Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-19 04:19:18

blizzard

Re: gun control

Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:
Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:

long

I don't know where you're getting your info from (looks like shady sites, hit me up with something like BBC) but where I'm looking, our gun control is tight and gun related deaths are minimal. The article mentions Dunblane, Scotland, which seems to be the only school shooting that's actually happened in this country.
Seriously, I don't know what you're trying to disprove me with. Gun laws work.

Understand if you don't wanna check it out. Just letting you know, I've given you proof that gun control has hurt countries/cities in a lot of cases yet you refuse to give it a second thought. Believe what you want, but I certainly will believe multiple cases over Anak's word, sorry.

"Multiple cases" which weren't actually what you said them to be. Gun control isn't hurting anyone, it's helping, and I've countered your proof with actual fact so I don't know what you're chatting lmao

"The top 5 countries for mass shootings per capita all have “restrictive” gun policies."
"Gun Crime Soars in England Where Guns Are Banned" *10 years ago but we discussed this
"In 2009, twelve years after the Firearms Act of 1997 was passed, Daily Mail Online reported that Britain was “the most violent country in Europe.”
I don't know where you got the random assumption that it's "not what I said them to be" because now you are just grabbing at straws.

"I've countered your proof with actual fact"

Couldn't stop laughing at this one. You have given me no facts, just a mere string of your comments stating gun control is helpful.

#27 2015-12-19 15:55:05

Anak

blizzard wrote:

long

1. You never even gave a source for that so I have no idea where you're getting that from.

2. Over 10 years ago so not really relevant.

3. Daily Mail isn't exactly the most trustable of news sources, I also debunked that so...

You don't seem to be acknowledging that you're not giving trustworthy news sources, rather just pulling up articles from lowkey sites.

#28 2015-12-20 03:14:08

blizzard

Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:

long

1. You never even gave a source for that so I have no idea where you're getting that from.

2. Over 10 years ago so not really relevant.

3. Daily Mail isn't exactly the most trustable of news sources, I also debunked that so...

You don't seem to be acknowledging that you're not giving trustworthy news sources, rather just pulling up articles from lowkey sites.

1. I did, but you refused to look.
2. That's a cop out, for you know the same thing could happen to us. It was 10 years ago, sure. But gun control certainly didn't help there. So why should we repeat that? Give me a good reason.
3. I can give you tons of sources, but yet you can't even seem to give me one.

Again, I can give you many more sources if you wish, however, you are still getting all over my case yet can't seem to bring up any sources to back up your so called "facts."

#29 2015-12-20 03:26:18, last edited by Anak (2015-12-20 03:30:10)

Anak

blizzard wrote:

2. That's a cop out, for you know the same thing could happen to us. It was 10 years ago, sure. But gun control certainly didn't help there. So why should we repeat that? Give me a good reason.

Again, I can give you many more sources if you wish, however, you are still getting all over my case yet can't seem to bring up any sources to back up your so called "facts."

blizzard wrote:

"The U.S.’ index of 0.12 per 5,000,000 places it behind Norway, Finland, Slovakia, Israel, and Switzerland – at half the ratio.

Another thing one might note: The top 5 countries for mass shootings per capita all have “restrictive” gun policies."

Is your source invisible?

Australia seems to be doing just fine
Also you can give me tons of sources but the ones you've provided haven't seem to do anything useful (you still haven't acknowledged the shadiness of them)
Meanwhile I have provided my reliable sources

I just realised I hadn't sourced anything on Dunblane, so here: http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/ … nd-killing
As you'll see, the gun restriction laws hadn't been addressed since yet another decade earlier
Wikipedia says that Dunblane is the UK's first and only school shooting (of all time I somewhat doubt, but definitely in a long while) (and yes I will provide a Wikipedia article as if you look towards the bottom of the page you will see multiple government websites cited)

Whilst the UK has mass shootings practically unheard of, the USA has school shootings, what, monthly? Even moreso? Clearly your lack of gun restriction laws aren't doing so well for you. If you want to continue arguing feel free to but it's clearly getting you nowhere.

#30 2015-12-20 03:47:27

blizzard

Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:

blizzard wrote:

"The U.S.’ index of 0.12 per 5,000,000 places it behind Norway, Finland, Slovakia, Israel, and Switzerland – at half the ratio.

Another thing one might note: The top 5 countries for mass shootings per capita all have “restrictive” gun policies."

Is your source invisible?

Australia seems to be doing just fine
Also you can give me tons of sources but the ones you've provided haven't seem to do anything useful (you still haven't acknowledged the shadiness of them)
Meanwhile I have provided my reliable sources

I just realised I hadn't sourced anything on Dunblane, so here: http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/ … nd-killing
As you'll see, the gun restriction laws hadn't been addressed since yet another decade earlier
Wikipedia says that Dunblane is the UK's first and only school shooting (of all time I somewhat doubt, but definitely in a long while) (and yes I will provide a Wikipedia article as if you look towards the bottom of the page you will see multiple government websites cited)

Whilst the UK has mass shootings practically unheard of, the USA has school shootings, what, monthly? Even moreso? Clearly your lack of gun restriction laws aren't doing so well for you. If you want to continue arguing feel free to but it's clearly getting you nowhere.

Oh my bad, thought I had included a source: http://www.ijreview.com/2015/12/348197- … shootings/ Many many others if you wish to look them up.

The shadiness of them? I find it funny you jump all over me for shady sources but then give me a wikipedia source. If you wish to have nothing to do with my sources, I will follow your example and have nothing to do with yours since supposedly, we both give "shady sources."

#31 2015-12-20 04:05:28

Anak

blizzard wrote:

The shadiness of them? I find it funny you jump all over me for shady sources but then give me a wikipedia source. If you wish to have nothing to do with my sources, I will follow your example and have nothing to do with yours since supposedly, we both give "shady sources."

Anak wrote:

(and yes I will provide a Wikipedia article as if you look towards the bottom of the page you will see multiple government websites cited)

I'm done with you now.

#32 2015-12-20 21:42:50

JadElClemens

Guns are pretty cool. It's hard to ignore cases of gun laws having reduced gun crime, though this does tend to be in places with more cultural and ideological homogyny (plus in England they just got all stabby stabby instead).

I think if I had to make a personal choice between having a smaller chance of being a victim of a mass shooting or having a larger chance of that, but with armed people around me (or myself being armed), I'd probably choose the latter case. Just tbh fam.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#33 2015-12-20 22:01:48

Crastopher
Website

dont like. the mass shooters have illegal guns 95% of the time anyways
like dont take my word for fact but im pretty sure its not legal to have some giant assault rifle in a school and stuff anyways

im gay

Wooted by:
Crastopher1450645308568840

Board footer