Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2016-01-02 18:59:57

zioxei
Member
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 847

Win doors and gates

Version 1:
lY0uwyZ.png

Version 2:
39nMCf0.png

I'm sure I don't have to explain how they work.


user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline

#2 2016-01-02 19:02:54

AmdS
Member
From: Brazil
Joined: 2015-05-27
Posts: 2,384
Website

Re: Win doors and gates

If people will say this is useless, I will explain for how this would works for my levels.

Actually, when the player complete the level, he get the trophy but I dislike giving them a small box and them can't go to anywhere just a small box they can't leave. Or maybe place them in minis if they want to play a small version of them. Well, I don't know it's a bit useless though. Nice graphics

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2016-01-02 19:05:52

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,613

Re: Win doors and gates

Good Idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#4 2016-01-02 19:15:14

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,908

Re: Win doors and gates

AmdS wrote:

If people will say this is useless, I will explain for how this would works for my levels.

Actually, when the player complete the level, he get the trophy but I dislike giving them a small box and them can't go to anywhere just a small box they can't leave. Or maybe place them in minis if they want to play a small version of them. Well, I don't know it's a bit useless though. Nice graphics

Look at the Campaigns levels, they solved that problem by placing coin doors everywhere

Offline

Wooted by:

#5 2016-01-02 20:45:04

Weirdoverse
Member
From: A Really Really Really
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,036
Website

Re: Win doors and gates

Bonus levels!
hooray


A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Offline

#6 2016-01-02 20:46:33

SmittyW
Member
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 2,080

Re: Win doors and gates

It's the same as just giving the player a unique switch id at the end of the level.

Offline

#7 2016-01-02 21:05:26

Hostage
Banned
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-06-02
Posts: 1,317
Website

Re: Win doors and gates

Spongebob wrote:

Good Idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

we have a woot button for a reason


35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#8 2016-01-02 21:07:03

AmdS
Member
From: Brazil
Joined: 2015-05-27
Posts: 2,384
Website

Re: Win doors and gates

Hostage wrote:
Spongebob wrote:

Good Idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

we have a woot button for a reason

Dude the woot button don't was mean to work like that

Offline

#9 2016-01-02 21:48:44

zioxei
Member
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 847

Re: Win doors and gates

AmdS wrote:
Hostage wrote:
Spongebob wrote:

Good Idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

we have a woot button for a reason

Dude the woot button don't was mean to work like that

Wat is dat english?
What is it for then?


user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline

#10 2016-01-02 22:52:41

AmdS
Member
From: Brazil
Joined: 2015-05-27
Posts: 2,384
Website

Re: Win doors and gates

zioxei wrote:
AmdS wrote:
Hostage wrote:
Spongebob wrote:

Good Idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

we have a woot button for a reason

Dude the woot button don't was mean to work like that

Wat is dat english?
What is it for then?

Dude you know I DONT SPEAK THAT LANGUAGE

HOW MANY TIME I NEED TO SAY THAT?

Offline

#11 2016-01-02 23:41:41

zioxei
Member
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 847

Re: Win doors and gates

AmdS wrote:

Dude you know I DONT SPEAK THAT LANGUAGE

HOW MANY TIME I NEED TO SAY THAT?

Do you speak English? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2016-01-02 23:51:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 8,435

Re: Win doors and gates

We need crown-only doors and gates too, if we're here already


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#13 2016-01-03 01:54:56

imgood9
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-02-28
Posts: 472

Re: Win doors and gates

SmittyW. wrote:

It's the same as just giving the player a unique switch id at the end of the level.

That's very true. I hadn't thought of it that way but now that you mention it, this essentially makes the win block obsolete.

A golden crown block, though, is still only active as long as a person has their crown. That can be taken at any time. Having a crown-only block can make for interesting gameplay mechanics in protect-your-crown levels, for example.


Go vote. Register here. Do it for America.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2016-01-03 03:32:22

Falk
Member
From: Index
Joined: 2015-04-28
Posts: 269

Re: Win doors and gates

And you get fully stuck with absolute no way out except for rejoining the world if you stand in the door and somebody else puts on the crown.
The crown was always some extra little thing people aimed for and should remain that way. As a bonus thing.

And how will crown spammers be stopped?

This is what team doors are for.

Offline

Wooted by:

#15 2016-01-03 12:44:51

jdude02
Member
Joined: 2015-10-09
Posts: 84

Re: Win doors and gates

Falk wrote:

And you get fully stuck with absolute no way out except for rejoining the world if you stand in the door and somebody else puts on the crown.
The crown was always some extra little thing people aimed for and should remain that way. As a bonus thing.

And how will crown spammers be stopped?

This is what team doors are for.

Quoted from the invisible boosts thread: "IT IS THE OWNER'S FAULT." if they let things like that happen.

And no team doors can't be used for this, lay off the drugs please.

Offline

#16 2016-01-03 13:33:28

rgl32
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 543

Re: Win doors and gates

jdude02 wrote:
Falk wrote:

And you get fully stuck with absolute no way out except for rejoining the world if you stand in the door and somebody else puts on the crown.
The crown was always some extra little thing people aimed for and should remain that way. As a bonus thing.

And how will crown spammers be stopped?

This is what team doors are for.

Quoted from the invisible boosts thread: "IT IS THE OWNER'S FAULT." if they let things like that happen.

