Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-18 23:50:19, last edited by Creature (2016-02-18 23:51:02)

Creature

Mafia | Game 5 - Mafia/Witch Victory: The New Law

How to Play

Everybody will be assigned a role via random.org. Depending on your role, you’ll have a different win condition.
Town Win Condition: Kill every player not part of the town.
Mafia Win Condition: Kill every player that won’t submit to the mafia.
Witch Win Condition: Survive and take out town. Basically same mafia’s wincon, but has to survive.

During the day, the town can vote on a player to be lynched. There will have no defense, judgement, etc. Once someone gets the majority, this player is out of the game and the night starts. Days last 5 days or 120 hours, however, if the majority votes for a nolynch, it might end earlier.

To vote, you must use “!vote [player]/!nolynch”, bold and use it in a separate paragraph. Remember, voting =/= lynching. You can vote anyone you want whenever you want, it won’t automatically make you suspicious. Pressure votes are recommended.

During the night, any PR role can choose who they’re going to target. Mafia can chat with themselves while the town can make their reads. Nights last 2 days or 48 hours, however, if everybody chooses to skip the night, it might end earlier.

Whenever someone dies, I’ll reveal their role and their will, unless the janitor does a cleaning.

Factional Kill: Anyone in the mafia can sacrifice their night action to perform the factional kill. Roleblocking the mafia who's doing the kill will result in no kill.

Mafia Chat: Mafia Chat is open during the day and the night, so they can plan their moves. Nobody but them can see the chat or what they say, so if you’re mafia, post whatever you want in the chat.

Graveyard Chat: During the night, the dead players can chat among themselves and the medium, if there’s one. The medium is not forced to reveal his identity or be anonymous. However, the medium can’t just copy-paste the dead chat.

Last Wills/Death Notes: Yes, you can use them by putting /will or /dn and opening a quote. Last Wills will show up to town once you're dead, unless you were cleaned by the janitor. You can also use Death Notes if you're a killing role such as town killing or mafia (I don't recommend you use death note as mafia unless you want to cause something).

Useful links:
Basic Guide

Not so basic Guide
Playing as Citizen (This applies if you're a PR too)
Playing as Mafia

Common Tells
Glossary
Although, I recommend some more googling.

Rules
1. Forum Rules apply. With the exception of spam and off-topic, but don’t exaggerate.
2. Respect other players. You’re allowed to scream at them, but don’t go off hand.
3. Don’t gamethrow. Gamethrow is work against your faction wincon, such revealing your mafia team or purposely getting town lynched. Jesting counts as gamethrowing, because there’s no jester.
4. Don’t cheat. I listed all role cards so paraphrasing meta wouldn’t work. Screenshoting your role will make you automatically the lynch target.
5. If you’re dead, you can no longer post in the game thread or in the mafia chat. However, you can post at the graveyard chat during night.
6. Don’t post outside the game thread or the quicktopics I provide. Don’t even try to, I’ll catch you no matter what.
7. This game is for everyone. However, to improve the experience, if you’re known as a toxic/gamethrower/inactive player, I’ll have to blacklist you.
8. Have fun. Don’t stress out.

Prods: If you don't post anything for 24 hours, you'll receive a prod and you'll get another 24 hours to post in the thread or be replaced. If the post seems to don't bring anything, I am going to inform you that your prod hasn't expired. Three prods and you're out, so be active.

Role List

Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Random Town*
Random Town**
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Mafia Support
Mafia Deceptive
Random Mafia***

Witch

* = One Random Town might roll Citizen.
** = Town Killing can't roll in Random Town.
*** = Janitor is unique.

