Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Freak

Re: It kinda makes me sad seeing all the people without chat...

His new blog post proves even more that he isn't fixing chat.
Apparently he can't admit his system is flawed and that the community came up with better ideas.

#27 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

freak, you are terribly misinformed. He knows the current method is not good, but he cannot think of a better way, and there are certain criteria he has somewhere(can't remember where) that all suggested ideas must go by. They must meet all the criteria and so far none of them have. Sucks for us, but its a computer game, so who ****ing (for the little kids) cares.

#28 Before February 2015

Freak

greenzoid2 wrote:

freak, you are terribly misinformed. He knows the current method is not good, but he cannot think of a better way, and there are certain criteria he has somewhere(can't remember where) that all suggested ideas must go by. They must meet all the criteria and so far none of them have. Sucks for us, but its a computer game, so who ****ing (for the little kids) cares.

Actually nobody knows anything about what Chris truly thinks.
I was making an assumption on what Chris has said, alluded to, and implied on the topic so far.
Prove to me that I'm misinformed; you can't.

Those criteria that Chris set himself (another example of him only using what he came up with) have been met by at least one idea.
However, if Chris followed the smarter suggestions of the community (reverse 1¢, more mods, complete chat filter, phone verification, report system, etc) he would have a good system that everybody was happy with. The kids, the parents, everybody. He would be the only one unhappy because he didn't think of the idea.

I care about this because I play it a lot in my free time. It took a turn for the worse and I want Chris to fix it. But now, it seems to be getting too far out of hand. It would be a shame to have an overall good game fall victim to a developer that makes bad decisions. He just can't get it through his head that by disabling a selling point of the game and damaging his community won't make it safe. You can make anything in this game. Removing chat for everybody to get rid of some **** (for Chris) cusses won't help when you can make a ****, racial slurs and even more inappropriate crap in the actual game.

Maybe if Chris spent a little bit of interacting with his community instead of leaving it to alex and rpg he would have a better grasp on all of this. I'll bet you another $1k Chris didn't even look past the second page on the "Let's fix chat!" topic. He was acting like he was going to fix it just to satisfy us. He still hasn't.

#29 Before February 2015

spencer102

Freak wrote:
greenzoid2 wrote:

I was making an assumption on what Chris has said, alluded to, and implied on the topic so far.

Those criteria that Chris set himself (another example of him only using what he came up with) have been met by at least one idea.
However, if Chris followed the smarter suggestions of the community (reverse 1¢, more mods, complete chat filter, phone verification, report system, etc) he would have a good system that everybody was happy with. The kids, the parents, everybody. He would be the only one unhappy because he didn't think of the idea.

I care about this because I play it a lot in my free time. It took a turn for the worse and I want Chris to fix it. But now, it seems to be getting too far out of hand. It would be a shame to have an overall good game fall victim to a developer that makes bad decisions. He just can't get it through his head that by disabling a selling point of the game and damaging his community won't make it safe. You can make anything in this game. Removing chat for everybody to get rid of some **** (for Chris) cusses won't help when you can make a ****, racial slurs and even more inappropriate crap in the actual game.

Maybe if Chris spent a little bit of interacting with his community instead of leaving it to alex and rpg he would have a better grasp on all of this. I'll bet you another $1k Chris didn't even look past the second page on the "Let's fix chat!" topic. He was acting like he was going to fix it just to satisfy us. He still hasn't.

Sadly, I have to agree with this... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#30 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

I am pretty sure that none of the suggested ideas met all the criteria, and definately none of the ones you suggested(they can be manipulated).
The problem with Chris, is that he's trying to make a completely kid safe game, which most people who play online games know is impossible to do. I personally think that there should just be some word filters, and then get over it. Ban people who disobey the rules, avoid filters etc.

ALTHOUGH.....I agree with the rest of your post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by greenzoid2 (Jan 14 2011 12:10:03 pm)

#31 Before February 2015

Fer22f

mistahboi wrote:

I think for non-Betas, chat verification should stay as is, but it doesn't make sense for Betas to not have chat anymore. An adult must have given a beta permission already to chat, if they allowed them to get it in the first place.

