Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-08 21:15:54, last edited by Kira (2016-01-08 21:20:56)

Kira

Some suggestions

My first suggestion would be an unique client for everybodyedits, available for every users. No need for unity, no need for HTML 5, a proper client with diverses features could do the job perfectly.
Though, having unity/html 5 is advantageous, lag speaking.

My second suggestion is the personal profile management. Since there's already something for crews with interesting designs, why not for ourselves will we are at it? As I posted before, I would like to organize my worlds, change the orders.. I was also thinking about some kind of 'files', for example, I would have an 'Artwork' file, where I put my past artworks in it, I think It would be a pretty good thing to add.

My third suggestion is the complete change of the lobby. Yeah I might sound wrong, but I think EE needs a complete re-design, as an experienced player who has played everybodyedits for a long time, I still get confused in the lobby sometimes. It would be cool to have a main chat in Everybodyedits in the lobby, people can talk about their projects, things they could do in the future, it would be placed on the left of the lobby. Next we have the worlds that goes in the center of lobby and finally the friends/worlds/crews section on the right of the lobby because honestly.. It takes too much space! I think shop is fine as it is, It's clear enough.

My fourth suggestion would be a player list / crew list and a search list in the main lobby. The player list shows who is online and where they're at, much easier to find someone is particular. Clicking the name of the concerned player would show several options such as "Profile, whisper (for the chat), report, private message, add friend'. Of course, you can hide yourself in the lobby if you don't want to be harassed by everyone. The crew list is kind of the same thing as the player list, it shows who's clan is online and how much persons in it are online and some additional infos such as number of worlds, plays... The search list   isn't an "ID search list", for example let's say you're searching for a precise world in Ex crew but you can't find the exact name, you write "Ex Crew" and it will show every worlds countaining Ex crew in the world name (You can still show worlds by plays/ online/ etc..). The search list is also a player search list, before searching for something in the bar you have the choice between 'worlds / players'.

My fifth suggestion is kind of special, since it deals with harassement issues. Let's say that someone you don't want to talk to someone anymore inside everybodyedits or don't want to see him anymore, you will have the choice to click on "vanish", this new feature will completely delete the user from your screen, you won't see the chat logs from him and even his smiley will be vanished.

My Sixth suggestion is a large variety of ideas I had for a long time now: Vanish blocks, Crumble blocks and Bricks. Vanish blocks are simple, touching them will make them vanish from your screen for several seconds before they come back. Crumble blocks would be my less liked suggestion here since It's kinda weird: this block can dissapear if you hit it hard enough with you smiley, for example you will have to jump on it 2-3 times before it breaks. It will come back soon after. Bricks are a kinda cool thing to add to be honest since bricks can be destroyed by hitting it with your head only. It would create some interesting concepts such as prison escapes or minigames!

And my last and seventh suggestions is tools for map making. This one is probably the biggest project here. When newbies are playing everybodyedits, they are also interested into world making, and I think we could make the life easier for every users in EE with these tools I'm talking about. The first tool is the popular filling tool. I'm not really sure how you would organize that, but It would help so much people to gain some times instead taking 1 hour filling a 200x400. The second tool is kinda a childish tool. My idea is that you could have predefined forms such as circles and sizes you could directly draw in the minimap or in-game. Some others interesting tools would be things like "Back", pressing this buttom would delete the last action you made, Let's say that you made something you dislike, such as a disgusting house that will take years to delete. Not a problem with this tool, keep pressing back will simply delete the house flawlessly.

That's it;

#2 2016-01-08 21:34:06, last edited by Gosha (2016-01-08 21:34:20)

Gosha

Re: Some suggestions

Why not add fully black background?

Wooted by:

#3 2016-01-08 22:44:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

1. We need Unity or HTML5. We already have an .exe client and people can also play via .swf client.

2. Yes to all of this.

3. I think the current version of the lobby is OK, but a global lobby chat, added as a tab in the right window (the window with friends, worlds, crews and such) would be very good.

4. I kinda support it but its quite confusing.

5. A perma (till you cancel it) block for the chat and friend request is enough. If the player you vanished will activate a key in a world you play it will be quite confusing because you can't see anyone doing so.

6. Yes to all of this.

7. I support all of this except for the "undo" tool.

Kira wrote:

a disgusting house that will take years to delete. Not a problem with this tool, keep pressing back will simply delete the house flawlessly.

Seems to me that spamming the undo key will cost not only more time than it would take for just deleting the house, but it will also cost your finger which will die off from constant key-spamming...

all in all this topic is woot-worthy

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2016-01-08 23:44:04

some woman

maxi123 wrote:
Kira wrote:

a disgusting house that will take years to delete. Not a problem with this tool, keep pressing back will simply delete the house flawlessly.

Seems to me that spamming the undo key will cost not only more time than it would take for just deleting the house, but it will also cost your finger which will die off from constant key-spamming...

it's much faster than having to manually delete the house

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by:

#5 2016-01-09 01:12:01

Br0k3n

maxi123 wrote:

How about this: Undo works from the point the person used a type of block to the end (like mspaint and photoshop do when drawing).

