Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-05 16:28:00, last edited by Aoitenshi (2016-03-06 05:10:24)

Aoitenshi

Series-based Campaign

Now, the guidelines said that there has to be diversity in campaign, and that a campaign shouldn't have more than one of the same creator. That's the general rule, but I feel like there should be exceptions for series-based world. As someone who's a big fan on making continuity-based world (see Station 1-3 and Level 1-2:), I feel as if I'm restricted from creating a campaign-worthy saga knowing that only one of my complete series will make it into the campaign, which makes me kind of sad that I can't carry my players through the ride properly.

Another unfortunate case for this issue would be TOOP and Badoosh's story series, which basically links all three chapters into one continuous roller coaster. It would make a great campaign candidate, but sadly enough it is also restricted due to guidelines.

Please reconsider this, there should be exceptions for series-based world, as it is also a big part of our creativity and I would hate for it to be discouraged.

#2 2016-03-05 16:54:50

Creature

Re: Series-based Campaign

User-made Campaigns would be good.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#3 2016-03-05 17:03:25

Anak

I remember there was a suggestion for something like playlists (before we had campagins) but more specifically for a series of worlds like this. It would be much better to have these storylines in a more continuous play, and having them as campaigns with rewards is even better. (These two specific series I can actually complete so I'm all for it lmao)

#4 2016-03-06 16:13:24

skullz17

You might think that because they are good worlds, they must be in a campaign. But the fact is, there are a lot of good worlds which do not belong in campaigns, and we cannot make exceptions for all of them. It doesn't matter that they are not in a campaign. We can still enjoy them, rewards or not. That said, I am in support of the playlist idea which, although it doesn't offer rewards, still allows you to create continuity between levels.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#5 2016-03-07 05:20:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

skullz17 wrote:

That said, I am in support of the playlist idea which, although it doesn't offer rewards, still allows you to create continuity between levels.

Just like world portals?

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#6 2016-03-07 22:54:26

Kira

No.

Campaigns should give a chance to everyone and not to only 1/2 persons who supposedly made a great series of worlds.

Honestly speaking, your "Station series" doesn't deserve a whole campaign, these are the 3 same worlds in term of gameplay and players would find that boring to play 3 times the same world.
Sure, Toop and Badoosh made awesome levels that are unique, but have you take a look around you?
The going-home contest hosted by nlmdejonge is a great exemple, most of these levels are similar to T&B's levels which could be used for a campaign and maximize the enjoyment of the player himself.
Same thing here, I personally don't think that the player would enjoy playing a same style 4, or even 5 times.. That would be annoying at the end.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2016-03-08 05:08:33

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kira wrote:

No.

Campaigns should give a chance to everyone and not to only 1/2 persons who supposedly made a great series of worlds.

Honestly speaking, your "Station series" doesn't deserve a whole campaign, these are the 3 same worlds in term of gameplay and players would find that boring to play 3 times the same world.
Sure, Toop and Badoosh made awesome levels that are unique, but have you take a look around you?
The going-home contest hosted by nlmdejonge is a great exemple, most of these levels are similar to T&B's levels which could be used for a campaign and maximize the enjoyment of the player himself.
Same thing here, I personally don't think that the player would enjoy playing a same style 4, or even 5 times.. That would be annoying at the end.

Considering that the number of campaigns will gradually grow (just like the energy shop), I do not think that will be much of a problem as long as there are plenty of other campaigns to play. Those who do not want to play "The Square" or "Station" campaigns can just look for something else.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2016-03-08 11:05:01

Swarth100

N1KF wrote:
Kira wrote:

No.

Considering that the number of campaigns will gradually grow (just like the energy shop), I do not think that will be much of a problem as long as there are plenty of other campaigns to play. Those who do not want to play "The Square" or "Station" campaigns can just look for something else.

Not to mention that even though they have been made by different players or crews, most current Campaign Levels have exactly the same style and gameplay.

#9 2016-03-08 15:12:02

Insanity

If the series based worlds are spectacular, they should be made into a campaign, and if the creator deserves an entire campaign just for him/her.

So far there's nothing that fits that criteria

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#10 2016-03-08 18:05:43

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Insanity wrote:

If the series based worlds are spectacular, they should be made into a campaign, and if the creator deserves an entire campaign just for him/her.

So far there's nothing that fits that criteria

Well it pretty much seems to be based off the staff's opinions so far so they might disagree.

Everybody Edits is Fred

N1KF1457456743587480

Board footer