Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-13 18:59:50

Website

Portal with boosts bug

When you get launched into a portal with boosts, you get stuck on the block (red) next to the target portal if the portals are orientated like in the GIF (green path is the path you should normally follow). This doesn't work if you orientate the portals differently:
0q07HJ6.gif
It's also kinda weird that you immediately stop on the block and don't fall off... It also works with arrows, but then you get stuck like halfway on the red block.

vF0MA5o.png

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2016-02-13 19:01:49

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Portal with boosts bug

inb4 fixing would break physics and broken physics isn't as bad as broken levels but then again didn't they fix broken physics once so idk maybe we'll get lucky

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2016-02-13 19:06:04

Koya
Fabulous Member

Different55 wrote:

inb4 fixing would break physics and broken physics isn't as bad as broken levels but then again didn't they fix broken physics once so idk maybe we'll get lucky

That boost bias bug which was annoying everyone was said to break levels but it was fixed this update with nothing bad happening.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 2016-02-13 19:25:40

Anatoly

Thats bug happens because of the portal rotation.  The left is into down but the pwer from the right pushes it right to one block, if you rotate the portal the smiley wont get stuck

#5 2016-02-13 21:49:08

zioxei

AnatolyEE wrote:

Thats bug happens because of the portal rotation.  The left is into down but the pwer from the right pushes it right to one block, if you rotate the portal the smiley wont get stuck

What? How? The rotation of portals and boosts which he showed should make you go down but they don't.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wooted by:

#6 2016-02-13 22:51:55

skullz17

I think it's because once you reach the portal block you still have vertical speed due to how boosts work.

Koya wrote:
Different55 wrote:

That boost bias bug which was annoying everyone was said to break levels but it was fixed this update with nothing bad happening.

Actually that did slightly break the legend of zelda title theme in my music level, but it just means that you have to hold up otherwise you get an extremely slow tempo so I don't really care.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 2016-02-14 09:23:17

Anatoly

zioxei wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

What? How? The rotation of portals and boosts which he showed should make you go down but they don't.

Yes because the pwoer of the right boost into left was also existing so he moved to one block. If the pwoer was into left and not down he wouldnt get stuck. If you want to go down, just place an invisible block left to the left portal!

#8 2016-02-14 13:27:57

Website

AnatolyEE wrote:
zioxei wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Yes because the pwoer of the right boost into left was also existing so he moved to one block. If the pwoer was into left and not down he wouldnt get stuck. If you want to go down, just place an invisible block left to the left portal!

But when you place the target portal to up, you don't go to the left...

vF0MA5o.png

#9 2016-02-14 15:16:37

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I dont think its a bug
you get stuck on red block instead of falling down because of inertia force from the vertical boosts

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

TaskManager1455459397582949

Board footer