Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-31 19:10:15

SmittyW

Block Inconsistency

Hello. I'm here today to talk to you about a very important subject. Yes, you know what I mean. The biggest problem to have plagued EE possibly since the absence of mrshoe. Something so repulsive that it is undoubtedly the reason that newcomers won't stay.

That's right, I'm talking about

Drop-Shadows

3pXrLyX.png

As you can see, the blocks on the teal background look a little strange. That's because there are no shadows. This phenomenon is visible in most solid action blocks and one-way platforms as posted above. Note that the picture does not include all infected blocks. Arguably, there are some decor that could fall under this category as well.

Also consider that the ladder from the dojo pack is the only ladder without a shadow. Could this be related to ninja's chat ban and nou's transparent hatred of ninjas?

On the vomit-green background are some examples of this inconsistency and how silly regular blocks look when paired with the infected blocks. I hope these admins find a cure before the virus spreads. Thank you and as always, keep up the work.

#2 2016-01-01 00:39:46

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Block Inconsistency

Thanel wooted this = it's gonna be fixed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2016-01-01 00:43:03

Gosha

maxi123 wrote:

Thanel wooted this = it's gonna be fixed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

TOOP is responsible for textures

Wooted by:

#4 2016-01-01 00:44:28

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Goshanoob wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

Thanel can tell TOOP about it right?
so there is still hope!!

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#5 2016-01-01 00:52:51

Tamashiimizu

I don't see any inconsistencies. Look:

Death Gate: Death leaves no shadows, because death is shadow itself, the absence of life, the totality of shadow itself.
One-way platform: Why should one-way have a two dimensional shadow? If you pay close attention, there's is a one dimension shadow in the block, consistent with its name.
Half block, half shadow.
The timed block have no shadow because time is an intangible concept, with an intangible shadow.
The ladder's shadow is on the floor, because the sun is in the sky. Makes sense right?
The switch gate and coin gate have no shadows because our wise developers see them as part of a bigger system, they are used to create systems and contraptions and complex mechanisms, concepts that are also intangible. Why should a switch resetter have a shadow?
The builders club gate is building it's shadow, just wait and see for yourself.
The ice have a shadow and lightning effect in the block itself.
Please don't add shadows in the white block, there is a reason this block is the brightest of all.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2016-01-01 01:05:28

shadowda

Tamashiimizu wrote:

I don't see any inconsistencies. Look:

Death Gate: Death leaves no shadows, because death is shadow itself, the absence of life, the totality of shadow itself.
One-way platform: Why should one-way have a two dimensional shadow? If you pay close attention, there's is a one dimension shadow in the block, consistent with its name.
Half block, half shadow.
The timed block have no shadow because time is an intangible concept, with an intangible shadow.
The ladder's shadow is on the floor, because the sun is in the sky. Makes sense right?
The switch gate and coin gate have no shadows because our wise developers see them as part of a bigger system, they are used to create systems and contraptions and complex mechanisms, concepts that are also intangible. Why should a switch resetter have a shadow?
The builders club gate is building it's shadow, just wait and see for yourself.
The ice have a shadow and lightning effect in the block itself.
Please don't add shadows in the white block, there is a reason this block is the brightest of all.

everybody wrote:

get out

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2016-01-01 10:57:56

Sensei1

So thats why the white block always looked so weird!

#8 2016-01-01 18:25:47

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Goshanoob wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

Shadows are generated by the game, the blocks graphics don't have anything to do with this.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2016-01-01 21:33:07

zioxei

I think if clouds would have shadows, then the shadows would cover the cloud decorations.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#10 2016-01-01 22:03:15

Schlog

SmittyW. wrote:

Also consider that the ladder from the dojo pack is the only ladder without a shadow. Could this be related to ninja's chat ban and nou's transparent hatred of ninjas?

OH MY GOD THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! NOU HATES NINJAS SO MUCH THAT HE CHAT BANNED ME!!!
WHAT KIND OF GENIUS WOULD COME UP WITH THIS?!

also you're right the block inconsistency is incredibly annoying

#11 2016-01-01 22:11:59

SmittyW

zioxei wrote:

I think if clouds would have shadows, then the shadows would cover the cloud decorations.

Block shadows don't cover decors. The only blocks that do overlap are the jungle pack face block and pot, which are also inconsistent. For some strange reason they seem to be on an entirely different layer and also cover smiley faces.

SmittyW1451682719572560

Board footer