Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Re: Your first ever EE level?

Oh I found another one of mine, that I did later on...
It was this
263ab8j.png
It was a hotel basically. Not even the 'buy a house' thing, but I made one like that too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
So most people would get a normal room
Beta's would get a bigger one (There were a lot less beta's then)
There was also a boss, where the winners of the boss would get an even bigger one
Then mine, the biggest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Selfish, I know :/
Suprisingly, it got popular for an hour or so, I think mainly because people were keen to get the big 'Boss winners' rooms...
Then for obvious reasons I got bored and left, so it died.
I was really proud of this o_o Specially the park bit, there were later more tree's and benches for smileys //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#52 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

That actually looks pretty fun, DK. You win the boss, you get a coin, you unlock new areas of the hotel.

Although I'm sure you didn't have coin doors, so it would have to be manual.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#53 Before February 2015

MIHB

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

who actually owned that boss?

Uh, he did.   Lol

#54 Before February 2015

mustang

Xero wrote:

My first level is also where i invented the shuriken hook-jump.

link: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWgsy2FulAa0I

oh, and its not done quite yet

Not to be harsh, but putting 4 ordinary hooks jumps in a row that are the same except for the gravity is not really a "new" challenge.

#55 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

DK Levels wrote:

Until I encountered a hook jump and was like "How the f do you do this"

yeah well my first hook jump was upsidedown, and i was clueless, but my first lvl.... hmmmm well ive got no evedence so out of the ones i got now ill show u the oldest http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAJTJ31h8a0I i was bored so i made this quickly then trolled and forgot 2 save it (it was saved b4 the troll)

Last edited by The Red Troll (Apr 29 2011 12:19:32 am)

#56 Before February 2015

GameGus

I remember my first level, but it never became popular and crashed after an hour or so //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue It was some random level with lots of rooms with random stuff, some Egyptian temple and trees :3

My first level that actually became popular was a Boss-to-Code, but it wasn't because of me people stayed, though xD Some guy took over when he won (quite easily) and got the code, and after a while it was it was in the top of the list. Sadly but to expect it got trolled after about an hour of intense bossing.

My first saved world was very popular for a while, and it now has around 24.000 views, yet many of them have been caused by me multi-entering the level (I don't do that these days) x3 I put quite some time on it, three or four months, and even if it might not look like much today it was in the top 10 most played levels for quite a long time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Go ahead and play it, but don't expect it to be challenging or very creative:

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWVgMAAA

#57 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

wow. i never realized that we all used to be noobs who made complete crap instead of levels. it was good at the time, but lets face it. even a nou creation at that time would be considered terrible now.

#58 Before February 2015

correiajoao

My first   level I play was My! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

I dont remember name, but was an original game, because next I play other levels and I saw everymaps same minis!

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#59 Before February 2015

Blobman

mustang wrote:

My first map was a collab with blobman and MIHB. I made some hard minis which was my obsession at the time, while MIHB made some easier ones but later on he also added very hard minis too. Unfortunately, blobman insisted on having a rollercoaster at the beginning of the map, which caused a lot of people to rage quit instead of trying out our minis //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

The second map I ever made was with MIHB again, and I rebuilt it as a saved map but I have not released the link. It has absolutely no art, the beginning has too many hook jumps, but the later minis showed flashes of creativity. If enough are interested I might release the link.

Unfortuately?!? I say that it was a cool little coaster! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Anyways, I think that was my first level too. I spent restless nights playing EE.

#60 Before February 2015

Zalgryth

BunnySMG wrote:

The first level I played was linked to on /b/ in the early summer of 2K10.

How awesome. I was linked to this game from /b/ as well, though it was as recent as February this year. It was to a non-saved private world, which was - to be honest - a piece of crap. But I decided to check out the game a bit, and before I knew it, by the time I checked back, the thread 404'd. I'm grateful to that Anon who introduced me to this game, although I have procrastinated on assignments because of it...

