Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

DBear

It kinda makes me sad seeing all the people without chat...

A lot of the times, I'll end up being the only person in a room with chat, with like 20 other people that don't. Or there's me, and a handful of other people. Just kinda makes me sad that I can't interact with them.

lol, if I had a PayPal account, and if I knew people would trust me I myself would set up some kind of thing and unlock chat for these guys. Kinda like what that blacklye guy was doing, except less hacking and spamming and more chat unlocking. :/

Please, call me Danni.
NNID: DanniDearest
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#2 Before February 2015

spencer102

Re: It kinda makes me sad seeing all the people without chat...

I trust you enough to do that. I trust most of the faces on the EE forums, if they would really do something like that. I think your right, it does sound sad being the only one with chat in a room full of non-chatters. The only thing worse is being the only one with no chat in a room full chatters. (Me)

#3 Before February 2015

DBear

spencer102 wrote:

I trust you enough to do that. I trust most of the faces on the EE forums, if they would really do something like that. I think your right, it does sound sad being the only one with chat in a room full of non-chatters. The only thing worse is being the only one with no chat in a room full chatters. (Me)

Yeah that is bad. Back when it was beta-only, and you could see what people were typing, it wasn't so bad, but now non-chatters must feel all kinds of left out. :/
Well, I'll say that if you still have to pay a cent through PayPal for chat at the end of this year, by then I'll be 18, and I'll unlock peoples' chat if they'll let me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Please, call me Danni.
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#4 Before February 2015

emanresu

Yeah, I've had the idea of taking a dollar and just buying 100 people chat. I wouldn't feel right asking for people's passwords though. What's the use of a chat if the majority of players can't use it? I could go on a long winded rant here about parental responsibility and the nature of the internet, but I've already done that several time in the past to no avail. Suffice to say, the chat restrictions are ridiculous and are hurting EE IMO.

#5 Before February 2015

spencer102

Well to both of you, to me I would have no problem trusting a member of the EE forum community to my account if they were doing something so generous. IMO anyone who would use their own money to help so many others deserves some reward.

#6 Before February 2015

Jeffrey

this sucks idd they say that we didnt get a chat because the guys who didnt got paypal are under the 12 years?

#7 Before February 2015

DBear

emanresu wrote:

Yeah, I've had the idea of taking a dollar and just buying 100 people chat. I wouldn't feel right asking for people's passwords though. What's the use of a chat if the majority of players can't use it? I could go on a long winded rant here about parental responsibility and the nature of the internet, but I've already done that several time in the past to no avail. Suffice to say, the chat restrictions are ridiculous and are hurting EE IMO.

Yeah, hence why I said I'd only do it for people that trusted me. And I know people are still wary about the whole Blacklye thing.
And the parental control thing...I mean yeah. Why can't a picture of a school ID suffice? But then again, people could use their friends' or something, so I dunno. I can't really think of any better parental control thing(but not saying this one is good).

spencer102 wrote:

Well to both of you, to me I would have no problem trusting a member of the EE forum community to my account if they were doing something so generous. IMO anyone who would use their own money to help so many others deserves some reward.

It's good that you trust the EE community, but you have to remember that not everyone is sunshine and peaches. That blacklye guy started off on this forum, claiming to get people free gems and chat and whatnot. Though it really just comes down to the gut feeling of who you can trust.
But fear not, if you're still around at the end of the year, and you haven't gotten your chat unlocked, I'll be sure to get to yours first. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

jeffrey wrote:

this sucks idd they say that we didnt get a chat because the guys who didnt got paypal are under the 12 years?

Well, you need to be 18 in order to have a PayPal account. Chris's idea is that using Paypal will ensure that an adult will know about the person using the chat.

Please, call me Danni.
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#8 Before February 2015

spencer102

Danni wrote:
spencer102 wrote:

It's good that you trust the EE community, but you have to remember that not everyone is sunshine and peaches. That blacklye guy started off on this forum, claiming to get people free gems and chat and whatnot. Though it really just comes down to the gut feeling of who you can trust.
But fear not, if you're still around at the end of the year, and you haven't gotten your chat unlocked, I'll be sure to get to yours first. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

You do have a point there, but I do remember the Blacklye thing, and if I can say so myself, it was a pretty obvious scam and I don't feel simpify for people who fell for it.

