Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Backup Accounts

I didn't try this yet and it would take some time to do but it might be helpful for if your account gets hacked. It will ONLY save your saved worlds, not any of your smileys or blocks. You will need EE Animator or a friend who knows how to use EE animator to make this work.

Make another account with a similar username and buy all worlds that you have in your main account. If you have 1 great world, buy a great world for your backup account, if you have 2 massive worlds, buy 2 massive worlds for your backup account etc. It will take a long time depending on how many worlds you have (It would take me forever)

Use animator or a friend who uses animator to copy all of your worlds and put them in your backup account. Again, this will take a long time but not as long as buying all of the worlds all over again

Congratulations! You are now prepared for somebody attacking your account and sharing it with the world. Now all of your hard work in your worlds is saved.

TIP: If you have worlds that have no use for you (like maybe a blank world or a sketchpad) then don't buy the extra world for your backup account. This will save a lot of time. Just take all of your finished/nearly finished worlds.
ANOTHER TIP: Do your most valuable worlds first, so that if a troll attacks your account while putting all of your worlds on your backup account.  

For me, I'm guessing this would take around 1 month and 20 days

aka towwl

#2 Before February 2015

Jasonma

Re: Backup Accounts

oh it'd take me forevar... i have 5 accounts. each of them has at least a great, massive, large, and small. but my main... holy geezus. it has well. look at my sig. thats my main.

and dude. thats why u make an UNGUESSABLE PASSWORD and like... A GOOD BACKUP EMAIL... ya know... some email that doesn't get hacked. smart one. and thats why your email provider should have SECURITY QUESTIONS. to RECOVER YOUR PASSWORD. -_- i still dont understand how people get hacked... maybe they are just stupid and give ee passwords AND email passwords away?

Last edited by Jasonma (Jul 1 2011 2:19:56 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Thats actually a good idea, but i would be good if we could save levels on to our computor.

#4 Before February 2015

Oturan

That would take forever for me, I have to many worlds in my account

#5 Before February 2015

calculusguy

What if you got about 13 magic? Backup will just have 200 energy, you can't get magic that fast.

#6 Before February 2015

o0ps

I have an acc called o0ps2. But I don't use it.

#7 Before February 2015

xincai

glad to join.

______________________________________________________________________________________
cheapest louis vuitton handbags   louis vuitton purse

#8 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

xincai wrote:

glad to join.

______________________________________________________________________________________
cheapest louis vuitton handbags   louis vuitton purse

Wow, You are almost close to posting spam.

But I dont know how to copy a level. Mind teaching how?

#9 Before February 2015

Chimi

I thought animator could save levels as files? :rolleyes:

#10 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Aoitenshi wrote:

But I dont know how to copy a level. Mind teaching how?

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=10629

You need to download a few things, but it's pretty simple once you understand how to get everything running.

About the back-up plan, it may be more useful then just a back-up. Like, say you needed to clear that world for something else. Not a problem, because you have a copy. It's a win-win situation if you get hacked. Well, you don't win anything, it's just not as bad.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#11 Before February 2015

Alien67

Hi guys, Did you know that I have been sending Chris some really cool brick ideas through E-mail?   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:  
HE MIGHT USE THEM!!!

#12 Before February 2015

Processor

Err...How to copy your worlds?! I know that you can take a screenshot of the minimap but how to copy the other blocks? (gravity,spawn points, black and secret blocks,....)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#13 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

^you don't. If you can't see it on the minimap it won't get copied.

@Alien, don't post off-topic like that.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Bobithan142387254088892

Board footer