To answer OP's question, though... I don't remember my first EE level. I started playing in February, during college and with mountain-loads of assignment and lost sleep. I can't remember much of anything at that point. Sorry. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, so I might edit this post or post again later, if someone else posts in the meantime.

Cheers.

#61 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

I remember my first level I was a guest in January and I made a tiny boss to code but everyone got the code because I had no clue about the toggle map or people can't see black blocks on the map. At the end it got trolled so I didn't make a level in a while after that.

#62 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Some noobish boss with minis, it was called NSMBWII boss.

#63 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

First played? minigames level, quit 1/3 of the way in.
First made? key boss.

#64 Before February 2015

Slovenia

My first art room!
everybody-edits-art-room.png
September 2010

Last edited by Slovenia (Jun 12 2011 3:45:20 am)

#65 Before February 2015

MadReaper

My first level...
I can't remember, because I made my first level when EE came out on Kongregate, then I didn't play for a while...
I can remember the first one after my return. (When energy was added)
I did a smiley over a whole not saved world. Someoen helped me with filling.

#66 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

ok ill tell you my first level... a boss :'( but thats before i understood what a noob and a troll was in this game, as i hadent learn'd the real ways to play... and... even though everybody will be shocked... i... i... i... created boss's and now im on a mission to destroy them, wierd... but im probably gunna be hunted down for the rest of my life now because i made them

#67 Before February 2015

Totalolness

first game i played in was a random freeplay that i made a neat gravity room where i had gravity pointing at the walls and zero grav dots filling the places that were equal distance to two walls like this:

l<o vvvv o>l
lo vvv vvv ol

i also made a castle to go around it and one or two obbys (as i called minigames then)
then after my place go trolled i went bizerk and (regrettably) brought about the death of the level :/

my first indie level was a minigame/rpg combo in which you wandered around a half-made city with elevators and neat little challenges sprinkle throughout it. I would like to think it did fairly well but i didnt last to long before i got distracted and went home from the library (i didnt have a good internet connection at the time.) so i dont know if lasted for much longer than that.

P.S. this was all a little under a year ago on nonoba so no pics. SRY!

fun fact is i didnt even relize this game was a stand alone indie until about two monthes ago! lol! how did i miss that?

Last edited by Totalolness (Jun 12 2011 5:59:53 am)

#68 Before February 2015

Wesso

mustang wrote:

Well since a few people already have asked for it, I'll link it. Remember, expect hook jumps, some cheap design at the beginning, and an overall difficult map. It's an early work, so it's not polished or refined at all, definitely far from the best work MIHB and myself have done. Enjoy!

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWLQtkhthoa0I
http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWLQtkhthoa0I

The top right corner was for me... impossible. Also the mini right after it looked really BS so I quit but then again, it was a long time ago so I don't blame you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#69 Before February 2015

dol257

my first level was actually a quite good arted adventure maps with standard minis. so my start wasnt that bad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#70 Before February 2015

~Pure~

my first lvl is trolled because there wasnt a lock button ......

#71 Before February 2015

Jamd

my first level was quite popular, it was called 'Boss Minis Art' and was esential some smilies and pyramids and stuff with hooks and jump minis (no grav) it had a huge 'noob eater' which was a boss and was saved, it fetched 849 plays. after that i used that world for a collab with alex (creator of HvZ). it was a space station boss thing. quite fun actually. After that i made cave exploration by LX on it and now has 3000 plays or so.

#72 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

I remember my first level, it was made entirely out of construction blocks.

The entire left side was a giant rollercoaster, and then after that you had to complete some random jumps through arrows, which went to the right side of the map. After that you had to hook jump up half the map(lol) and then make precise jumps back to the middle of the map with no reset arrows below it.

Basically everything you SHOULDN'T put in your level was there.

#73 Before February 2015

RT

I first found out about EE when browsing 4chan, and I remember my first level was a set of multicoloured stairs. At the time, I found this extremely difficult.

DK Levels 142387116090272

Board footer