#9 Before February 2015

DBear

spencer102 wrote:

You do have a point there, but I do remember the Blacklye thing, and if I can say so myself, it was a pretty obvious scam and I don't feel simpify for people who fell for it.

True...but there are a lot of really young kids who play this, and some may not know any better. So I do kinda feel a little sympathy for them. They just wanted to play with the new features and stuff a little sooner. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Ah well.

Please, call me Danni.
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#10 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

To be perfectly honest, I would rather see their chat now (I don't have it either).

In a place like a boss room the boss will give out instructions I don't see and I lose because I'm following the normal rules.

(Oh, and you don't need to give out a password. If the person goes to "Verify now" it takes you to the place where you verify the chat for that account. Such as this for mine: https://www.paypal.com/dk/cgi-bin/websc … 28ea935a7c)

Last edited by Lin Keui Swampert (Jan 12 2011 4:33:30 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

DBear

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:

To be perfectly honest, I would rather see their chat now (I don't have it either).

In a place like a boss room the boss will give out instructions I don't see and I lose because I'm following the normal rules.

(Oh, and you don't need to give out a password. If the person goes to "Verify now" it takes you to the place where you verify the chat for that account. Such as this for mine: https://www.paypal.com/dk/cgi-bin/websc … 28ea935a7c)

Wait, so everybody actually has an individual link to get their chat verified?
If so, then that's great. Then there wouldn't need to be any sort of suspicion involved. That would make getting other people chat a lot easier. :3

Please, call me Danni.
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#12 Before February 2015

Fer22f

I pay beta, I need chat. If parents alow beta, he's alow chat too! CHAT FOR BETAS!

#13 Before February 2015

spencer102

I think if you buy beta with paypal, you should get chat for free, but if you get gems with offers, it's obvious why that wont work. And it's great news everyone has there own "verify" button.

#14 Before February 2015

lillsneppe

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:

I tried that (with a friend when chat first came out), and it didn't work.

emanresu wrote:

Yeah, I've had the idea of taking a dollar and just buying 100 people chat. I wouldn't feel right asking for people's passwords though.

Ask the ones you're offering chat to, to swap their passwords pretty quick and then to swap back.

#15 Before February 2015

bliske

yeah it's true, but i suppose sometimes it's not always good, that's why parental control is there, most of them won't get it if there parents dont allow it. but ah well what can u do.

#16 Before February 2015

haythere

It has been a while now that this has been enforced, I'm hoping Chris will have another solution soon

#17 Before February 2015

bliske

i think chris is trying to find a procedure except it has to be 'perfect' to avoid it. but honestly a good majority of EE, it's not a rather large community, don't swear or foul language, i see it more as only trolls swear.

#18 Before February 2015

Freak

Chris isn't trying to find anything bros ~

#19 Before February 2015

haythere

Freak wrote:

What do you mean?

#20 Before February 2015

Freak

haythere wrote:
Freak wrote:

What do you mean?

Not trying to find a way to fix chat.
I'll bet you $1k he hasn't attempted to fix chat for weeks. He won't. He thinks it's great right now and he doesn't want to use other people's ideas because they aren't his. (:

#21 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I think for non-Betas, chat verification should stay as is, but it doesn't make sense for Betas to not have chat anymore. An adult must have given a beta permission already to chat, if they allowed them to get it in the first place.

#22 Before February 2015

haythere

Freak wrote:
haythere wrote:
Freak wrote:

What do you mean?

Not trying to find a way to fix chat.
I'll bet you $1k he hasn't attempted to fix chat for weeks. He won't. He thinks it's great right now and he doesn't want to use other people's ideas because they aren't his. (:

Well if thats the case then me and a lot of other players are going to remain upset. I sent him an email a while back on how i could provide proof that im 18, still no reply...

#23 Before February 2015

Xpo20

I agree with the above. I mean, the one above THAT.

Last edited by Xpo20 (Jan 13 2011 8:43:40 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

I'm fairly certain it'd cost you more than a cent to ultimately enable chat for people.   Say they created a PayPal, and wanted you to send them a cent.   I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay the PayPal fees on the transaction, which would wind up being 30ish cents (because it's a base 27 cent fee).

#25 Before February 2015

Fendox

I wish there was another way to unlock chat.

My parents don't trust PayPal.
Maybe my dad, but he is in China and does not know when he comes back. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

DBear142387317588257

Board footer