Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

more people are being hacked

Crap what should we do?

#2 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Re: more people are being hacked

ThuggishPrune wrote:

Crap what should we do?

Pull the emergency alarm and fire the nukes!

#3 Before February 2015

Jak

make our passwords kqejrhfluweirhfiuwerhluehfluiwehfuiwelrhfuynsxilyhfjdiew

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Make your profiles private, make your passwords unguessable, and don't give your password away.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 Before February 2015

Nou

Just don't give either your email or pw away and they can't do anything. Hiding your profile has no use unless you're prone to giving your stuff away in which case my first sentence has no use either and you deserve to have your account stolen.

No u.

#6 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I still don't believe people are being hacked. Why would someone hack random players instead of the admins?

#7 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i think the admins have a private server for ee, so that can help. also, for admins, chris could recognize them by ip adress and not password.

#8 Before February 2015

Pandapo

Maybe its cyclone that hacking people with the info he got from the forum? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
There are people that have the same pass and e-mail on the forum

#9 Before February 2015

BEE

No offense to anyone, but wouldn't the hackers want to hack admins, excrew members, or other "famous" ee people instead of regular players?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#10 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ That.. I mean they would want to hack Epic people like Echo or mods and Admins.

I don't think there is much to worry about.

#11 Before February 2015

Infinity7

Brawler700 wrote:

i think the admins have a private server for ee, so that can help. also, for admins, chris could recognize them by ip adress and not password.

^ didn't you read this?

#12 Before February 2015

Echo!

Infinity7 wrote:
Brawler700 wrote:

^ didn't you read this?

^"I think"means alot, who knows?

Last edited by Echo! (Jun 17 2011 8:11:58 am)

#13 Before February 2015

Radeo

Jak wrote:

make our passwords kqejrhfluweirhfiuwerhluehfluiwehfuiwelrhfuynsxilyhfjdiew

^Enough said. Do that and don't download slow 'cheats' etc and you'll be just fine.

#14 Before February 2015

DK Levels

I wouldn't call it 'hacking' if the person was stupid enough to trust someone they don't know with their account.
Just don't give out your password ...

#15 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

BEE wrote:

No offense to anyone, but wouldn't the hackers want to hack admins, excrew members, or other "famous" ee people instead of regular players?

I take great offense....

#16 Before February 2015

Nou

BEE wrote:

You have no idea how many times someone wanted to steal my account. I just lol at them and leave.

No u.

#17 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

BEE wrote:

I'm pretty sure excrew members would be harder to phish than normal users.
You need to get in the mindset of a hacker. Er, phisher, there's no real hacking going on.

I once tried to scam people on Gaia once. It succeeded a bit but my alt account also got banned. My criteria was as followed:
Has a stupid username
has expensive items
is an idiot.

Stupid username being 'x_babicakes_x' or something equally stupid. Usually would have several x's
expensive items make it worthwhile, otherwise, there's no good reason to do it.
If they weren't an idiot [By idiot, I mean they probably don't have good grammar and want to be richer] they would know basic internet safety which would be DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR DAMN PASSWORD.
When I tried to scam people, I had a form thing that went as follows:
Username
Password
Email
How much gold you want

Most people reported my PM's, but another used a mule.
This mule had their main added.
They ended up having the same password.
After seeing there was no decent items in the account, I pm'd them from their account and told them not to be such an idiot. This is because I'd feel guilty about it afterwards.

On EE, it probably works like so:
'Get gems/chat/big spender! Just give me your email and pass!'
Woah, free gems, this would be a good opportunity! You give them your email and pass and woah! You've been hacked.
Not really, you fell for an easy scam.
And what's worse is that people don't realize the number one rule of internet safety: Don't give out your password.

And if they have the same email password as ee password, well, look, you can't even get your account back.
The majority of EE players, as I believe, are kids. Kids want money, kids are stupid [simply because of their age], so they fall for it. Quite the easy prey.
Now, let's see. Nou is... what, 20 something? Most of the excrew members are older than the majority of EE, and wouldn't be such easy targets. If an admin were to fall for an easy trick, well... they shouldn't be an admin.
Oh! I have another way to phish passes.
You could, for example, PM someone on the forum saying you'll give them gems etc.
You could also say that there has been suspicious activity on their account, explain how you're an 'admin' and say you need their info to investigate.
Or, you could simply befriend them and promise to share accounts, get their info that way.

The best way not to get your account stolen is to not share accounts, don't fall for tricks, and don't give out your password.
Also, always check that you are indeed on everybodyedits.com or beta.everybodyedits.com and not everybodyedlts.com.
You could register a domain that looks similar to 'everybodyedits' and... copy the flash, but once they 'login' to this fake ee, you get their account info. Just 'link' to a level and have them need to sign in.
Claim to have eeattacker or some program like that, then give a download link to a keylogger that somehow reports back to you.
Have an easy to guess password.
Simple and easy.

Okay, this is getting quite long and I'm out of ideas, so, uh, congratulations if you read all of this.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Jun 17 2011 5:06:12 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#18 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Ok, I officially don't trust you anymore!

I think I'm going to go change all my passwords again...

#19 Before February 2015

Palm

truly its only people with chat.

#20 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

TakoMan02 wrote:

Ok, I officially don't trust you anymore!

I think I'm going to go change all my passwords again...

Oh yeah, I was going to mention you. Guess I forgot. But yeah, you could also be like Tako here and accidentally say your password in a public chat.
But as I said, I'd feel too guilty to do anything. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#21 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

This is why my password is like 20 characters long. If I get hacked, I'll change my password to 100, if I can. Then, if I can, I will flip it upside down using typeupsidedown.com and paste it in. There. THE MOST SECURE PASSWORD EVAH!!

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Jun 17 2011 7:51:35 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Panic

I've got a few sheets of random passwords that I can string together in any way, and somehow I can remember it lol.
All of my passwords for everything are different. I don't get why people think giving your account away through some scam counts as getting hacked.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#23 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Here is the mentality of someone buying a 'free gem' scam:

"Hey, this guy is going to give me FREE MONEY!!!"

Seriously? Who would do that?

Zoey2070 wrote:

Now, let's see. Nou is... what, 20 something?

I'd say maybe 15-18. He posted a picture of himself on a thread once, so that'd be my reasoning.

Last edited by Tako (Jun 18 2011 12:05:17 am)

#24 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

I cant find a reason why would anybody not hack people like Echo's, Tako's, Nou's, MIHB's.

No, Seriously, Why are they that dumb?

#25 Before February 2015

Toby

I'm not sure, but I think all of the admins use fb login, which restricts how many times you can try to log in, plus they need our email addresses to attempt it, which they don't have.

Normal EE doesn't restrict attempts, so you can try logging in with all combinations.

ThuggishPrune 142387124690186

Board footer