3e477iO.jpg

General Abraham Lincat Whiskers, On Money

Bobithan wrote:

As my opponent Onjit has mentioned, what EE is lacking is not a source of money, but a player base. There is currently a decent stop system in place, what we should be doing instead is outsourcing, that is, advertising. Think, EE Merchandise. EE T-Shirts, EE Mugs, Small EE Smiley Plush, anything that you can wear and share to spread the word of EE. Not only can we create functionable products, but the advertising would help spark discussion and potentially encourage more people to play the game.

I also agree with my opponent N1KF of having discounts on gem only items.

That being said, I do believe our current economic system is stable, or at least I have not heard otherwise.

tgA1y17.jpg

#123 2016-03-27 01:38:59

Onjit
Website

Calicara wrote:

EE Merchandise.

You might as well just wear a shirt that says

"LOOK AT ME I'M A ****"

EE merch is a stupid idea

#124 2016-03-27 01:40:31

Bimps

i am gonna derail towels stupid thing and answer more questions about the death party. once again be specific pls

#125 2016-03-27 01:41:50

Onjit
Website

Bimps wrote:

more questions about the death party.

Are you a ****? If so, why, and how are you going to remedy this?

Bobithan1460031928594115

Board footer