Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-02-02 00:58:13

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Regarding Jawapa's demodding

Hello,

If you're reading this post, I'm sure you already know what happened.  I was removed from moderation and banned from the game, for fraudulent activity.

I take full responsibility for renaming my alt account.  I registered an alt with the name "thalium."  At some point, the name was changed to "endeavor," and then "hashbrown."  This was done so that I could play worlds, have conversations with people, but still be able to moderate without being hounded with questions.  Renaming an account to have the same name as another made it so a user could not look it up on ee.yonom.org, or pull up a profile.

The gem codes that were generated and tossed around, were created on one of my accounts after I had TV'd with someone.  I had asked them for help on a bot, and I had the email/password to an alt in the source.  The password to the alt was the same as the password to my main account.
The gem codes Nou shown were created January 10th.  This is the last time I've edited the bot, January 16th, which was after I had TV'd with the person.
0dibQ9mh.png
I have a bunch of logs from TeamViewer that go all the way back to November.  I don't know where it shows I had a connection at, or if that's even what these logs are, but I could post those too.

Due to my clumsiness, I have offered to replace any funds lost due to them gaining access to my account.

Selling gems.  I'm not sure where this is coming from, but it isn't true.  I would never try and steal money from a game that I love.  Why would try and destroy something that I've helped build?  It doesn't make sense to me.  I donated my time to EE because I wanted to, I didn't want to get paid, I wasn't looking for benefits.  I done it because it was enjoyable, and because I wanted to volunteer.

The account that was deleted, was not deleted to cover any steps.  Steps cannot be covered if they are not taken.  The account was deleted after Zoey and I had talked about the account having a lot of gems on it, and having BC, and moderating from an alt, etc.  I told her that I would delete the account if that made her happy.  So I did.  This took place the same day that the topic about my main account having a lot of gems.  There are chat logs from IRC that can back this up.

I wish that someone would have come to me and talked about this privately.  I had come home from school, and had to find out on the forums.  No matter how the outcome would have been, some sort of conversation prior would have been appreciated.

As for the new website design people are asking about: I've asked Nou if he will let me finish it.  If not, I'll send what I have done over to them, and see if they will finish it.

With it being Nou's word vs. mine, I'm sure this means nothing.  Nonetheless, I don't want to leave with the community thinking I'm a thief.  I'm not after my moderation spot back, or getting unbanned.  I want to leave knowing that people know the truth, and are not looking at me as a thief because of a false story.

There are just events that took place over the last few days that make me look guilty, and I have little to nothing to defend myself with.

I wish you all well,
JaWapa

Discord: jawp#5123

#52 2016-02-02 01:06:24

shadowda

so is there a spot open for mod...

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#53 2016-02-02 01:09:44, last edited by Schlog (2016-02-02 02:09:09)

Schlog

I have no idea whether or not JaWapa is innocent here. Everything posted seems pretty legit and convincing.
I'm going to remain neutral.

Wooted by: (4)

#54 2016-02-02 01:14:13

shadowda

so when it says he is banned form the game forever. does that mean he cant even make a new alt to keep playing?

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#55 2016-02-02 01:17:15

AmdS
Website

shadowda wrote:

so when it says he is banned form the game forever. does that mean he cant even make a new alt to keep playing?

Dude, his ip is banned

And if he is permanently banned from the game, he can't play in any ways.

#56 2016-02-02 01:20:44

imgood9

shadowda wrote:

That is what is known as ban evasion, my friend.

#57 2016-02-02 01:34:38

Anch

I'm not defending JaWapa, but I'm not saying he is wrong either. I just don't understand why people hate him so much. He may have done some questionable things in the past, but I don't understand why people love hating him. I think people just see negative posts about him, and join the bandwagon.

#58 2016-02-02 01:38:26

Xfrogman43

anch159 wrote:

I'm not defending JaWapa, but I'm not saying he is wrong either. I just don't understand why people hate him so much. He may have done some questionable things in the past, but I don't understand why people love hating him. I think people just see negative posts about him, and join the bandwagon.

I thought I was the only one who didn't hate him. Now that I saw his post, I know that it was an accident and I'm sure he knows to
1) not put main account password as alt account
2) Don't show password in source code

Anyways, Jawapa has done some... not good things in the past but you shouldn't hate somebody for doing small bad things. Sure, they can lead to stuff like this but most of the time they don't. Stop loving to hate Jawapa just because your bestfriend does...

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#59 2016-02-02 01:39:37, last edited by Abelysk (2016-02-02 01:40:20)

Abelysk

I was personally friends with JaWapa, and he even "helped me" have my guild established *wink*.

