Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Ghosts Research

Hello I am planning to investigate the properties of a ghost, what causes it and how to get rid of them. To do this I need to know how to make a ghost, if anyone knows please tell me.

#2 Before February 2015

Oturan

Re: Ghosts Research

That depends, what kind of ghost do you want? there's different kinds so it's hard to say without knowing...

wait do you mean a real ghost or an EE ghost? o:

Last edited by Oturan (Jun 26 2011 11:31:37 am)

#3 Before February 2015

Jasonma

cyclopsicle... if you make a ghost in a level... u can't play it again. well i suppose you already know that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile but anyways i heard you join the same level 2 times... on the same account. dunno for sure.

#4 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

...? and that makes a ghost how? I know Jason I'm using a guest to test...

#5 Before February 2015

Jasonma

doesn't work? well it's what i heard... maybe it doesn't work with guests cause each guest has a different number. (guest-1, guest-2, etc.) you have to do it with an acc i think.

#6 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

No guests should work I saw a guest ghost before and Jason, I never said it doesn't work, I'm just wondering on how that would work o.0 and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

#7 Before February 2015

Jasonma

well you probably know more about it than me... i was just trying to help //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile gl in your project. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#8 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I'm fairly sure ghosts are spawned due to laggy internet connection. Client-side you're kicked from the level; server-side your smiley is still in the level. I don't think there's a specific method to follow in order to create a ghost. You just need some bad luck.

Anyone is free to correct me.

#9 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Damn... I have a fast connection :'( *logs into old computer xD*

#10 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

well i know how to get rid of a ghost... your computer has to crash, so theres prety much nothing you can do to get rid of it

#11 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Anyone have knowledge on ghosts creating?

#12 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Ghost creating is simply being in the level for a long time.

It's all luck based, since having a ghost in your level is a permanent guest.

I have 20 ghost-guests in Candyland; the reason why it has 8k plays.

#13 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

No. A ghost is made is when you're in a level and exit EE on your browser using the red X button on the top right corner. The server thinks your person is still in there. I know this... from experience *sigh*

#14 Before February 2015

Jasonma

really? lol that would make me unable to join a LOT of levels... and i dont think i have only visited them once.

#15 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

I'm going to test a new theory.

#16 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

well I've had a ghost three times and basically you have to play one level for a long time and then all of a sudden you will not be able to edit then when you leave and try to come back you will get the to prevent abuse you can only be connected to the same level once. message

#17 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

How do I induce the "all of the sudden you will not be able to edit"?

#18 Before February 2015

Jasonma

hmm... i duno. in the old times it was when the server crashed. then shortly after you crash with it.

#19 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Oh yeah... I remember I would always be making a world then suddenly I can't edit then it sends me to the lobby shortly afterwards.

I have had a ghost in my world once but that was before the 1 person limit. It disappeared over night.

aka towwl

Cyclopsicle 142387224889184

Board footer