Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-21 01:14:15

Tako
Website

A Carafe, That Is A Blind Glass

A kind in glass and a cousin, a spectacle and nothing strange a single hurt color and an arrangement in a system to pointing. All this and not ordinary, not unordered in not resembling. The difference is spreading.

Glazed Glitter.

Nickel, what is nickel, it is originally rid of a cover.
The change in that is that red weakens an hour. The change has come. There is no search. But there is, there is that hope and that interpretation and sometime, surely any s is unwelcome, sometime there is breath and there will be a sinecure and charming very charming is that clean and cleansing. Certainly glittering is handsome and convincing.
There is no gratitude in mercy and in medicine. There can be breakages in Japanese. That is no programme. that is no color chosen. It was chosen yesterday, that showed spitting and perhaps washing and polishing. It certainly showed no obligation and perhaps if borrowing is not natural there is some use in giving.

I bought this book today, full of passages like this. The book is called "Tender Buttons" by Gertrude Stein. What do you think it means? (inb4nothing)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#2 2016-02-21 03:15:10

Hexagon

Re: A Carafe, That Is A Blind Glass

It looks like the author is exercising their poetic license to convey their stream of consciousness leading up to a thoughtful conclusion.

#3 2016-02-21 17:58:53

Tako
Website

Re: A Carafe, That Is A Blind Glass

Hexagon wrote:

It looks like the author is exercising their poetic license to convey their stream of consciousness leading up to a thoughtful conclusion.

That's definitely true. And I think there is a great deal of attention paid to the connotations of words, or the feelings they instill. Some word choices are a little strange -- "Japanese", for example. I think that's what attracted me to this book the most. It's completely different; you can't read it using the definitions of the words, but the connotations. It's very much a stream of consciousness in that it puts into words the exact feelings that we have. Kind of like speaking in pictures.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Tako1456073933584420

Board footer