Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-03-25 23:11:42

Creature

Re: EElections Debate Thread

JaWapa wrote:
Creature wrote:

If this is not what you mean't, then your second argument is false.

You're false.

Drop out of the white shed race.

Says the one who wants staff with banning powers.

This is a false statement.

#52 2016-03-25 23:13:10

Bimps

aight jawapa asked me a question/whatever in irc

<JaWapa> Bimps:  explain why you want ee to die
<JaWapa> or explain how it's a metaphor

first let me get this out of the way. it is not a metaphor. i want ee to die because some people are addicted to it. not 100% addicted, but still to the point where they go on it everyday and waste their time. if ee died, people could do other things, like maybe get addicted to something that doesnt waste their time as much

another thing how ee is pretty much just a chatroom. this has always been the case since chat was first added, but it is so much worse now. it has gotten to the point where people barely make minigames anymore, nor art. it is either just rp, bad bots, shoddy art, or some other thing that doesnt promote creativity/activity

so let's just say that you dont agree with the two points i just made. that's fine and i understand. but what about the fixes other people are proposing? like changing the limit of name changes, more/less admins, less censorship, etc. what will this do? let's say that, for example, shop prices are "fixed", like making the prices more even/fair. ok great that happened. now what? people whine. people always complain about updates.the, after they are done whining, they will just accept it, and find more stuff to whine about. none of the other candidates can truly win over the community, because ee will always have a problem

it's existence

which is why i am running under the death party. not for the game, but for the community we have built over the years.

Wooted by: (2)

#53 2016-03-25 23:15:06

Luka504

Reid i rechecked Jawapas anwsers
I can indeed confirm he hasnt said anything that resembles more power to staff.
GG

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#54 2016-03-25 23:18:13

Creature

Luka504 wrote:

GG

Do you think he would want staff to not have any power at all besides in their own world?

This is a false statement.

#55 2016-03-25 23:20:11

Luka504

Creature wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

GG

Do you think he would want staff to not have any power at all besides in their own world?

Ugh, i guess no?

#56 2016-03-25 23:21:26

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

A strong staff will be favorable when hackers are around; a weak staff will be favorable when the noobs are trolling.

Discord: jawp#5123

#57 2016-03-25 23:22:11

Bimps

Evilbunny wrote:

Can you explain why anybody would vote for you? and what exactly is your plan if you are elected? I still don't get why anybody would care enough about EE dying to stay around and actually do something to force it to die.

1. people would vote for me because they care about the community and not just the game. and also, because they agree with me probably
2. my plan would be to kill ee. i would do this with a warning before hand so confusion doesnt arise, and i would explain why.
3. i dont care about ee, i care about the community. ee was just a breeding ground for this diverse community to come together, the game itself is obsolete and just doesnt matter anymore. you rarely see new member join the forums, and that chance become lower and lower and lower each day

#58 2016-03-25 23:27:54

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

JaWapa, what in particular do you mean about the government having "too much power"?

#59 2016-03-25 23:31:04

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

N1KF wrote:

JaWapa, what in particular do you mean about the government having "too much power"?

Tracking Users - The staff can track any user, at any time.
Entering Rooms - They can enter any room, at any time, and there is no way to make them leave.
Killing Rooms - They can kill any room, at any time
Free Items - They can give any item, at any time, to any user

These are just a few examples, some of the biggest.  Now, these really wouldn't be an issue if we voted the staff in.  If we had people in office that we trusted, we wouldn't have to fear these issues.

Wooted by:

#60 2016-03-25 23:36:52, last edited by N1KF (2016-03-25 23:37:11)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

JaWapa wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Tracking Users - The staff can track any user, at any time.
Entering Rooms - They can enter any room, at any time, and there is no way to make them leave.
Killing Rooms - They can kill any room, at any time
Free Items - They can give any item, at any time, to any user

These are just a few examples, some of the biggest.  Now, these really wouldn't be an issue if we voted the staff in.  If we had people in office that we trusted, we wouldn't have to fear these issues.

I must agree with you there. The fact that the Terms of Services does not seem to be detailed on what kind of rights they have (as well as the fact they can change it without notice) is kind of scary.