I usually agree with it being the owners fault, but there are so many ways you could lose a crown while inside that block, it's not like the owner is telling someone to grab the crown while someone is inside the block.

Honestly though, if the crown-only stuff gets added, it will most likely be like team doors/switches/keys/etc. where you can move inside them if they are activated, and gets closed when you leave them, making the possibility to be trapped like that nearly impossible.

Offline

Wooted by:

#17 2016-01-03 14:16:33

Falk
Member
From: Index
Joined: 2015-04-28
Posts: 269

Re: Win doors and gates

jdude02 wrote:

Quoted from the invisible boosts thread: "IT IS THE OWNER'S FAULT." if they let things like that happen.

And no team doors can't be used for this, lay off the drugs please.

You are one stubborn individual.

What does it take for you to understand that you don't need new things to build a certain thing?

rCTsquJ.png
PE1liji.png

Aren't these the same?

Offline

#18 2016-01-03 14:21:55

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,613

Re: Win doors and gates

Falk wrote:
jdude02 wrote:

Quoted from the invisible boosts thread: "IT IS THE OWNER'S FAULT." if they let things like that happen.

And no team doors can't be used for this, lay off the drugs please.

You are one stubborn individual.

What does it take for you to understand that you don't need new things to build a certain thing?

http://i.imgur.com/rCTsquJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/PE1liji.png

Aren't these the same?

No because if you have the crown and enter some other guy could get the crown and you wont have it so this means you would be stuck in there unlike the yellow team where you have to get gray team to get it off


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#19 2016-01-03 14:58:23

Koya
Fabulous Design Team
From: The island with those Brits
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,287

Re: Win doors and gates

Crown blocks signify that you open this door when you win, you don't come across a switch door and try to get in when you can't and you can still be team blue when you finish.

There isn't really a reason for this not to be added; yes there are other ways of doing this - but a win/crown door makes it clear.


Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Offline

#20 2016-01-03 19:00:44

imgood9
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-02-28
Posts: 472

Re: Win doors and gates

SmittyW. wrote:

It's the same as just giving the player a unique switch id at the end of the level.

Making win-only doors obsolete.

Falk wrote:

rCTsquJ.png
PE1liji.png

Aren't these the same?

Making crown-only doors obsolete.

I'm inclined to agree with these two now, considering they just proved that this suggestion would be redundant.


Go vote. Register here. Do it for America.

Offline

Wooted by:

#21 2016-01-04 02:28:01

zioxei
Member
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 847

Re: Win doors and gates

Guys, what the? We are talking about doors and gates which trigger by touching the trophy, not the crown...


user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline

#22 2016-01-04 03:00:11

imgood9
Member
From: 'Murica
Joined: 2015-02-28
Posts: 472

Re: Win doors and gates

zioxei wrote:

Guys, what the? We are talking about doors and gates which trigger by touching the trophy, not the crown...

Falk wrote:

rCTsquJ.png
PE1liji.png

Aren't these the same?

Replace the crown block with a trophy block and it does the same thing.
Team doors solve the problems in this thread.


Go vote. Register here. Do it for America.

Offline

#23 2016-01-04 05:38:59

Onjit
Banned
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,246
Website

Re: Win doors and gates

Falk wrote:
jdude02 wrote:

Quoted from the invisible boosts thread: "IT IS THE OWNER'S FAULT." if they let things like that happen.

And no team doors can't be used for this, lay off the drugs please.

You are one stubborn individual.

What does it take for you to understand that you don't need new things to build a certain thing?

rCTsquJ.png
PE1liji.png

Aren't these the same?

These are not the same. The crown can only be held by one person at a time. Teams can have multiple people.

Try to use your imagination to think of ways that the crown door will be incredibly useful.


A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Max length: 2,000 characters / Max lines: 20

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#24 2016-01-04 14:04:39

Falk
Member
From: Index
Joined: 2015-04-28
Posts: 269

Re: Win doors and gates

So if two persons win a map or get to some secret or harder to reach spot, the one that got there first loses the right to go through those doors.
He did reach that spot and there is no reason why his right to go through should be taken away just because another person reached it too.

Somebody got the crown and enters a crown-only win room. He gets stuck there if somebody else takes the crown.
You are encouraging the spam mentality.

Ontopic: I am more than certain that the problem got solved. Two ways to imitate the silver crown block were suggested.

Offline

#25 2016-01-04 15:21:42

jdude02
Member
Joined: 2015-10-09
Posts: 84

Re: Win doors and gates

Falk wrote:

So if two persons win a map or get to some secret or harder to reach spot, the one that got there first loses the right to go through those doors.
He did reach that spot and there is no reason why his right to go through should be taken away just because another person reached it too.

Somebody got the crown and enters a crown-only win room. He gets stuck there if somebody else takes the crown.
You are encouraging the spam mentality.

Ontopic: I am more than certain that the problem got solved. Two ways to imitate the silver crown block were suggested.

Stop mentioning the obvious uses and criticizing based on that, there are probably some really good uses of this thing, and also what if the owner wants those "bad things" to happen? Look at the views of others.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)
rgl321451942672573461

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1573861409.1132 - Generated in 0.076 seconds, 13 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.74 MiB (Peak: 2.03 MiB) ]