I tottally agree. BETAS HAVE TO GET CHAT!

#32 Before February 2015

haythere

Agree

I think for non-Betas, chat verification should stay as is, but it doesn't make sense for Betas to not have chat anymore. An adult must have given a beta permission already to chat, if they allowed them to get it in the first place.

and Agree

#33 Before February 2015

Doghana

I have a credit card (master card) except it wont let me pay! does anyone else have this problem? it's really annoying. i dont trust everyone playing EE, but i trust the forum community (to me, your all my friends. even chewy with -137 rep. Except linus21). If anyone wants to pay for my chat, that would be really cool. Just PM me, and i'll give you my password.

#34 Before February 2015

narutovsdbz

Danni wrote:

A lot of the times, I'll end up being the only person in a room with chat, with like 20 other people that don't. Or there's me, and a handful of other people. Just kinda makes me sad that I can't interact with them.

lol, if I had a PayPal account, and if I knew people would trust me I myself would set up some kind of thing and unlock chat for these guys. Kinda like what that blacklye guy was doing, except less hacking and spamming and more chat unlocking. :/

So you will get me chat? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL   Your awesome!

#35 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

yeah I do wish I could interact with people

and i really wish AMYCHAO could chat

#36 Before February 2015

Palm

Danni wrote:

A lot of the times, I'll end up being the only person in a room with chat, with like 20 other people that don't. Or there's me, and a handful of other people. Just kinda makes me sad that I can't interact with them.

lol, if I had a PayPal account, and if I knew people would trust me I myself would set up some kind of thing and unlock chat for these guys. Kinda like what that blacklye guy was doing, except less hacking and spamming and more chat unlocking. :/

Well i dont have chat or anything, its wierd how people are sad , I mean, Kongregate and others have chat so "Yeah!"....Still dont understand me?I obviosly dont need chat, im just a Kong Playah, And a comment rater.

Have you ever notice something?Beta is just well, kinda donating, like when we had to donate for the blue coins(WE HAVEH THE BLUEY COINS YA KNOW!NOW!) so he can make a update?Well, then he just made   system where they can get cool stuff.

#37 Before February 2015

primo

i think there should be like everyone can chat and you have an ignore list and report abuse button and if u say something bad you get banned for a certain amount of time also (off topic) i think levels should have a description

#38 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

I would buy chat,but Its 1 cent in canada/Usa but it is aloooooooooooooooooooot more in serbia... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#39 Before February 2015

Chatteno

Danni wrote:
spencer102 wrote:

I trust you enough to do that. I trust most of the faces on the EE forums, if they would really do something like that. I think your right, it does sound sad being the only one with chat in a room full of non-chatters. The only thing worse is being the only one with no chat in a room full chatters. (Me)

Yeah that is bad. Back when it was beta-only, and you could see what people were typing, it wasn't so bad, but now non-chatters must feel all kinds of left out. :/
Well, I'll say that if you still have to pay a cent through PayPal for chat at the end of this year, by then I'll be 18, and I'll unlock peoples' chat if they'll let me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Can you do that for me, please?

And I believe that chat should be free.
No Chat | Chat
-----------------------------------------
me            | people i dont know

#40 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

Most of the time when there are alot of chatters in a room and they start saying stuff I'm like " I wonder what their talking about?" also in those places my name is kicked down of the list of people page because my user starts with U and is long WevBh.png .

Edit: would it hurt if we can least know what they are saying?

Last edited by ultrasuperdude (Jul 3 2011 6:15:46 pm)

#41 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Nice gravedig lol

#42 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Edited out.

Last edited by EE_Scythe (Jul 3 2011 7:54:57 pm)

#43 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I would so love to have chat but my mom thinks paypal is basically a scam and well I cant get it WevBh.png

#44 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Pyromaniac wrote:

Nice gravedig lol

^It seems like all of Danni's topics have been grave-dug recently...