Role Cards

Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Support
Citizen
Mafia Support
Mafia Deceptive
Witch

Living Players
- Calicara | Survived and won - Janitor
- AlphaJon | Survived and won - Witch
- Kaslai | Survived and won - Blackmailer

Graveyard
- Processor | Killed Night 1 by
Mafia - Citizen
- Unau | Lynched D2 - Citizen
- SmittyW | Killed Night 2 by Mafia - Lookout
- W24 | Killed Night 3 by Mafia - Bodyguard
- Ninja | Killed Night 3 by Veteran - Consigliere
- Onjit | Lynched D4 - Doctor
- Anak | Endgamed - Citizen
- maxi123 | Endgamed - Veteran
- Pyromaniac | Endgamed - Citizen
- RhazzleFrazzle | Endgamed - Sheriff

Winners:
Ninja
Calicara
Kaslai
AlphaJon

Events:
Day 1 begins | Night 1 begins | RhazzleFrazzle replaces Zumza

Day 2 begins | VC 1.0 | VC 1.1 | VC 1.2 | VC 1.3 | VC 1.4 | VC 1.5 | VC 1.6 | VC 1.7 | VC 1.8 | Night 2 begins | AmdS replaces !nb4 but then gives up
Day 3 begins | VC 2.0 | Kaslai replaces !nb4/AmdS | VC 2.1 | VC 2.2 | VC 2.3 | VC 2.4 | VC 2.5 | VC 2.6 | VC 2.7 | VC 2.8 | Night 3 begins
Day 4 begins | VC 3.0 | VC 3.1 | VC 3.2 | VC 3.3 | VC 3.4 | VC 3.5 | VC 3.6 | The End | Mafia/Witch Victory | Rants/Review

This is a false statement.

#2 2016-02-28 02:45:03

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Re: Mafia | Game 5 - Mafia/Witch Victory: The New Law

Good morning everyone!

I have finally decided to crawl out of my cave. I also now identify as "Kaslai," as the name "!nb4" doesn't really suit me well anymore. I'm a changed man!

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2016-02-28 05:10:31

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Scumlogic of course.

#4 2016-02-29 01:01:10

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I heard someone out there was pretending to be me. Not cool, man.

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2016-02-29 19:25:50

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I agree that I don't really see AlphaJon as scum (as of now), and lynching him would be a straight-up waste in my opinion.

While I do think Rhaz is a bit suspicious, I'm not entirely sure he's mafia. He frequently acts pretty fast and loose with his votes from what I've seen.

I also think Ninja has been needlessly implicated by Rhaz's fast and loose behavior, though his response to the implication was a little out of proportion for what I personally would have thought reasonable. I don't think that alone is enough to confirm scum, though.

Maxi on the other hand was pretty quick to jump on the Rhaz-initiated Unau bandwagon before, but both of their recent behavior seems to indicate that they aren't working tightly together. Rather, Maxi was just riding along with whatever Rhaz said, possibly to cover up his actual position in the game.  Or maybe Maxi's just lazy and wanted to come off as such.

In all, I'm reading Ninja and Rhaz as suspicious, and Maxi as probably scum.

I really wish the tragedy of Unau could have been averted, but the sins of the past cannot be undone.

#6 2016-03-01 00:24:44

Kaslai
Official Caroler

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Oh well doesn't look like I have too much of a choice. Aggression isn't a scum tell if I do it every game as Town.

Yeah, Rhaz is always pretty aggressive especially as a town PR. That's why I labeled it as suspicious rather than scum.

Anyway, does that count as a hard claim or does the game master confirm hard claims? I don't want to mislynch if it's not.

If it is, I guess Ninja's going to the gallows tonight.

#7 2016-03-01 00:27:31

Kaslai
Official Caroler

maxi123 wrote:

i agree with anak that we should rather replace unau instead of lynching him and getting a potential mislynch
ill also note that ninja looks suspicious with his pattern of copying rhazzle's posts

maxi123 wrote:

actually i was the last one to vote unau and said it was better to replace unau rather than lynch him

Good point, I guess I didn't read the backlog carefully enough.

#8 2016-03-01 01:08:54

Kaslai
Official Caroler

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Moderator doesn't confirm hardclaims Kas. That's the whole point of the game.

I guess that makes sense. Forgive my ignorance...

