Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

*Un-offical Safety Topic*

How to keep your account safe

This is a topic to inform people on how to keep their account safe, and how to avoid possible scammers trying to steal your account. This topic is mostly for new players, but if you want to read it anyway it will be an informative guide on how to keep your account safe from hackers, spammers, and people who mass share accounts.

Your account is yours

When you sign up for Everybody Edits you are given the opportunity to create your own unique account. Your account belongs to you and no one else. You do NOT have to share it, or give it away to anyone you do not want to. There is no reason for anyone else to be on your account, because it belongs to you.

Do not share your password!

You never really know who people are online. You cannot trust anyone. Just because someone may say they will not share your account doesn't mean they are telling the truth. You should never ever share your password with anyone you do not know, or trust. Because the next thing you know your account will be shared with the whole EE community.

Do not believe everything you hear

If someone tells you they will let you into their elite crew if you give them your account info it is not worth it. People who intentionally ask you for your account information are usually liars who want to steal you account and delete your things. NEVER listen to anyone who promises you free things for your account information because you never know who that person really is.

"Also, the popular scam going around is account info, for membership into EX crew. EX crew is full of smart, mature, talented people who would never ask anyone for their account info. So if anyone claims they will give you membership into EX crew they are probably lying.

Use common sense

If you do not want your account mass shared do not share your account info. There is never any reason to HAVE to share your account. Your account is yours and no one elses. Do NOT give your password to people you do not know, and do NOT listen to anyone you think is trying to hack you. Think before you act and use common sense.

Know the consequences

If you, or anyone else uses your account to flame, and/or hurt people your account will be banned. If your account is mass shared, you will be banned. The administrators are not stupid and if your account is being abused it will be banned. If you KNOW your account is being abused change the password. It is the easiest way to prevent a banned account.

Never share yours, or other accounts

If you happen to find someone elses account being shared report them. It is NEVER okay to leech off a shared account even if it has "Beta and chat". Some people actually pay for those things and it's not fair to others if you are getting them for free. And if you quit EE and have a beta account do NOT mass share it. If you are leaving and do not want your account to go to waste give it to someone your really know and trust who will not abuse it. Sort of like a gift for being a really good friend. Don't give it to just any random stranger who will abuse your account.

This has been a friendly public service announcement by Failgirl101. I hope those who read this will think twice before sharing their accounts.

Last edited by Calicara (Jun 23 2011 4:51:49 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: *Un-offical Safety Topic*

Don't listen to anyone wanting to trade accounts.

and

Use common sense wrote:

If you do not want your account mass shared do not share your account info. There is never any reason so HAVE to share your account. Your account is yours and no one elses. Do NOT give your password to people you do not know, and do NOT listen to anyone you think is trying to hack you. Think before you act and use common sense. I

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Uh, isn't this ALL common sense?
Regardless, this needs to be stickied.

#4 Before February 2015

Jak

my friend needs to do this

Last edited by Jak (Jun 22 2011 6:57:09 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Chimi

Failgirl101 wrote:

Just because someone may say they will not share your account does mean they are telling the truth.

...It does?

I'd add something about making a secure password. Good guide though.

#6 Before February 2015

Master1

Jak wrote:

my friend needs to do this

I have a crazy feeling that your talking about me...

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#7 Before February 2015

Calicara

Chimi wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

Just because someone may say they will not share your account does mean they are telling the truth.

...It does?

I'd add something about making a secure password. Good guide though.

Thanks.

I mean I know it's pretty much common sense, but there has been alot of shared accounts going around so I thought it would be a good reminder to not share your accounts or password.

Calicara 142387148589947

Board footer