I also think that Chris is being a little too paranoid about the chat. It's a little redundant to require and age limit when I can google [insert something very inappropriate] and get access to it with just a few clicks.

And it's not like we're talking about [insert inappropriate topic] all the time in the chat. If something inappropriate comes up, it's usually some kid who thinks he'd be cool if he started talking about [insert inappropriate noun] or something, which I usually kick.

Last edited by Tako (Jul 3 2011 8:04:26 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#45 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

yes you could just kick the rude person in the chat...Then done!

#46 Before February 2015

Calicara

I never really care, because I feel some people don't need chat. Basically the majority of EE is made up of little kids. And if everyone had chat it would just be like mass chaos. People would call each other names, harrass people, and then the list of people to ban would be a zillion pages long full of stupid complaints like "He shud get band cuz he cal me stupid!". Most of the people that do have chat are the only ones that are mature enough to use it /excluding shared accounts/

#47 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Where is Danni, anyway?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#48 Before February 2015

Thy Cowman

Failgirl101 wrote:

I never really care, because I feel some people don't need chat. Basically the majority of EE is made up of little kids. And if everyone had chat it would just be like mass chaos. People would call each other names, harrass people, and then the list of people to ban would be a zillion pages long full of stupid complaints like "He shud get band cuz he cal me stupid!". Most of the people that do have chat are the only ones that are mature enough to use it /excluding shared accounts/

So many games out there require nothing but the check of a terms and conditions box to "prove" you're of a certain age or have parental consent to be chatting with others, and in those games it becomes obvious the system is flawed for those who want more mature interactions with others. So I do agree with you that giving chat to everyone with the game as it is now would be mass chaos. However I think some changes should be made, then chat given to everyone.

First off we definitely need the chat command "/ignore" to hide messages from a certain player. So people cannot abuse the system, there should be a limit to accounts made per IP address in a certain time frame. Harsher rules regarding chat should be enforced; those who spam or excessively swear would lose the ability to chat. There should also be a way to toggle chat on and off so that you are not constantly bombarded with text bubbles and text on the right side when you do not want to be.

It does seem unfair that some users who seem able to make a positive impact on the community do not have chat. There are several non-chat players I have in mind. I'm already purchasing chat for a friend who is unable to set up a Paypal account and hope to do so for more players in the future.

#49 Before February 2015

DryKirby

I'm 11, and I don't spam chat rooms or anything. But Chris apparently thinks that 10-11 year olds are immature and will abuse stuff like reporting and spamming. And besides, my dad says that "You can't pay 1 cent for a credit card". Apparently he can pay the money for beta but not chat.

Anyway, Chris can make chat easy in 6 simple steps:

1. More mods
2. Ignore user, report system
3. More mods
4. Chat warnings and bans for spammers
5. Asterisk censoring for inappropiate stuff, if any
6. MORE MODS

I agree that all betas should have chat, and that's a large chunk of the community. I'm sure most betas are trustable when it comes to this stuff.

if a girl does not have yuri then she is lost

but that same girl can be lost in the yuri

#50 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

DryKirby64 wrote:

I'm 11, and I don't spam chat rooms or anything. But Chris apparently thinks that 10-11 year olds are immature and will abuse stuff like reporting and spamming. And besides, my dad says that "You can't pay 1 cent for a credit card". Apparently he can pay the money for beta but not chat.

Anyway, Chris can make chat easy in 6 simple steps:

1. More mods
2. Ignore user, report system
3. More mods
4. Chat warnings and bans for spammers
5. Asterisk censoring for inappropiate stuff, if any
6. MORE MODS

I agree that all betas should have chat, and that's a large chunk of the community. I'm sure most betas are trustable when it comes to this stuff.

Does this count as a gravedig? Also i totally agree drykirby my friend who is 11 is as mature as a 15 year old. yet he is still not allowed to have chat...

Last edited by Wolf exile1 (Jul 7 2011 9:34:33 pm)

DBear142387317588257

Board footer