I'll wait to make my vote official, but unofficially I'll say that I'll probably end up voting for Ninja.

#9 2016-03-01 03:03:27

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Anak wrote:

I don't see the reason why you needed to claim. I was the only one who had voted you really, and it doesn't seem like you couldn't talk your way out of it? Nonetheless, if no one else claims sooner or later, then I'll change my vote.

He does have some genuinely useful information that, if correct, will benefit the town immensely. By claiming, he has basically indicated that he or Ninja is mafia (or he just wants to see the world burn...)

#10 2016-03-01 19:50:35

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I was thinking about the game last night.

We're practically in MyLo right now. If the mafia is collaborating with the witch, then a mislynch will lead to a 3 mafia 1 witch 4 town result, and the rest of the game is then a formality.

If mafia is not collaborating with the witch, then a mislynch isn't an outright loss, but it'll be much harder for us to win.

Rhaz has confirmed that either he or Ninja is scum, but we don't know for sure which one is which. Rhaz is awfully aggressive and Ninja is awfully defensive. Personally, I think we should !vote No Lynch and see what happens overnight.

The worst case scenario is that we get one town death. The best case scenario is mafia attacks a veteran on alert or jailed/healed town, leading to either -1 for both sides or no change at all, respectively.

I'm still leaning towards Ninja being scum over Rhaz, but I'd rather hedge a bit. A night's-worth of information could change this game significantly in our favor.

#11 2016-03-01 20:13:15

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Creature wrote:

If your vote wasn't counted, tell me.

Kaslai wrote:

I think we should !vote No Lynch

I am sad now. Was it because I didn't say !nolynch specifically or was it because you just didn't see?

!nolynch

#12 2016-03-01 20:16:29

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Ah, thanks. I wish I had a more substantial reply than this, but this is all I have to say...

#13 2016-03-04 03:42:55

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I slept peacefully as well.

I guess that summary confirms Rhaz is not scum, and I'm glad we didn't lynch him. One mafia down, two to go.

Also creature, W24 is dead! Why does he have a lynch count...? Mysterious!

#14 2016-03-05 02:27:17

Kaslai
Official Caroler

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Anyways I'm starting to lean towards scum on Kaslai.

I'm curious as to what I've done to deserve such mistreatment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#15 2016-03-05 02:58:41

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Well after yesterday, Rhaz has positioned himself in a seat of power. If he really wanted to, he could probably lynch anyone. That's why I'm really weary right now.

#16 2016-03-05 04:17:20

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Onjit wrote:

IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

Sam Pepper please go

#17 2016-03-06 02:40:24

Kaslai
Official Caroler

My thoughts so far:

Rhaz is almost certainly a Sheriff

Both Rhaz and Cali seem to be awfully invested this late in the game, which seems to often (but not always) be an indicator of town, as scum prefers to go unnoticed at this point.

I'm not getting any scum vibes from Anak or Pyro

Maxi seems be be attempting to just slip by unnoticed right now

Onjit is definitely playing up how favorable of a town member he is right now

Alphajon is quite volatile in his actions. I'm not sure how he is aligned because he seems to be changing his alignment frequently.

#18 2016-03-06 13:30:44

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I'm still curious as to why you're singling me out.

There has to be some reason other than "I feel like it."

#rhaz4pres

#19 2016-03-07 08:36:57

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I'm kind of on the fence about whether we lynch or not.

Because Ninja got himself rek'd by the veteran, we essentially earned a free night. However, we're basically in the same situation we were last night.

The odds of lynching scum given a random choice has actually gone down to 3/8 from 4/10 (similar though slightly worse odds). We can't necessarily rely on another night like last night though, since the bodyguard (who was probably guarding Rhaz) is dead and the mafia knows who the veteran is (and won't attack them again.)

Whoever the mafia are will also probably push towards lynching the veteran since that will be much easier to accomplish than trying to guess when the veteran will expend their second alert night.

I'm also assuming that Rhaz investigated me and came up with a scum result. If the mafia has a framer (which we don't know for sure either way) then that wouldn't be perfectly reliable information, though I can't blame him for jumping on it like he has.