#61 2016-03-26 03:31:01

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I hereby declare myself as leader of the GrEEn party open to debate on any issue.  My stances on the main issues are delineated here.  Any voters, decided or not, will likely find that my platform is the one most dedicated to providing the users with real-world solutions that improve their in-game experience.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#62 2016-03-26 03:41:03

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I hereby declare myself as leader of the GrEEn party open to debate on any issue.  My stances on the main issues are delineated here.  Any voters, decided or not, will likely find that my platform is the one most dedicated to providing the users with real-world solutions that improve their in-game experience.

Towel is holding a debate soon.

#63 2016-03-26 03:41:51

Bobithan

Tomorrow I'll probably guide this along a bit but for now you guys can discuss anything.

aka towwl

#64 2016-03-26 03:54:31

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Maybe until then we should discuss the rampant energy inequality among our users!  This injustice should not stand.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#65 2016-03-26 05:20:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Maybe until then we should discuss the rampant energy inequality among our users!  This injustice should not stand.

All users gain energy at an equal rate. How is that not fair?

#66 2016-03-26 05:54:17, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-03-26 05:54:38)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

N1KF wrote:

Actually, that's untrue. The mods possess the ability to change how long a particular users energy restore time is.

For instance, mine was instant... sorta... It had to add one energy, go through an animation, then it would start the next. With 10K energy, I think it took like 20-30 minutes to fill. There is one user that I know that had either a minute or 30 seconds (can't remember) removed from their refill time.  I won't mention any names, don't want to cause problems for them.

If it was done for one user, I'm sure it has been done for others.

#67 2016-03-26 06:49:57

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

JaWapa wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Actually, that's untrue. The mods possess the ability to change how long a particular users energy restore time is.

For instance, mine was instant... sorta... It had to add one energy, go through an animation, then it would start the next. With 10K energy, I think it took like 20-30 minutes to fill. There is one user that I know that had either a minute or 30 seconds (can't remember) removed from their refill time.  I won't mention any names, don't want to cause problems for them.

If it was done for one user, I'm sure it has been done for others.

Thank you for bringing this nepotic abuse of power to our attention.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#68 2016-03-26 08:31:42, last edited by Luka504 (2016-03-26 08:33:06)

Luka504

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Oh so you fight for fairness? HA nice try. But i have already analyzed you bud. My responses are in cyan btw.

=32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Should exclusive smileys be made available again through new opportunities?
Exclusive smileys should not be unavailable forever.  Any seasonal smiley should come back every time that season comes back, and any other smiley should periodically return as well.

This seems fair to you? People who played in 2011 or something got ghost smiley for energy. People NOW need to buy it with rare gems. Reasonable.
But are you suggesting ghost becomes free again again to people who didnt know EE existed in 2011? Thats pretty unfair to people from 2011 who feel special for having it.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Should more easy difficulty campaigns be introduced to the campaign roster to balance game difficulty?
Campaigns should be removed entirely.

;-; What?
How on Earth is this fair. The idea on completely dropping campaigns is awful.
Doesnt help that someone might be trying to beat some campaign, but NOPE campaigns are gone before they got the prizes.
No tnx.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Should staff be more seriously reprimanded for giving away free items at no personal expense?
Staff should be given allowances of free items to give away monthly or yearly, with the stipulation that they should be small gifts and have to go to different users to avoid neporism.

So every year the staff gets some item and gives them to random players.
That just screams unfair dude. And who are they giving it to?
Friends? Random people?
Both are just as unfair as the other.

Nice try, but i think i proved you are a pretty big liar and that you dont really dedicate to freedom and ,,fairness,,

Wooted by:

#69 2016-03-26 15:44:11, last edited by Calicara (2016-03-26 15:45:08)

Calicara

3e477iO.jpg

General Abraham Lincat Whiskers, A Review of my Campaign

So far my opponents seem to be enthralled in arguing amongst themselves, but lets not forgot the real reason we are having this campaign. This campaign is about tackling the issues that plague our small community. As a moderate noub I fight fur a moderately loose administration, providing power to the people, and a friendlier gaming environment. That is to say, while the moderators should tackle the larger issues such as hacking and/or drawing and/or spreading inappropriate content, the people should have the power to govern their own worlds.

Fur a more fleshed out answer please refer here: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 20#p590720

We also believe in a newb friendly environment. All players should feel welcome and be allowed to celebrate EE in their own unique way, without being harassed.

We also support an accessible environment, in which newer players can more easily be able to access content. Some veterans might say, is it really fair fur them to so easily obtain what we had work so long to achieve? Part of the advancement of technology is making it more easily accessible to the common cat. Not only will this accessibility attract more players to the game, it also allows fur more players to create new and unique gameplay experiences.