I don't think JaWapa stole Gems, but idk... His post could be damage control, or could be something else. I'm sure JaWapa's post would be full of rage if he hadn't done anything wrong, so he did do something bad, or at least sort of bad.

Wooted by:

#60 2016-02-02 01:45:37, last edited by Calicara (2016-02-02 01:47:16)

Calicara

Coming from a biased perspective,

Let's be real. If even Jawapas story is legitimate who is going to defend him? First of all, I feel like as a moderator Jawapa should have had better communication with Nou. Regardless of whether you were actually stealing or not, the fact that such a large miscommunication happened between the owner and a moderator shows the lack of communication between staff. I blame Jawapa more in this endeavor since it was his project to begin with. Just like with the forums, if you are making and running alternate accounts that have not been authorized by the staff you should be penalized.

Feeling bad for Jawapa losing his job would be like feeling bad when Donald Trump loses the primaries. Sucks to be you, but it doesn't change the fact that your under qualified and bigoted.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by: (6)

#61 2016-02-02 02:07:35

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm not going to miss JaWapa, but I'm not going to be bashing on him or anything for what he's done, either

At least until Epic Rap Battles Of EE comes out

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#62 2016-02-02 02:07:48, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2016-02-02 02:08:43)

Xfrogman43

Calicara wrote:

by the staff you should be penalized.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be penalized, I'm all for people getting punished for doing bad things. Sure, a ban even, but 99% of EE Hates jawapa (Maybe even 98%) for some reason, or just to join the bandwagon.

I'm not defending Jawapa because I'm sure he can defend himself in the situation provided, and I'm not into defending people when they got themselves into the problem.

Staff communication could use a little more work and they should tell all of them if they have any alternate accounts, and if they lie, they get off the staff team.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (3)

#63 2016-02-02 02:14:19

Calicara

As I said, writing from a biased perspective. And I refuse to feel bad for him not only because he is a poor moderator, but for his political views as well. You are free to agree/disagree with me.

tgA1y17.jpg

#64 2016-02-02 02:14:33

hummerz5

Calicara wrote:

Coming from a biased perspective,

Let's be real. If even Jawapas story is legitimate who is going to defend him? First of all, I feel like as a moderator Jawapa should have had better communication with Nou. Regardless of whether you were actually stealing or not, the fact that such a large miscommunication happened between the owner and a moderator shows the lack of communication between staff. I blame Jawapa more in this endeavor since it was his project to begin with. Just like with the forums, if you are making and running alternate accounts that have not been authorized by the staff you should be penalized.

Feeling bad for Jawapa losing his job would be like feeling bad when Donald Trump loses the primaries. Sucks to be you, but it doesn't change the fact that your under qualified and bigoted.

Yes. I feel like communication in the EE staff realm is nonexistent. Glad I'm not the only one. The alternate account issue, was that put in the rules?

Your far-fetched analogy doesn't make sense: bigotry should play no role in moderating the game, unless it leads to improper decisions while operating in such capacities.

And please don't start on who is qualified to run EE. To be frank: the staff we have is wholly unqualified for EE as we are still in this position:
A) lack of communication
B) deplorable state of EE's playerbase.

#65 2016-02-02 02:18:14

GravityDonut
Formerly Mkgamer

Does this mean Master1 is the only mod left? (koto quit for personal reasons iirc)

Wooted by:

#66 2016-02-02 02:27:20, last edited by Minimania (2016-02-02 02:27:36)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mkgamer wrote:

Does this mean Master1 is the only mod left? (koto quit for personal reasons iirc)

Oh shoot...

Ultrabass, Koto, Jawapa...

Zoey4Mod

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#67 2016-02-02 02:34:34

Dazz

Would be a good idea to take this on private and discuss this matter diplomatically with eachother and the others, doing it here makes things even worse and everyone dies to see the drama. Everyone makes mistakes, this might be another silly, stupid mistake simply because you don't communicate enough with eachother and later you turn against eachother or the whole community goes crazy.

#68 2016-02-02 02:41:48

Evilbunny

JaWapa wrote:

I wish that someone would have come to me and talked about this privately.  I had come home from school, and had to find out on the forums.  No matter how the outcome would have been, some sort of conversation prior would have been appreciated.

>assuming this is true
Yea ok. That's really not cool of the other staff to go ahead and post this without even talking to Jawapa first. Let's say Jawapa had proof he did nothing wrong and you guys posted this. His reputation would be ruined even though he did nothing wrong. While idk if he is innocent or not, it really doesn't matter now. You guys really blew that.

I expected better from the EE staff. What kind of company are you running where people who work for you are being told they are being let go by a public post not even personally directed to him? That is unprofessional and flat out disrespectful. If you wanted to be petty and shame him for stealing, you could have at least talked personally with him beforehand.