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

#6 2016-01-09 01:37:47

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Br0k3n wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

How about this: Undo works from the point the person used a type of block to the end (like mspaint and photoshop do when drawing).

that would work

i8SwC8p.png

#7 2016-01-09 03:33:48

imgood9

Kira wrote:

My first suggestion [ . . . ] an [sic] unique client for everybodyedits.

The game has a downloadable .exe and .swf, I think html5 would work for the web-based version, but the option to download the client is available.

Kira wrote:

[ . . . ] personal profile management [ . . . ] I would like to organize my worlds, change the orders.. I was also thinking about some kind of 'files', for example, I would have an 'Artwork' file, where I put my past artworks in it, I think It would be a pretty good thing to add.

I think this is a pretty good idea. Having control over your crew page but not your own profile page was always odd to me. This would keep things consistent.

Kira wrote:

[T]he complete change of the lobby. [ . . . ] EE needs a complete re-design [ . . . ] It would be cool to have a main chat in Everybodyedits in the lobby, people can talk about their projects, things they could do in the future, it would be placed on the left of the lobby. Next we have the worlds that goes in the center of lobby and finally the friends/worlds/crews section on the right of the lobby [.]

No. The lobby should be made a bit simpler, but I don't see the need for a complete overhaul. Plus, the options menu has a tutorial you can replay if you skipped through it when it first appeared to everyone.
When you make a new account you're greeted with a tour of the lobby and you're told how to navigate it.

The only lobby changes I'd make would be with the mess of tabs to sort through. Simplifying that would help lots.

Kira wrote:

[ . . . ] a player list / crew list and a search list in the main lobby [ . . . ] much easier to find someone is particular. Clicking the name of the concerned player would show several options such as "Profile, whisper (for the chat), report, private message, add friend'. [ . . . ] The search list   isn't an "ID search list", for example let's say you're searching for a precise world in Ex crew but you can't find the exact name, you write "Ex Crew" and it will show every worlds countaining [sic] Ex crew in the world name (You can still show worlds by plays/ online/ etc..). The search list is also a player search list, before searching for something in the bar you have the choice between 'worlds / players'.

What's in bold already exists in the game. You can send private messages to people in the game; there's a tab called "Inbox" just for that purpose. You can also add friends by username.
You can search for a world's name (so long as at least one person is in the world) by typing in the world's name in the cryptically-named search bar and clicking the magnifying glass instead of "ID."

The rest of the idea is unnecessary, in my opinion.

Kira wrote:

[ . . . ] Let's say that someone you don't want to talk to someone anymore inside everybodyedits or don't want to see him anymore, you will have the choice to click on "vanish", this new feature will completely delete the user from your screen, you won't see the chat logs from him and even his smiley will be vanished.

I believe there's a /mute command to silence someone who's bothering you in chat while you're both in the same world. If there isn't, one should be added.

Kira wrote:

[ . . . ]Vanish blocks, Crumble blocks and Bricks. Vanish blocks are simple, touching them will make them vanish from your screen for several seconds before they come back. Crumble blocks would be my less liked suggestion here since It's kinda weird: this block can dissapear if you hit it hard enough with you smiley, for example you will have to jump on it 2-3 times before it breaks. It will come back soon after. Bricks are a kinda cool thing to add to be honest since bricks can be destroyed by hitting it with your head only.

Ripped straight from Platform Racing 2.
I don't think those blocks will carry over with the way EE is played versus the way Platform Racing 2 is played.

Kira wrote:

[A] popular filling tool [ . . . ] would help so much people to gain some times instead taking 1 hour filling a 200x400. The second tool is kinda a childish tool. My idea is that you could have predefined forms such as circles and sizes you could directly draw in the minimap or in-game. Some others interesting tools would be things like "Back", pressing this buttom would delete the last action you made[.]

I think a filling tool has been rendered obsolete with the addition of world backgrounds. You can set a background to any color you want.
An undo button would be nice, but we have /loadlevel, which can serve that same purpose. Saving often can help minimize lost work when you have to /loadlevel.

All in all I think these are okay ideas which already exist in the game in some form. I like the idea of profile customization, since it always irked me that I could customize the crew page but never my own personal page.

#8 2016-01-09 15:41:57

Insanity

All these are great ideas

Games rely on communities in order to grow

You want EE to grow? you basically have to force community interaction in newcomers' faces

Adding a lobby chat in the main lobby will allow this because the new users will at least have some people to talk to immediately upon joining the game. Moderators will now have a better job role, as they can mod the lobby chat as well

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#9 2016-01-09 21:01:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Insanity wrote:

Moderators will now have a better job role, as they can mod the lobby chat as well

it will be also easier to call a moderator to a specific world in-case something bad happens,
it will bring community closer and "chilling in the lobby" will become a thing in EE, it will get us more players because some people just want to chat with others

i8SwC8p.png

TaskManager1452369676574495

Board footer