Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-14 02:00:03, last edited by sthegreat (2016-01-14 12:37:26)

sthegreat

User Campaigns

Sry in advance for impending wall of text.

So this is a suggestion I have thought about for a while and would really like to see added to EE. One of the main problems with this game, to me anyway, is a simple lack of good levels to play. At the moment good levels can be found only through the forums, which is not only annoying but also discouraging to new players. Basically, with this suggestion crews or individual people could publish levels in campaigns and all users could see them, even if nobody is on. These would also remember you beat them, but not remember your position ever.

PUBLISHING/CREATING:

This would need some kind of system for creating them, if you could just make them there would be endless impossible campaigns or walls of hooks. I think that you should have to pay something like 500 energy for each world added to the campaign (there should be some limit to the amount of worlds in a campaign, but not too restrictive. 1-20 worlds per campaign maybe?). Anyways, after adding the worlds you would have to verify each one by clicking a "verify" button which would connect you to the world without edit and you would have to beat it. Once you had verified all of them you could publish it. You could also request a specific rating, more on that later.

MENU SYSTEM:

Obviously this would require some menu tweaking to carry out. IMO the best way to do so would be to make the campaigns in a separate tab of the level lobby. From there you could select either "Online Worlds", which would have online, plays, likes, etc. as sub-menus OR you could select "Campaigns" which would have the sub-menus Official Campaigns, Most Liked, Most Played, New, or Trending (currently trending campaigns). You would also be able to specifically search for levels of certain difficulty, somehow. It would also show the length of the campaign from the lobby.

RATINGS (DIFFICULTY):

All the new campaigns would of course have to be rated, so they should be rated by players and then confirmed by staff (so rewards would be fair). When a player makes a campaign, it should be unrated at first but players could suggest ratings for it. After a certain amount of ratings are gained for a level it would come to the attention of the staff, where they could fly through in mod-mode and check to see the difficulty. They would then assign it a rating based on the average user rating, the requested rating, and their personal feelings about it. Crappy levels would remain unrated, a level would not have to be good to be rated but it would need at least some effort.

Different ratings and the rewards given for beating them. (subject to change):

Note that for rewards I will always include a "credit" of the level difficulty as a reward, EE is a social game so in addition to energy and gems people also would like something to show off with. The "credits" could be viewed by other players but would not do anything, although it could lead to achievements or unlockables in the future.

1)Auto: Includes art levels, kewl machines, and basically anything not requiring actual parkour/puzzling/etc. Rewards: 1 Auto Credit
2)Basic: The easiest skill-based levels. Rewards: 1 Basic Credit, 10-15 energy
4)Medium: A level of skill challenging for new players but quite easy for older ones. Rewards: 1 Medium Credit, 20-30 energy.
5)Medium-Hard: Something that will take older players awhile to beat but will not be very challenging. Rewards: 1 Medium Hard Credit, 50-100 energy.
6)Hard: Difficult for pretty much everyone. Rewards: 1 Hard Credit, 150-200 energy, 5 max energy.
7)Hard-Extreme: FFS difficulty. Simply too much for most players. Rewards: 1 Hard-Extreme Credit, 400 energy, 10-15 max energy.
8)Extreme: The hardest anyone but a select few can beat. Rewards: 1 Extreme Credit, energy refill, 20 max energy, 5 gems.
9)Near-Impossible: A bit of a niche difficulty to reward those who verify or beat the hardest levels in the game. Rewards: 1 Near-Impossible Credit, energy refill, 50 max energy, 25 gems.

For simplicity, we could also have auto-mediumhard difficulties reward the same credit in different amounts (maybe not auto).

To anyone who made it this far without dying of boredom, thanks. I hope this is seen and implemented.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#2 2016-01-14 02:05:32

jdude02

Re: User Campaigns

Yes, this would be cool but no gems please.

#3 2016-01-14 02:23:55

sthegreat

jdude02 wrote:

Yes, this would be cool but no gems please.

Well, anything giving gems would have to be harder than ffs so I think it would be balanced, considering you get a similar amount of gems for logging in for a few weeks. Anyways it it still subject to change, I don't really know what would qualify as fair so....

user.php?id=sthegreat

#4 2016-01-14 12:34:20

nlmdejonge

The staff could start with this combined with "these would also remember you beat them".
In fact, these two changes combined might be enough to bring back players.

By the way, maybe slightly edit your first post to make it clear that when you start talking about ratings you mean difficulty ratings and not quality ratings.
It wasn't clear to me, I thought you started talking about quality ratings.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#5 2016-01-14 15:49:08

Anatoly

I wooted alone?

Wooted by:

#6 2016-01-14 18:21:48

nlmdejonge

AnatolyEE wrote:

I wooted alone?

The suggestion by sthegreat is all right, but I reads like it's unlikely to be implemented, because it would require so many changes that I don't really see Nou & co. going for it. A separate lobby tab, a rating system, staff members who need to confirm ratings, a level verify system, remembering who finished what, and allowing players to create and publish campaigns for energy. There are suggestions that are easier to implement that could have a similar positive impact. But, you know, if the staff has time and energy to implement what sthegreat suggests, then: woot! I don't think they do. I think Nou has only posted twice this month. The entire forum feels kind of dead, to be honest. Dunno. When was it again that they were going to give everyone all blocks? Maybe we'll see some interesting new levels after that. I only recently realised that I didn't even get the slippery blocks and the double jump, because those are still in beta. Was in a 'meh, maybe create an EE level with the new stuff' mood, but that ended quickly. Weird game. Maybe Steam support will change things.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

nlmdejonge1452792108575531

Board footer