Regardless of the circumstances, this post was inappropriate and gives a poor impression of EE as a whole.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#69 2016-02-02 02:44:25

Creature

NE7TZN8.png

This is a false statement.

#70 2016-02-02 02:44:31

Codfoshie

I wasn't going to comment until I saw both sides of the story and frankly most of the forum people should not have either. I tend not to comment on a situation unless both sides of the story are shown.

Before you read on, I prefered Nou to Jawapa way before this situation happened.

If we only had Nou's story it'd be:

Omg that jawapa nub is guilty.

And that's what the majority of you people did. You swooped down like vultures, attacking and destroying Jawapa.

What would you do if you came home and this happened to you?
Would you like it if a "Work colleague" stabbed you in the back, and completely ruin your reputation amongst a sizable community?
Would you like it if a PRIVATE ISSUE was broadcasted on a message board?
Would you like it if your gamer friends suddenly turn on you?

I feel sorry for Jawapa somewhat, because what if all this is a massive misunderstanding? I know a couple of the staff weren't overly found of him, so what if all of this is a massive rouse to oust him from the game?

IF what jawapa said was true, then you all are just horrible people, hence why I despise the forums. It is the cancer of EE.

Giving your "alt" gems to get items is a bit iffy as well. Why would you need to buy anything? The basic 7/8 smileys are plenty. You don't need Builders club either. It is just an account to go chat to people normally, without getting harassed with questions. Changing names to secure the anonymity of your "alt" is pretty iffy too. I had a few alts myself, and I never gave away who I was. So could Jawapa have kept quiet about using an alt? Probably.

My view on the situation based on the 2nd side of the story: Jawapa had no need to "purchase" gems [codes] on it, nor need to change the name of his alt. Mainly because it does look suspicious. He also should have reviewed the bot before he gave it to someone. I can understand that was a mistake, leaking your password in some code. Thats if it did happen.

I have lost a lot of respect for Nou, throwing this private situation to the public eye. My respect for Jawapa has remained the same. Even if what Nou said is true.

Jawapa was pretty much being bullied over an accusation. This is why I don't go on Forums, as most of it is now cancerous.

TL;DR? Nou and Jawapa should have discussed this in private. People on the forums suck.

#71 2016-02-02 02:53:55, last edited by Schlog (2016-02-02 03:01:35)

Schlog

you could at least let jawapa to continue playing the game as a chatbanned user rather than permabanning him
he has friends on here that are really disappointed about this news. not everyone wanted him gone, you know. he did do something really bad though and deserves punishment for it, but a permaban is way to serious in my opinion here.
everyone should get a second chance.

#72 2016-02-02 02:57:19

Erquerliet

Calicara wrote:

As I said, writing from a biased perspective. And I refuse to feel bad for him not only because he is a poor moderator, but for his political views as well. You are free to agree/disagree with me.

Is having different politcal opinions a good reason not to feel bad for somebody?
Also some people are mentioning Trump in this thread - what he hell does he have to do with all this? This is stupid.
(I don't even like Trump but it's just so stupid to me)

TnhaiGq.png

Wooted by: (2)

#73 2016-02-02 03:10:44

Prodigy

1. ... EXCUSES! lol Just Kidding but you guys gotta calm down because at first you don't want JaWapa to have fun and now this!
2. @JaWapa: Change that signature to EE Player or EE "Moderator"

h0qIF0q.png

#74 2016-02-02 03:14:45, last edited by Calicara (2016-02-02 03:15:28)

Calicara

Erquerliet wrote:
Calicara wrote:

Is having different politcal opinions a good reason not to feel bad for somebody?
Also some people are mentioning Trump in this thread - what he hell does he have to do with all this? This is stupid.
(I don't even like Trump but it's just so stupid to me)

This is getting off topic, so this will be the last things I post:

I am not saying I am right. In fact I realize that I am being liberal with my opinions. However, my dislike for Jawapa is personal. If anything more is to be said, it is exactly what Evilbunny has already posted. This topic is poor representation on Nou's part. Other than that, I do not and will not feel bad for Jawapa, and I am glad that he's gone.

tgA1y17.jpg

#75 2016-02-02 03:26:15

Yandax

Personally, I believe JaWapa's story. But hey, I'm a sucker for lies and truth alike. I am however appalled. I may be wrong, but I think I'm seeing people who originally wanted JaWapa back after he decided to leave the game, now saying, "So long sucker, you'll never be missed and we hate yer guts."

Please note that I like to exaggerate things.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

Zoey20701454455527579988

Board footer