Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Processor

How to use WASD in Fullscreen mode...

You can't do some challenges with arrows, the problem is that you can't press Space + 2 arrows together. This makes some puzzles very hard or pretty (or even completely) impossible!
But they're possible with WASD, it doesn't have that limitation.

But there's a problem: YOU CANT USE WASD IN FULLSCREEN MODE!! Whats the problem?
One of the (stupid) Adobe Flash security features is the limited keyboard input in fullscreen mode, it only allows the Space Bar and the Arrow keys... How does that affect my security?! I don't get it.

And theres no option to disable it... So whatever Chris does, he can not turn this option off... You will never be able to chat in full screen mode...

So, any way to make WASD work in fullscreen mode? Sure! using Autohotkey or similar software!

Using Autohotkey, you can use this code to make WASD work in Fullscreen EE!

#IfWinActive, ahk_class ShockwaveFlashFullScreen w::Up a::Left s::Down d::Right #IfWinActive

if you dont have Autohotkey Installed (or don't know how to use it), download the compiled version of this script and run the .exe file
http://www.mediafire.com/?qf0ha5c0iwrm65c

Happy playing in fullscreen mode!

NOTE: This will enable wasd in any full screen flash game... And it disables wasd keys in any window named "Adobe Flash Player"... No program will be using that name... i don't guess... unless you create your own program named that, it causes no problems... and i wanted to keep the source code simple so not added a way to make sure its the EE game in full screen mode...

Edit: made the code a little bit more standard (nou using ahk_class ShockwaveFlashFullScreen instead name of the window that might change in later versions...).

Last edited by Processor (Jul 3 2011 10:05:51 am)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#2 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Re: How to use WASD in Fullscreen mode...

Good luck? I thought this is supposed to work, we shouldn't need good luck...

#3 Before February 2015

Processor

Cyclopsicle wrote:

Good luck? I thought this is supposed to work, we shouldn't need good luck...

LOL, changed to Happy playing in full screen mode!:lol:

Last edited by Processor (Jul 2 2011 4:32:28 pm)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#4 Before February 2015

Nou

Downloaded it and it works, nice one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

For other people: you don't actually need to create your own script, just run the executable in his link (virus free).

+1 for you

No u.

#5 Before February 2015

Processor

Nou wrote:

Downloaded it and it works, nice one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

For other people: you don't actually need to create your own script, just run the executable in his link (virus free).

+1 for you

Thx. And if you wanna make sure... you can use a de-compiler to make sure the code is same as scurce code... just google "exe to ahk"!
I'll be changeing the name to WASDINFULLSCREEN.EXE because its confusing now...

#6 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I seem to use 2 arrows and the space bar at the same time all the time on my computer full-screen and non-full-screen

#7 Before February 2015

Nou

kingpooultra wrote:

I seem to use 2 arrows and the space bar at the same time all the time on my computer full-screen and non-full-screen

Arrows aren't the same as WASD, hence the tool.

No u.

#8 Before February 2015

Chimi

The only thing is that on my computer the chat bar is always cut off in fullscreen mode.

#9 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

That doesn't happen to me(Iv'e used shared accounts)

#10 Before February 2015

Wocco

Or use a mac
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#11 Before February 2015

Processor

Wocco wrote:

Or use a mac

I'm pretty sure that this security feature is in all flash versions, mac or PC... Not sure about the 3 key limitation...
EDIT: Seems like that not all computers have that limitation...

Chimi wrote:

The only thing is that on my computer the chat bar is always cut off in fullscreen mode.

Hm... If you buy a wide 16:9 monitor you can see all of it!:)

Last edited by Processor (Jul 3 2011 8:15:03 am)

#12 Before February 2015

Wocco

Processor wrote:
Wocco wrote:

Or use a mac

I'm pretty sure that this security feature is in all flash versions, mac or PC... Not sure about the 3 key limitation...

Yeh I'm not 100% sure about all macs, but it works for me = ]

#13 Before February 2015

Processor

Wocco wrote:
Processor wrote:
Wocco wrote:

Or use a mac

Yeh I'm not 100% sure about all macs, but it works for me = ]

Seems to work on my PC laptops too... Maybe its my keyboard... This dosent work on my friends PC too....:|

#14 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I usually hook my computer up to my 55" TV so I can see EVERYTHING.   But I can see the chat even in fullscreen on my computer screen, and I don't use WASD, so I'm safe!

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Processor

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I don't use WASD, so I'm safe!

Safe?!:/

#16 Before February 2015

Nou

Processor wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I don't use WASD, so I'm safe!

Safe?!:/

Of course, minigames2code and stairs lvls don't need WASD //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

No u.

Processor142387274888684

Board footer