The time is now to reconcile with the newer generation. We cannot go back to who we were, but we can use what we've been given to create something new, something better. Don't shun the newbs, but help them. Befriend them, and encourage them. Allow them to integrate and build on our blossoming community. We can create a better EE, but first we must create a better community.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#70 2016-03-26 15:46:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

This seems fair to you? People who played in 2011 or something got ghost smiley for energy. People NOW need to buy it with rare gems. Reasonable.
But are you suggesting ghost becomes free again again to people who didnt know EE existed in 2011? Thats pretty unfair to people from 2011 who feel special for having it.

Exclusive smileys being fanboy, artist, rabbit, pumpkin, etc.

In my opinion, we should remove the smileys from past winners, and give them to the new winners. It prevents new smileys from being made, it helps the economy, and everyone can get a taste of them.

Luka504 wrote:

How on Earth is this fair. The idea on completely dropping campaigns is awful.
Doesnt help that someone might be trying to beat some campaign, but NOPE campaigns are gone before they got the prizes.
No tnx.

Yeah, but they suck.
It was supposed to be a way to give tax returns, and help the economy, but it failed miserably.  Unless you are some of the socially elite, it doesn't even effect you.

Luka504 wrote:

i proved you are a pretty big liar and that you dont really dedicate to freedom and ,,fairness,,

You did?

... why am I arguing for 32orton?

Oh, it was brought to my attention that I misspelled bobyy's name in all of my banners.  Oops.

VOTE FOR JAWAPA
VOTE FOR UBED

#71 2016-03-26 15:51:08

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

We also believe in a newb friendly environment. All players should feel welcome and be allowed to celebrate EE in their own unique way, without being harassed.

Ah, but your party also supports trolling; which most of the newbs hate.  Please explain.

Calicara wrote:

our blossoming community.

But it's not blossoming. We have civil wars. We have people attacking immigrants. Our country cannot grow.

Calicara wrote:

The time is now

And this time... it's personal.

#72 2016-03-26 16:00:24

Calicara

3e477iO.jpg

General Abraham Lincat Whiskers, A Response to Jawapa

JaWapa wrote:

Ah, but your party also supports trolling; which most of the newbs hate.  Please explain.

From my OP on bannable trolling: This is not to say that I support trolling, but rather that such a practice is so commonplace that if it were to be bannable, the already dwindling population of EE would suffer a huge toll, further decreasing the amount of people who play. The less people who play, the smaller the community becomes. And if the community is too small, or selective, EE as we know it would eventually die out.

My party most certainly does not support trolling.

Jawapa wrote:

But it's not blossoming. We have civil wars. We have people attacking immigrants. Our country cannot grow.

Which is why we need to encourage kindness now more than ever. These attacks are less often newer players attacking other newer players, but older players attacking newer players. We must get the attacks to stop, we must encourage peace.

tgA1y17.jpg

#73 2016-03-26 16:16:52

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

From my OP on bannable trolling: This is not to say that I support trolling, but rather that such a practice is so commonplace that if it were to be bannable, the already dwindling population of EE would suffer a huge toll, further decreasing the amount of people who play. The less people who play, the smaller the community becomes. And if the community is too small, or selective, EE as we know it would eventually die out.

If a country is full of murders, the community is dwindling. The government decides to issue the death penalty to anyone who commits murder, and thus making the population decrease even faster. Should the government let the murders go?

Calicara wrote:

Which is why we need to encourage kindness now more than ever.

Then stop trolling; as well as inequality.

Trolling leads to fighting.
Inequality leads to unfairness which leads to fighting.

Calicara wrote:

We must get the attacks to stop, we must encourage peace.

Indeed.

#74 2016-03-26 16:21:02

Zumza

01fc1edc54.png

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#75 2016-03-26 16:43:11

Calicara

3e477iO.jpg

General Abraham Lincat Whiskers, On Trolling

Jawapa wrote:

If a country is full of murders, the community is dwindling. The government decides to issue the death penalty to anyone who commits murder, and thus making the population decrease even faster. Should the government let the murders go?

Again, trolling/murder are not equivocal. Wherein murder causes permenent damage, there are actions which can be taken to reverse and repair trolling. If we teach users how to use the save and /loadlevel commands, as well as /kick, trolling quickly becomes extremely ineffective.

tgA1y17.jpg

Bobithan1460031928594115

Board footer