If we mislynch, then the worst case scenario is that we lose 3 town in the night, which is a loss. If we nolynch, we'll lose 2 town at most, which keeps town equal with scum. Like Onjit said though, there's a high probability that we still have a town protective which would keep loss at or below one death. If we lynch a mafia member or the witch though, that would be a worst-case result of 2 scum, 4 town.

Scum-O-Meter:
Rhaz:    0%     [          ]
He's the big cheese around these parts. Anything he says goes.

Pyro:    10%    [|         ]
Pyro clearly seems far too vacant of mind to be scum.

Onjit:    40%    [|||||     ]
Clearly trying his best to appear to be town. He doesn't necessarily have the best interest of the town at heart though, as he's willing to sacrifice town to drag on the game.

Maxi:    50%    [|||||     ]
Maxi has been aligned with Rhaz from the start, possibly as a ploy to hide scum, possibly just because it's easier than thinking for yourself.

Calicara:    50%    [|||||     ]
Very active in the game. I'm having a hard time reading her actions, but she seems reasonably invested in keeping town safe from rash action.

Anak:    70%    [|||||||   ]
I re-evaluated the historical record, and he's been very quiet in general. I think he might have claimed to have been blackmailed from the start as a ploy to gain quick favor with the town. Something's not right with Anak.

Alpha:    80%    [||||||||  ]
Again, very difficult to read. He seems to be constantly changing his alignment and seems like a rogue actor who might be the witch or mafia.

Kas:    100%    [||||||||||]
Rhaz hates this guy. He's also willing to sacrifice town to drag on the duration of the game like Onjit.

#20 2016-03-07 08:59:04

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Onjit wrote:
GOT EM
WE DID IT BOYS
WE GOT THE SLIP

Slip of the keyboard more like.

It'd be 2 scum, 3 town, my apologies.

Wooted by:

#21 2016-03-07 22:07:31

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Pyromaniac wrote:
Kaslai wrote:

Pyro clearly seems far too vacant of mind to be scum.

What the **** is with all these attacks on my intelligence?

Your character is clearly not in his right state of mind as his vote has been stripped.

Wooted by:

#22 2016-03-08 22:28:05

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Eh, I'm inclined to think Onjit as being scum. At least moreso than Cali. Here's hoping.

!vote Onjit

#23 2016-03-08 23:19:07

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I'm genuinely surprised my Scum-o-meter worked to confuse the votes as well as it did, and we only just realized who the witch probably was at the start of day 4.

With Maxi's vote though, we were able to get the quick hammer on Onjit, who we figured was a protective, and with AlphaJon's just-in-time cooperation, we were able to secure the victory. In a situation like this, you need to be really careful with your votes. I was considering busing Cali and voting for her, but then I realized how awful a mistake that probably was.

It sucked being foisted into a mafia role partway through a game for my first game, but we managed somehow.

#24 2016-03-08 23:23:07

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Anak wrote:

Did you just disregard that, or were you trying to mess with me?

We were trying to mess with you. I was seriously considering implicating myself as mafia to encourage you to not vote for me (assuming you thought we thought you were the witch)

It would have been a WIFOM attempt to get you to think I was actually a target marked for death by the mafia, and then subsequently you'd then lobby to save me from the gallows.

Instead I somehow managed to derail the Kas-wagon myself.

#25 2016-03-08 23:44:43

Kaslai
Official Caroler

AlphaJon wrote:

Kaslai wasn't in the logged in users list when I received the PM

That's because the messages are sent via out-of-forum means, proxied through the host.

The reason I waited so long to contact you was because I wanted to be as sure as possible that you were the witch. I didn't want to reveal any cards unnecessarily. Sorry for leaving you all alone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Also, I had literally just sat down at the computer when you placed the vote on Onjit, and I didn't even get your response to my message until after I placed my vote.

RhazzleFrazzle1457531347587571

Board footer